Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It was a training match with a changed side, I’m fvcked if I can work out why some of you are so fvcking miserable - do you have no recollection of the shit we’ve endured for a couple of seasons? Risible. lol

It’s the shock..many fans are still  in recovery and convalescence mode..Take until middle of September,even then some will keep having withdrawal symptoms until EOS… Or there are those that were so regressive they are still recovering from our title win…. I was like that until   @Col city fan kept sending me electric shocks through the post,to get me out of the Rodgers IN

vicious circle… I am now ok,I have just lost my taste,and I can’t remember what year it is.

Enzo is showing everybody how it should be done, Rodgers couldn’t even convince his goldfish to stay at the back of the pond.

Guest Col city fan

The game reminded me of what some of the Premiership sides did to us last season. Simply, won it in the first half, then took a breather.

It was a very competent, professional performance all round.

IF we keep this squad together there is no reason why we shouldn’t do very well this year. I like what I’m seeing.

It was a good game for improving the fitness of the squad and I’m pleased he made 7 changes.

One thing.. is Souttar injured? Because Enzo does not seem to fancy him?

11 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Reckon that is also a dig at Youri?

An Maddison how many times did those two where the armband must be at least 20 games combined. There really isn't a leader in Maddison, Youri, Castagne, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Mendy, Barnes, then you take players that were supposed to be leaders like Evans add that to injuries of Ricardo who maybe could be. You just compare that to Morgan, Huth, Schmeichel, Fuchs, Albrighton and Vardy and its painfully obvious where are troubles started, Albrighton knows.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, boosmanana said:

To think some people a matter of a week and a half ago were claiming we were unfit and were going to get outrun by Coventry. We came back to win with 2 late goals against them and then looked the much fitter side today too 

Could it be,we were fit,but squad lost total interest…“and why Rodgers dear, I just couldn’t give a damn“ syndrome

In these last few weeks even players who „might“ move are caring & have brought into the new tactics and excitement &

new shot of adrenaline going through the players,and having fun at Seagrave & now on the competitive playing field.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Gee I thought when we got rid of Rodgers we would play a different type of football coming out from the back , a better team than burton would have punished us playing those stupid passes from goal kicks , we put ourselves under pressure when ur 2 up , for god sake u just need to put the ball up into there half and let them make a mistake 

HOOOOOOOOOOOOF

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

This needs to be said : Ndidi just scored a top quality finish. Just let that sink in. Hats off to him and senior man today 

And played couple of great through balls to progress the play as well! I am still in shock. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

An Maddison how many times did those two where the armband must be at least 20 games combined. There really isn't a leader in Maddison, Youri, Castagne, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Mendy, Barnes, then you take players that were supposed to be leaders like Evans add that to injuries of Ricardo who maybe could be. You just compare that to Morgan, Huth, Schmeichel, Fuchs, Albrighton and Vardy and its painfully obvious where are troubles started, Albrighton knows.

Surprised it took anyone that long to mention Maddison. Technically gifted but all the backbone of a Ritz biscuit and went missing easier than Lord Lucan when crunch time came. A perfect fit for Spurs! 👀 He only even ended up near the captaincy because there was a complete vacuum of leadership fostered over the course of Rodgers' tenure, and I guess he was eloquent in front of the cameras. That does not qualify him to lead a football team.

Albrighton isn't even what I'd call a natural leader, more a quiet, consumate pro in the same mould as Andy King. But he's been there, done that and seen enough to know that the past few years have undone all the team building efforts of the preceding decade. Even if it wasn't a successful spell, I'm sure he was on one hand glad to be away from it while at West Brom, but on the other looking on with horror while powerless to stop it.

To quote a wise northern man, we've been all fart, no shit since we lost our last true leader with Big Wes' retirement.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Nacho is such an odd one - his goal was inspired but other times he just seems completely incapable of knowing what to do with the ball.

When he was put through at the end, against a poor defence caught out of position, his xG must have been sky high and yet he seemed to want to walk it into the goal and barely even managed a shot in the end - so frustrating.  And i think that's why he has and always will struggle to be a first choice striker.

As much as we all criticized Vardy against cov, he really didn't get many chances, nacho had a ton of chances tonight but never really looked like bagging a second.

He was fine tonight and he should be our first-choice striker. Lets the play the striker who gets and creates chances.

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He was fine tonight and he should be our first-choice striker. Lets the play the striker who gets and creates chances.

Yes, he was "fine" against a mediocre burton team, but i don't see that that should instantly warrant a starting place in the league.

5 shots but only two on target isn't a 'great' return - in a game like that he should be doing a lot more - there were several chances where he was released and he made bad decisions, he also made a couple of mistakes that led to counter attacks.  And we all know he has a track record of having a decent patch, getting everyone excited and then playing rubbish.  I'm just not convinced.

In fact, I'll be honest, i'm not sure i feel any of our strikers are quite right for this system. So i'm not saying he wouldn't be a better or, in fact, worse option than vardy or daka, but i haven't seen a performance from any of them that makes me think  'yes - that's my man!'  - i mean, last season, between the three of them they scored fewer goals than Barnes, this season, how many have they scored in preseason or in these first two games - i think vardy has one, can't remember if they got any against OHL....

It's actually my main worry right now.

:dunno:

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Gee I thought when we got rid of Rodgers we would play a different type of football coming out from the back , a better team than burton would have punished us playing those stupid passes from goal kicks , we put ourselves under pressure when ur 2 up , for god sake u just need to put the ball up into there half and let them make a mistake 

Cant work out if you're a younger person taking the piss or an old person who only wants to see Dyche/Pulis/Allardyce style football.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Casadei going to waltz to double figures in this team.

It's pretty clear why Maresca is trying so hard to get him. Technical quality of Praet + physical stature of Ndidi + proven record at scoring as a midfielder = hard not to see him tear it up here.

Who are the other top youngsters in the Championship considered to be? I suppose Gnotto of Leeds is the highest profile one I can think of, and is someone I rate as a player. I ask because I genuinely think he could have a shot at young player of the season playing here. That said Callum Doyle is impressing the hell out of me so far too!

• Like 3