Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Burton Albion (A) - Match Thread

Little to do in terms of saves, but Stolarczyk has looked very composed playing out, and positioning himself fairly high to offer a passing option. Worse opposition and less pressing, but dare I say he looks as calm and composed as Mads did playing this way?  

Edited by FoxesWalk

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

The difference is playing this tippy tappy passing is it actually looks like the players want the ball and are moving. Last season they did neither. 

It’s completely different to Rodgers tactics. Enzo uses it to drag the oppo’s players into a press and create gaps and exploit them by breaking lines.

Rodgers just seemed to want to starve the opposition of the ball and control the game.

Both can be effective I suppose, it just didn’t suit us because we gave early goals away and had no Plan B.

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I find it striking the clear impact he’s had in such a short space of time. 

I was definitely in the ‘I’m really unsure about this appointment’ camp, but he’s won me over already. 

Totally agree. I'm extremely impressed how quickly he seems to have brought a purpose and clarity.

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Little to do in terms of saves, but Stolarczyk has looked very composed playing out, and positioning himself fairly high to offer a passing option. Worse opposition and less pressing, but dare I say he looks as calm and composed as Mads did playing this way?  

There was one kick he absolutely shanked put of play in the total opposite direction it was intended for lol

Just now, hebangsthedrums said:

'Club that just lost its way a bit with the departure of Brendan Rodgers'????!!

I hope thats poorly phrased and not trying to say we should have kept him

More like "lost its way under Brendan, then finally sacked him".

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Before I run out of posts ( I get 8 or 10 a day ) or get banned ( I’ve not been banned in about 6 days so overdue ) I want to put on record that I like Maresca. 

I’m prepared for this to be quoted back at me by a spotty incel in 2029 when we go on a 4 game losing streak. 

Mods!!