Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

I'd really like us to draw a Forest, Fulham, Luton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, West Ham or Everton level team to see where we are at. It's win win for me, we either beat em and gain extra confidence or lose, learn some lessons and have less fixtures later on in the season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Some nice football at times but still feel we’re not creating enough chances considering the dominance. I’m warming to the style of play but wonder if it will work with better quality teams that press harder. Early days, and still a work in progress but encouraging start for Marescaball.

I think this is a very fair comment. Xg was only 1.27. Hopefully Mavididi, Rak-Sakyi (hopefully) and Casadei can help provide a bit more of a cutting edge.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

If Winks gets injured this project will fall apart against a better opponent, sort of the same issue we had with Maddison.

I suspect the plan is to get through until braybrooke is fit again - this system is made for him.

Very good performance, dominant, controlling, just alaround very professional. Glad Wanya finally got a start, feels like the lad has been on the bench about 10-15 times over the last 2 years and not once did Rodgers even give him a snifter of any pitch time. Just seemed cruel, surely he was worth a few minutes at least when chasing a game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Thoughts on Praet? 

I thought he was barely noticeable 

He was ok in the first half, without doing anything much. Second half he played like a man who knows he's about to lose his place to a 20 year old italian.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Ricardo looks so fit. In fact they all do. Another welcome change from Maresca. 

Winks looked fitter than he was on Sunday. Probably helped playing a team a division below but they're looking sharper and sharper.

I thought the dodgy preseason would hold us back - and I still think it probably has - but the more games we have the better and fitter we'll get.

I'm really looking forward to see how this side evolves as a passing and pressing unit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Some nice football at times but still feel we’re not creating enough chances considering the dominance. I’m warming to the style of play but wonder if it will work with better quality teams that press harder. Early days, and still a work in progress but encouraging start for Marescaball.

Lacking the players. Need 3-4 more signings, and I think we will create a lot more. Relying on N'didi in an advanced role says it all. 

Just now, Kierzz said:

Is he a No 6 like winks? I thought he was more of a number 8 so another option further forward in the KDH / new Ndidi role....

He is an 8 but has the quality and technical ability to play that role if needed (in a way that the players we have whilst Braybrook is out dont)