Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Burton Albion (A) - Match Thread

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

It might have been a bit less exciting in that second 20 however we absolutely took the legs out of them. They're absolutely knackered. Clever stuff.

Bit like Cov having to drop anchor after 20mins on sunday. We look better with no vesty.

• Like 1

Dominance. Breaks down too many times when it's gets up the pitch for my liking but if you keep doing it, it will go right at some points. 

Feels like it was an accidentally brilliant finish from Ndidi but excellent finish nonetheless. 

Love the composure and confidence. Yes it's passing it around the back, and at times it's slow but you can see there is a plan behind it, unlike when we did it under Rodgers. 

Dominant display. Just need to clean up the passing pattens. Some lovely patterns of play, but it gets a bit messy and rushed at times and better teams will exploit that… however, second game after an apparently disastrous pre-season? Not bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, FosseSpark said:

Hes give the ball away about 5 or 6 times this half and looked the most unsure midfielder in terms of one touch passing. But his confidence has grown as the half has progressed. Maybe it is a confidence rebuild in order for us to get back the other qualities he has lost. Positioning, tackling, intercepting.

give over it he's been all over the place and could have an assist to back up his goal.

his passing has been fine as well

25 minutes ago, Claridge said:

In the history of football has any player regressed more then wilf

Best player on the pitch that 1st half. Great attacking threat, great defensive coverage, picking up loose balls and winning 50/50s.

I can't believe I keep having to say this - BRENDAN RODGERS ISN'T HERE ANYMORE. Stop acting like he is. 

• Like 1

We are giving them a football lesson by passing them to exhaustion. They will be totally done after 60mins ish.

Might seem a bit boring at times but it's excellent dominating football. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Aside from our class showing through, I do quite like the look of Jake Caprice for Burton. Considering he's been a lower-league journeyman for most of his career, he's got a right engine on him and pretty strong in the air too. He'll be handy for them this season.

I think he looks like a **** and I hope Choudhury plants a reducer on him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Come on you Super Eagles

Fuch it, let's bring Ahmed Musa back

And while we're at it let's snatch up any of their national team still playing in the Nigerian league too

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Nothing to suggest he won't be under Enzo. Ok Vardy started at the weekend but doesn't mean he's automatically first choice

I agree, still finding his starting 11 I suspect.

1 minute ago, FosseSpark said:

Hes give the ball away about 5 or 6 times this half and looked the most unsure midfielder in terms of one touch passing. But his confidence has grown as the half has progressed. Maybe it is a confidence rebuild in order for us to get back the other qualities he has lost. Positioning, tackling, intercepting.

If he starts scoring a few he will surely have confidence. I don't think Enzo trusts him enough to be a DM, he can get better technically, I'd press him every time if playing against him and he was a DM, ehich ironically is what we want to free up space for others, but the decision making and awareness still needs work.

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Passing the ball around at the pace we do will tire teams out. I suspect a lot of late goals this season.

Well this is more time for that😳