Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Burton Albion (A) - Match Thread

Just now, Daggers said:

lol

Consummate professional, sublime passing ability, set up the first with a beautiful delivery. A senior player who brings a cool head to the reserve side he’s been made captain of. 

But yeh, fvck that man. 

Maaaaate. 

Your disapproval of my opinion probably sees me receive another random undeserved ban. Cheers maaaate. 

seriously though, you think he’s been good ? I mean I’m just holding him to the same standards as his team mates and his professionalism is not in question. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

lol

We are playing against Burton. Hold your horses.

He’s given the ball away more than most as well.

Took his goal lovely though.

Ndidi having a good game, doesn’t matter who against. Playing well hopefully keeps it up. 

• Like 1

We're getting this live on TV here, so here's my half time report based on that, for anyone who can't get to see it.

- much like the cov game in general, totally dominant in possession, but lacking finesse/understanding in the final third - but it's lovely to watch, the team is playing like --- a team!

- ndidi is definitely growing into this role, a lovely pass to open up the defence for the first goal and, as so often a good run into space and , frankly, a beautiful finish for his goal. He certainly has been better than Praet, who has been OK.

- We have lost possession a couple of times (nacho making a couple of risky moves, included - he's still not the finished article) - but our response and recovery has been superb, particularly noteworthy was a super human recovery from winks, who looks like he still has a couple more gears if he needs them.  Also Hamza, at this level, looks good on the ball and has passed it well.

- Keeper is not in the same class as Mads, he's ok, but not so involved and not as accurate.

- Anyone expecting JJ to be pushing for a first team place is going to be disappointed - i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he looks very rusty - but another day he could have conceded a penalty - it wasn't but he was beaten and had to shoulder barge the attacker.

- Faes does seem ok to play the central CB role, which might mean we could try souttar/faes/doyle - if we did wan't to drop vestergaard.

All good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Initially I thought Kel had fooked it by pushing himself to far wide to get a decent shot off. 

It's a classic cutback goal to the half-space. Man City and Arsenal score like 40% of their goals this way. Nacho actually does brilliantly because he attracts 3 players towards him, then makes the right pass at the right time. It's a great goal, but anyone can score a goal like that because it's not about power or even a difficult technique. The trick is being in the right place at the right time, and having the right ball played to you. And this is what I pointed out in the Tactics thread. Ndidi does lack a lot of technical quality, but half of the game if not more is off the ball. Making the right run at the right time and judging the game state. And he is pretty good at that!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Impressed again with the mental approach to the game.  Far removed from the past 18 months.  Impressive after two games.

You have to compare apples with apples the lower league Cup games and the approach to them last season, and the season before was unprofessional and embarrassing. I never had the feeling Sunday we were going to throw it away unlike before. Even if we did get a bit lucky at times, create a positive environment though and that tends to happen.

Edited by Beachyboy

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Your disapproval of my opinion probably sees me receive another random undeserved ban. Cheers maaaate. 

seriously though, you think he’s been good ? I mean I’m just holding him to the same standards as his team mates and his professionalism is not in question. 

I doubt that. Mark loves a negative take on the players these days. 

I think he’s been a solid 6 with a 7 on the cards if he drifts in another sweet pass to the box. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Fair play to Maresca with the limited and shambolic preseason plans he’s got this lot looking relatively fit and sharp. Huge contrast to this time last year. 

I find it striking the clear impact he’s had in such a short space of time. 

I was definitely in the ‘I’m really unsure about this appointment’ camp, but he’s won me over already. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

Fair play to Maresca with the limited and shambolic preseason plans he’s got this lot looking relatively fit and sharp. Huge contrast to this time last year. 

Helps when you haven't got a manager who has a PR machine to look after.

• Like 2