Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

If we had really pushed then it could have been 4 or 5 but too be honest we looked comfortable and we were rarely troubled. 

Very professional performance and at times some wonderful passages of play, especially the moves for the 2 goals. 

Credit to Maresca he is a brilliant coach, what he has achieved in 6 weeks is very very promising, oh and not only do we play very attractive, forward thinking football but we are very fit and our out of possession work is exceptional. 

Promising signs and 3 or 4 more additions to the squad and we will be flying. 

• Like 1

We seem to have more intentionality to our passing under Enzo. We also look more organised in possession. But the real tests are yet to come. We need to offer more attacking threat in the final third and a bit more ‘decisiveness’ in our own. Kels brought some creative magic to the game that, perhaps, nobody else in blue could? Hamza deserves a shout for his energy and mobility, (if not his first touch)!! 

12 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Interesting from Albrighton, admitting that the team has lacked characters for the 'last couple of years'.

Nice to hear him confess what we’ve all known was a big problem under R*****s.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

November? 

something like that, i believe, but probably take many moths more to get up to speed, and even then he'll be so inexperienced - but he's got so much potential i think he's worth risking at some point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Praet is such a non entity... No loss if he goes either. 

Have to agree. He changed the game when he came on at the weekend, but I've seen performances like tonight so many times before. He just seems to disappear into the pitch. You'd thought a Belgium international playing 90mins at Burton, would really look a class above, but there were Burton players who seemed to have more impact on the game than him at times. Bizarre. 

• Like 2

Fairly comfortable. 

Good things, we look in control, we didn’t really get out of second gear and we defended corners fairly well. 

Things to improve, I don’t like Wilf in CAM, he scored but he does something that will kill us against better teams… when the ball is fired into the high 8 from defence Wilf is often the one coming back to claim the ball, however, he doesn’t receive it on the back foot like a Maddison he basically tackles and it’s a 50/50 as to if the pass comes off or not…. This is something Coventry very nearly did us on if it wasn’t for poor finishing…. If that’s a Gnotto, Adam’s or Akpom, it’s goodnight Vienna. 

Hopefully this is what Casadei will improve as he is likely going to be able to receive the ball and hold onto it. 

Couple of things stood out for me….

We are definitely in the market for a new striker, it’s clear Daka isn’t staying, likewise with Castagne and Souttar. We need a couple of new wingers I would say, and a new CB too… 

We might need a new CM as well, Tom Cairney maybe as he and Praet can alternate the winks role if he gets injured. 

It’s impressive how quickly Enzo has got the lads onside and playing as he wants, however I feel sometimes like it’s  on a knifes edge…. For example we could beat Cardiff 5-0 or easily lose 5-0…. 

I want to see a bit more composure and to be a bit more clinical in front of goal. These things will come, but I have some reservations about the CDM back, as I’m not entirely convinced using Ricardo as the second midfielder works, we ideally need a CB to step in who is comfortable on the ball, but I don’t think Coady fits that profile. 

Lots to be encouraged about, but still some areas of concern to address. 

• Like 1

Job done if avtad boring at times. We have a plan of how we want to play and it’s early days. Last year we changed system and formation all the time with different personnel. If everyone knows the system then swapping players means performance  can still be good. 

16 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Thoughts on Praet? 

I thought he was barely noticeable 

I thought that with about 20 mins to go, what has he actually done? But he did have an impact Sunday, he's does seem to go under the radar like 7 games out of 10 in my opinion. When you compare him to someone like KDH, even if he's having a shocking game, you’re aware he's on the actual pitch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

This needs to be said : Ndidi just scored a top quality finish. Just let that sink in. Hats off to him and senior man today 

Made the first goal too, with a sweet, intelligent pass.

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

As I said in the match thread, I like the look of Wanya, just think he should back himself a bit more and be a bit more direct.

Happy for him to be back up to Mavididi. Thought he did a lot of good things tonight. Still raw, but he has something

• Like 4