Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Huddersfield A Saturday 3pm

22 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

From the Huddersfield forum:

If Iheanacho starts 3-1 Leicester, if Vardy starts we have a better chance. So lets hope for the latter.

Even fans of other clubs are catching on, I hope Maresca does soon enough. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Would you rather start with Vardy or Kel in this system?

Not sure 

vardy still scares defenders and they drop deep which provides lots of space between the lines for us to get into. So becomes a more sacrificial role. 

kel has never been a lone striker at prem level but he does have a great scoring record against lower league opponents (but skewed because he played more than vards in cup games ) 

We have lots of games to play so they should share the load 

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We may need Wilf against a Warnock team, I expect them to try and make the game nasty and physical. 

I'm not sure I see it like that really. 

If anything, a Warnock side is likely to surrender even more possession and we're going to need to actually be able to play. 

I dont think Praet is a wallflower either tbf. I'll be surprised and frankly a little disappointed if Wilf starts after how it went on Sunday. 

Early days. Expecting Enzo to keep rotating the squad, as PEP does, and to some extent picking a team for a system to beat each team on it's strengths and weaknesses. Deep squad, with any 11 capable, is I think where Enzo is heading, with development players also given a chance where appropriate. Just seems more strategic and thoughful than BR, building for sustainable future.

Team guessing by Foxestalk will have to up it's game!

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure I see it like that really. 

If anything, a Warnock side is likely to surrender even more possession and we're going to need to actually be able to play. 

I dont think Praet is a wallflower either tbf. I'll be surprised and frankly a little disappointed if Wilf starts after how it went on Sunday. 

You could be right, Praet's introduction on Sunday changed the game for me. 

I think I'm still burnt after watching us get bullied under BR. 

The two 8's are so vital to our new way of playing. 

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nacho will start I think, it's no coincidence once he came on against Cov things start to happen. Last night he ran the show against Burton. It would be stupid not to start, play him alongside Vardy if must.  

Could easily play him or vardy where kasey played until we sign a right winger.

41 minutes ago, filbertway said:
1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

From the Huddersfield forum:

If Iheanacho starts 3-1 Leicester, if Vardy starts we have a better chance. So lets hope for the latter.

Even fans of other clubs are catching on, I hope Maresca does soon enough. 

I've already seen enough Maresca to suggest he's so good that I'd back his judgement over that of a random Huddersfield fan on the internet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

I've already seen enough Maresca to suggest he's so good that I'd back his judgement over that of a random Huddersfield fan on the internet.

Good for you :D 

Literally every manager will make mistakes and errors in judgements, the best ones learn from them and improve. The terrible ones (and their followers) make every excuse under the sun for their errors.

53 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Early days. Expecting Enzo to keep rotating the squad, as PEP does, and to some extent picking a team for a system to beat each team on it's strengths and weaknesses. Deep squad, with any 11 capable, is I think where Enzo is heading, with development players also given a chance where appropriate. Just seems more strategic and thoughful than BR, building for sustainable future.

Team guessing by Foxestalk will have to up it's game!

I'd agree with this and I think Enzo's end game is exactly what you described. However.....Pep has had a squad of 20 players all of which can play in the XI and wouldn't weaken the team. Grealish on the bench and Mahrez starting, Bernardo on the bench and KDB starting etc etc. Our situation is different, our bench is weak and when we chop and change it weakens us, think Winks, GK, Ricardo etc. Few more signings it could be a bit different, I dont think the weak bench will catch us out too much in this division, but it will in the PL.