Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

26 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Yes, he was "fine" against a mediocre burton team, but i don't see that that should instantly warrant a starting place in the league.

5 shots but only two on target isn't a 'great' return - in a game like that he should be doing a lot more - there were several chances where he was released and he made bad decisions, he also made a couple of mistakes that led to counter attacks.  And we all know he has a track record of having a decent patch, getting everyone excited and then playing rubbish.  I'm just not convinced.

In fact, I'll be honest, i'm not sure i feel any of our strikers are quite right for this system. So i'm not saying he wouldn't be a better or, in fact, worse option than vardy or daka, but i haven't seen a performance from any of them that makes me think  'yes - that's my man!'  - i mean, last season, between the three of them they scored fewer goals than Barnes, this season, how many have they scored in preseason or in these first two games - i think vardy has one, can't remember if they got any against OHL....

It's actually my main worry right now.

:dunno:

We’re in good hands. He’s magic, you know…

IMG_6214.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KansasFox said:

I think Rodgers didn't want people with the personality and character to challenge him.  A real sign of weakness in leadership. In contrast, it stood out to me in the Balague interview, that Balague brought up Enzo's whatsapp profile pic, which is a quote from Johan Cruyff about surrounding yourselves with people who will challenge you.

david-brent-the-office.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Casadei going to waltz to double figures in this team.

Quietly saving all the naysayers posts about "he did nothing for Reading, they were relegated, bla bla bla" and "not sure why we are still chasing him, he's not even any good", "the club should move on to other targets" etc etc so I can use them when he's an absolute Rolls Royce for us.

He's a level, infact, many levels above anything we have technically at the moment (which being Hamza and Wilf admittedly isn't hard) with their physical attributes added to the footballing ability.

Just wait and see when he gets here, he will have the KP dancing to his merry tune and I cannot f*****g wait. The lads mustard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dandy king said:

This needs to be said : Ndidi just scored a top quality finish. Just let that sink in. Hats off to him and senior man today 

Im seriously wondering if this could be a real positive change... many many people talk about strikers "getting into positions to score" and "Itll come come"

The positions that Wilf has been getting into have been exceptional...maybe we are seeing the birth :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Cant work out if you're a younger person taking the piss or an old person who only wants to see Dyche/Pulis/Allardyce style football.

No I am older , but gee don’t u remember what happened last year when we played that shit , how many points did we drop , that was the difference between where we are now to where we could be . It’s all good to play that way if ur Manchester city but our players don’t have there quality 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

No I am older , but gee don’t u remember what happened last year when we played that shit , how many points did we drop , that was the difference between where we are now to where we could be . It’s all good to play that way if ur Manchester city but our players don’t have there quality 

Difference is we actually have a manager and coach with a proper footballing philosophy and not some jumped up prat with a book of quotes 

• Like 2

The change in Ndidi has been unreal, he showed glimpses on Sunday of being effective as a high 8, but last night I thought overall he was superb, some of his passing and he was actually looking to be progressive in everything he did, Don’t get me wrong I am not saying he is KDB or Bernardo but he can be really effective in that role and I see no reason why he couldn’t get to double figures. It’s also interesting to note he played more as the left side number 8, so well and truly out of his comfort zone and yet he looked at his most confident I have seen in the last couple of years.

Also there was a noticeable drop off when Winks went off, if he stays around and we don’t sign someone who can slot into that role, I think Praet could be the most like for like profile of player who could provide cover, he is neat and tidy in possession and is also disciplined, I think at Championship level he could more than be an adequate cover for Winks. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I can only assume the aneurysm you're having from not seeing the ball immediately punted up field is affecting your vision, because the sort of possession football Maresca has us playing is wildly different to the sterile possession Rodgers insisted on. Rodgers saw possession as the be all and end all (death by football), Marescas is possession with purpose, and with an attacking midfielder who isn't Wilf and another winger, will open teams up.

• Like 1

Comfortable game but that was because we made it so. Another chance for us to get used to the system which they’ve done incredibly well to have such an understanding already which is down to everyone buying into Enzo and his methods. I think last night we were a bit more organised defensively, when we lost the ball we seemed to close off the spaces quicker and chased the ball down to win it back much quicker. 

Ido also think we we just loooked to play the game out in the second half, work for fitness and avoid injuries.

Guest lcfc80

Decent win, great day out, some impressive play, although the view wasn't the best to appreciate it.

minuses - people have forgot how to stand at a football match. some songs in the last 10/15 minutes were beyond cringeworthy. M1 was shut and the response by the stewards when "something" happened in the home end was ridiculous. Someone could have been dying and they were just walking, willy pullers

37 minutes ago, lcfc80 said:

Decent win, great day out, some impressive play, although the view wasn't the best to appreciate it.

minuses - people have forgot how to stand at a football match. some songs in the last 10/15 minutes were beyond cringeworthy. M1 was shut and the response by the stewards when "something" happened in the home end was ridiculous. Someone could have been dying and they were just walking, willy pullers

I was in the home end and that was genuinely one of the most incompetent things I've ever seen. Bloke went a bit dizzy and fell over. Stewards weren't interested. Head steward came over and started waving to his mate in the crowd not realising something was up. Then said there were only 2 paramedics on site and they were both busy with someone else. Thankfully the bloke came around, got up and walked away but he'd have been dead if he'd had a heart attack or something.

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Casadei going to waltz to double figures in this team.

Interesting

https://football-italia.net/genoa-lose-chelsea-talent-casadei-to-leicester-city/

They are in the Championship, the English version of Serie B, but the presence of new coach Enzo Maresca was considered a decisive factor in convincing Casadei.

10 hours ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Quietly saving all the naysayers posts about "he did nothing for Reading, they were relegated, bla bla bla" and "not sure why we are still chasing him, he's not even any good", "the club should move on to other targets" etc etc so I can use them when he's an absolute Rolls Royce for us.

He's a level, infact, many levels above anything we have technically at the moment (which being Hamza and Wilf admittedly isn't hard) with their physical attributes added to the footballing ability.

Just wait and see when he gets here, he will have the KP dancing to his merry tune and I cannot f*****g wait. The lads mustard. 

The relegation argument is always floored. 

Robertson and Maguire must be shit then... 

Maddison and Barnes too.. many more. Small minded behaviour from those who use the argument.

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Sky have full coverage of game, and their highlights is basically 2 goals and 2 attempted goals, they can do better then that, highlights are so lazy these days.

How did we play?

What you saw in the highlights was basically all the goalmouth action there was. What do you want Sky to do? Invent action that never happened with CGI?

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

What you saw in the highlights was basically all the goalmouth action there was. What do you want Sky to do? Invent action that never happened with CGI?

Bit two footed, the bloke was asking how we played lol

• Like 1