Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TJ-Fox

Advice/reassurance for Cardiff game

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Nah, Showsec wanted to wand him and then search him which I refused as he was panicking and getting upset, and then the steward in question started laughing at him. 

In the end they let us through after I contacted LCFC Help, and then I got a full apology from the club for how he had been treated - although they did say that the Showsec team on those turnstiles had been instructed to search all individuals entering the ground.

Thats awful mate.

• Like 1

I haven’t been to a match with young kids before, but from observing others with kids around that age, my main concern would be him getting a bit bored and wanting to leave (it’s a long time to sit in one place when you are that young). I would come preprepared with some stuff for him to play about with during the match - I am sure the club shop can help you out there as well! 

My Son is now 16 but has been going to games since he was your son's age. My advice would be to get him a travel-stadium-booster-seat-backpack. You can fill it with snacks and games or even take it empty, and he will always be able to see over who ever is in front of him. 

Link here to some on ebay

This is the one we used for years.

Edited by abc
2nd link added

3 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Took my lad when he was 3 or 4, he was more bothered about getting the train into Lestah from Narborough, we did win 3-0 and the goal noise was "surprising for him".

Sadly he is 20 in Sept and now works in London BUT there isn't ANY conversation I have with him that doesn't involve Leicester City, the players, the aways etc.  Though we did go to Eindhoven and Rome together.  He even took his 15 year old sister to Burnley A midweek post covid win in his old Corsa for a 2-0 A win.

So it seems great now BUT you could unleash a monster later down the line!!!  And he comes up almost every game for the homes.

I took my son 1 day before his 6th birthday with an adult friend of mine as well. My friend said "I thought it was a mistake bringing him that young but he watched it all.

God forbid anyone who hasn't got a season ticket in the season your child turns 18, the increase for me was 49%

I took my eight year old son to his first match away at Blackburn in 2012.  He wasn't that interested in football at the time.  He found it very loud but he did enjoy the bad language from the ladies sitting behind us.  He saw Vardy scored his first league goal for us. The start of something special.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

You'll be fine with Cardiff. 

Hopefully your lad loves it and wants to go more. 

I was invited to a Pub in Cardiff just after Vichai died along with a few other Leicester fans. They were very welcoming and had made a RIP Vichai banner that was hung on the outside of the pub for the day. 

Touch of class by them. Massive respect. 

Think I was there too- some little Spanish tapas type bar?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bilo said:

I have to say that Cardiff fans went up massively in my estimation after the way they responded to Vichai's death.

Lesser clubs, like Forest and Coventry, would have taken the piss and turned it very ugly.

When we played them their club even put on free food in the concourse, no need for it but they did, also didn't they have a banner printed that got past over our heads from home to away end, it has been a few years and I can't remember a lot from it. Was top drawer by them though.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2023 at 13:21, abc said:

My Son is now 16 but has been going to games since he was your son's age. My advice would be to get him a travel-stadium-booster-seat-backpack. You can fill it with snacks and games or even take it empty, and he will always be able to see over who ever is in front of him. 

Link here to some on ebay

This is the one we used for years.

Great advice, have got a Trunki one already

On 09/08/2023 at 15:17, OntarioFox said:

Let's not forget we've both experienced tragedy in recent times - the Emiliano Sala debacle in their case, which continues to kick them while they're down all these years later. :(

They were absolutely class to us following the helicopter disaster. :appl:

Did they not after passing that banner over their heads go full throttle into the anti English/away team repertoire.

Bar what Ash was saying with the pub meet, the banner and etc would have been club driven not fans. 

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Great to hear some of the stories of you when you first took your little ones.

He's buzzing for it after the weekend win (also our local non-league team won as did the Lionesses)!

I have been taking my 2 to games since they turned 2 (now 6 and 8). My girl loved having her "treat bag" and celebrating goals has more interest in the game now than the bag, my boy loves the sport and asks questions constantly about the game, what's this mean, what's that for, what's happening etc, great to get that time with them doing something I love and watching them get more and more into it. Of the 2 my boy is the more sensitive one but the noise and people don't bother him because he just watches the football, he's asking me now about going to other stadiums to watch. We did MK dons away last season and he loved it. Will be taking him to more. 

Best of luck and enjoy as I'm sure he will. 

• Like 1