Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Huddersfield A Saturday 3pm

Huddersfield are a really poor Championship side. Can see Warnock ditching them in a few months.

That said, can see him relishing providing an upset here and they will make if difficult. 

Will be the same team as Cov (If everyone fit), and I think we win, but can see Cardiff at home being when Justin and Kelechi come in for Vestegaard and Vardy

13 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I guess it’ll be

Stolarczyk 

Ricardo   W  Faes      Vestergaard    Doyle

Casadei Winks KDH

Praet            Vardy       Mavididi

Iversen

Justin Nelson 

Ndidi Choudhury

Albrighton McAteer

Iheanacho Daka

Nacho has to start Surley??

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I'd agree with this and I think Enzo's end game is exactly what you described. However.....Pep has had a squad of 20 players all of which can play in the XI and wouldn't weaken the team. Grealish on the bench and Mahrez starting, Bernardo on the bench and KDB starting etc etc. Our situation is different, our bench is weak and when we chop and change it weakens us, think Winks, GK, Ricardo etc. Few more signings it could be a bit different, I dont think the weak bench will catch us out too much in this division, but it will in the PL. 

We have the strongest bench in the whole championship by a mile!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

No. Albrighton said post match Coady would be out for a few games. Not sure when Kevin joined the medical department but,  it's an update, at least.

He was in a massive foot brace on the bench. At least he’s not hiding at Hotel Seagrave and is building up camaraderie with his teammates.

1 hour ago, HitchinFox said:

That's genuinely made me laugh. "Stor läsk" (stor lask with lack of scandi keyboard) means, in Swedish, "A big bottle of lemonade" (or soft drink).  

Just had this image of us placing a huge, fvck off bottle of Schweppes in goal. 

Better than ward to be fair

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lcfcdamo said:

We have the strongest bench in the whole championship by a mile!!

Which is why if you read my last sentence I said it won't catch us out in the Championship. My point being even though our bench is strong, who is on the bench isn't of the same level as the XI, which is what Pep is able to do. 

On 09/08/2023 at 23:17, FoxinNotts said:

I guess it’ll be

Stolarczyk 

Ricardo   W  Faes      Vestergaard    Doyle

Casadei Winks KDH

Praet            Vardy       Mavididi

Iversen

Justin Nelson 

Ndidi Choudhury

Albrighton McAteer

Iheanacho Daka

I would hope from Burton, that Doyle moves to cb for vestergaard and Justin could do left back. And also nacho for vardy, hoping that coady is long term captain and vardy was just for that match filling in. Otherwise it could be a long season.

Also wouldn't necessarily mind ndidi starting instead of casadei at least for a half, see if he's hit a purple patch.

Thoughts on my views? Realistic? Fundamentally disagree?

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Because it's Warnock, I think we might start Ndidi because he will help us win the physical battle. Casadei is also 6 foot, but for this opposition specifically, it might be better to have someone that is fully up to speed and a bit more experienced and bring him on later. If we get a few goals up then you bring him on, or bring him on after 60 if it's 0-0 when they are tired. If we were playing Coventry, despite them being the better team, it might have been a better game for Casadei.

I have no doubt Casadei will be first choice in no time at all, but I don't think there's a rush to start him. Now if we bring in a winger, that is a different story and I think they will start if one is brought in.

I agree in line with my post just now,

Thanks for giving it potential credibility with actual reasons why it might be right.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

I agree in line with my post just now,

Thanks for giving it potential credibility with actual reasons why it might be right.

I could be completely wrong for all I know! I haven't seen much of Huddersfield play this season. They had 47% possession against Plymouth, but only 23% against Boro in the cup. If they are just going to sit back, then putting our creative players on from the get go would also make sense. I just think that the first thing Maresca wants to do is control the game in the first 5-10 minutes to give us the platform to play. Ndidi gobbles up all those aerial punts upfield to keep us in control, and his combative qualities help win the ground duels too.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Which is why if you read my last sentence I said it won't catch us out in the Championship. My point being even though our bench is strong, who is on the bench isn't of the same level as the XI, which is what Pep is able to do. 

But you said are bench is weak? For the prem maybe id argue and say justin nacho dennis Castagne could all easy come in from the first game and be just has strong

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I could be completely wrong for all I know! I haven't seen much of Huddersfield play this season. They had 47% possession against Plymouth, but only 23% against Boro in the cup. If they are just going to sit back, then putting our creative players on from the get go would also make sense. I just think that the first thing Maresca wants to do is control the game in the first 5-10 minutes to give us the platform to play. Ndidi gobbles up all those aerial punts upfield to keep us in control, and his combative qualities help win the ground duels too.

They had a man sent off early against ‘Boro. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lcfcdamo said:

But you said are bench is weak? For the prem maybe id argue and say justin nacho dennis Castagne could all easy come in from the first game and be just has strong

Weak in comparison to our first XI when comparing it to the situation Pep has with Man City - why is this so difficult to grasp? I'm make it simple, Man City can swap players like for like - their bench isnt weak compared to the first XI, our situation is different. 

Hopefully you can understand that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

We all on the pitch again? 

That was a decade ago now.

I was thinking of places to park, thinking back to a decade ago, and then it hit me they've been in the PL since then so my last visit was only four years ago. Completely forgot.