Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Burton Albion (A) - Match Thread

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’m starting to see the difference between this and Rodgersball

Rodgers ball is all static, no real movement off the ball so you aren’t pulling the opposition around, they were able to just easily sit and wait. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Very impressed by how composed that young wimger has been (who’s name I’m not going to attempt to spell) 

first time I’ve seen him and he looks good

Marcal Albrightonvidi

• Haha 3

That first half hour was lovely to watch. Maresca has not only changed the way we play, but the turnaround in confidence for the players is astonishing. 

Just goes to show when you have a manager that is willing to believe in you, it's returned with that confidence and belief of being able to play a specific but successful way. 

Really promising and encouraging that it's effective this early in the season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DionDublinsThirdLeg said:

Best player on the pitch that 1st half. Great attacking threat, great defensive coverage, picking up loose balls and winning 50/50s.

I can't believe I keep having to say this - BRENDAN RODGERS ISN'T HERE ANYMORE. Stop acting like he is. 

lol

We are playing against Burton. Hold your horses.

He’s given the ball away more than most as well.

Took his goal lovely though.

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Albrighton - worrying signs. 

lol

Consummate professional, sublime passing ability, set up the first with a beautiful delivery. A senior player who brings a cool head to the reserve side he’s been made captain of. 

But yeh, fvck that man. 

Maaaaate. 

• Like 1

I think that this is broadly the type of football the previous manager wanted us to play, but he didn't have the talent/ skill / knowledge to implement it. Possession football is fine if you have a clear purpose. 

Anyway, enough about him. All aboard the Enzo bus!

• Like 2