Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Burton Albion (A) - Match Thread

He's clearly taking the competition seriously which is nice.

I'd have like to have seen Winks left out, just Re the risk of injury, same probably with Doyle however at least we have some cover for that position should the worse happen.

Interested to see how Praet gets on. Burton maybe isn't the best test but equally, hoping the cameo against Cov isn't an isolated performance.

Souttar left out must either be a niggle, or he's off. The latter is probably best for all parties as his face or attributes clearly don't fit with Enzo's plan's.

Daka left out but that's likely just because he sees Nacho as the preferred option hence why he came on against Cov rather than Daka.

Looking forward to his one, just hope we avoid any knocks.

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Surely they are done for. Plus Luke Thomas and Castagne. Reckon there will be two more to go too. Albrighton probs one, Praet or Wilf or Kels the other. 

Edit; Iversen too..

I reckon that's 20m in in transfer and/or loan fees

Possibly even kristiansen. Saw links today for him

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

Anyway of watching this? (Except in the stadium obviously)

It's on Sky so you could get one of the short memberships to watch on your phone (quite cheap), buy a 24hr pass on Now TV or find a dodgy stream.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Souttar is gone. Surely thomas is off as well 

Souttar & Maresca, is like Vestergaard & Rodgers!

My Guess is Thomas would have been given time off after the Under 21 Championship and join Pre-Season late

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

I prefer Souttar, think he's better aerially and at least moves forward when he runs. I can see why a manager looking to play out from the back would prefer Vestergaard though. Ultimately, neither will be first choice when we have everyone fit anyway, and having either as a back up CB in the championship is a bit of a luxury as they'd both walk into most other starting lineups in the championship 

I hope you’re right

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

It's on Sky so you could get one of the short memberships to watch on your phone (quite cheap), buy a 24hr pass on Now TV or find a dodgy stream.

I’ve got Sky, just assumed it wasn’t on 😆

• Like 1

I haven't posted for years, but I'm loving the new tactical situation and I can't resist!

Assuming we continue with the same system, I can't see Hamza in the back four, so I think it'll be this off the ball:

Stolarczyk

Albrighton, Faes, Doyle, Justin, 

Winks
       Choudhury,   Ndidi, 

Praet,    Madivadua
             Iheanacho

With either Albrighton or Justin stepping up to the second pivot when we have the ball. So, potentially this:

Stolarczyk

Albrighton, Faes, Doyle, 

Winks, Justin,

Choudhury, Ndidi, 

Praet,    Madivadua

Iheanacho

Problem with Justin stepping up is we now have Sharky in a back three! So maybe it'll be:

Stolarczyk

Faes, Doyle, Justin,

Albrighton, Winks, 

Choudhury, Ndidi, 

Praet,    Madivadua
             Iheanacho

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People are already comparing the Soyuncu/Rodgers thing to Souttar/Maresca???

Come on folks, we don’t need to go hunting for conflict quite so early in his tenure

MATCHDAY THREAD MAYHEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamza RB (without the ball and DM with the ball), Doyle CB & Albrighton RW surely 

Can't have Albrighton RB, Praet RW and both Ndidi (why is he playing AM again?) and Hamza/Winks as AM

Then again Ndidi maybe CB - done it in the past, Justin RB, Doyle LB (but then will Hamza or Winks be the AM)

Too many permutations

But Interesting Nelson on the bench ahead of Souttar and we have played 4 full backs already and not yet seen Castagne?

11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Souttar is better than Vestergaard, do you agree?

At some things. Clearly not at what Enzo sees as most important at the moment.

12 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Anyway, Enzo and Souttar have fallen out, so it’s all a little academic. It’s a shame.

There is absolutely no reason to think this is the case. Change of manager, some players simply don't fit with a new style of play. I think it's what's called an occupational hazard.