Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Huddersfield A Saturday 3pm

Strange if Coady is going to be captain to not make him so for the Northampton game. I still would have announced it even if he is injured. I don't think saying we lacked leaders then passing the armband round between players who were here when we were apparently lacking them leaders is really a display of leadership. 

• Like 1

Stolarczyk

Justin Faes Doyle

Winks Ricardo

McAteer Praet KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho

I'd be a bit worried about the lack of height. Wouldn't hate it if Vestergaard played but I think Justin just has to get game time. He's too good not to play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Huddersfield

Hermansen?

“Mads is good, just not for the weekend. He will be ready for the next game.”

How long is Coady out for?

“Ten weeks since his injury.”

Kristiansen?

“He’s fit for the next game.”

Casadei?

“He’s Chelsea’s player. I would like an attacking midfielder, yes.”

How many players you want?

“It depends how many players leave the club, but I would say we need three or four more players.”

Souttar?

“I don’t know about offers. The only thing I can say is the window is open.”

Huddersfield?

“Tough game. They are very aggressive. We are going to try our way of playing. But they play man to man. It will be difficult to play our game, but we will try to find a solution.”

Where do you want to improve?

“To control a little bit better counter attacks. But also that’s normal. You could see how good Coventry were.”

What do you miss without Coady?

“As Marc Albrighton said, one of the problems was a lack of leadership. That’s why we decided for Conor. He’s a huge leader. We lose a lot.”

Would Coady be captain if he was fit?

“Probably yes but he’s not in the first 11. That’s why I mention 4 or 5 of them. Jamie was on the pitch, Marc was on the pitch. For sure we lost a lot without Conor. The first friendly game the only voice you could hear was his voice."

Warnock?

“Big respect for a manager who has been many years in football, getting promoted many times. I know a lot about him.”

Maresca was asked how big it would be to start with 3 wins in a row

"It will be important for us to win one more, but it’s also important for them. We’ve played two games, won both. The team was good in both, better in some moments. But it’s part of the journey."

New contract for Iheanacho?

“This one of the things is on the table. It’s one of the things we need to discuss between the player. Most of the time we think about the club but we need to see the desire of the player. We have to decide between the player, club, and manager. It‘s one of thew things we need to do soon to clarify the stiatuio. Kele played against Coventry very good. He played the other day, goal, assist, it’s one of the things I said from day one that to realise something important, you need players who are out on the bench but when they go ironside, they are a boost for the team.”

Coady injury means you need a new centre-back?

“Probably, yes.”

So it’s say 10 weeks since injury for Coady and I’d say he’s been out 3 so only another 7 weeks … 

20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Stolarczyk

Justin Faes Doyle

Winks Ricardo

Iheanacho

I'd be a bit worried about the lack of height. Wouldn't hate it if Vestergaard played but I think Justin just has to get game time. He's too good not to play.

I get the concern about the lack of height in that team, but I would hope that backline would be less susceptible to counter-attacks. If we defend counterattacks better then hopefully shouldn't' concede as many set=piece chances either. It seemed like most of Coventry's corners on Sunday came as a result of counterattacks. 

29 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Stolarczyk

Justin Faes Doyle

Winks Ricardo

Iheanacho

This is the team I would pick. 

But I think Vardy and Vesty will start for JJ and Iheanacho personally. 

Think Praet will be the only unforced change from Cov. 

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Indeed.  My free trial week is going well.  No doubt once I actually pay for it we won't be on tv for a month.

Yes I was disappointed to learn that only some matches are broadcast on Bein Sport :(

Part of the pain of relegation, we no longer have the luxury of Optus Sport down here where every match was televised :angry:

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Imagine Warnock was apparently nearly Leicester manager in 2007.

He is brilliant at what he does.   We have had worse managers since 2007.  Pearson and Ranieri were better.   Not sure any others were definitely better.

Warnock has weaknesses but he has baled out a lot of clubs and won a lot of promotions.

Hopefully,  time will show that Maresca is fantastic. But as far as Saturday is concerned, there will be a proven manager on the home bench and a rookie on the away bench.

7 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

According to https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4687734/huddersfield-town-vs-leicester-city/ this particular game should be on DAZN in Canada, can you not access that?

Yes I can access DAZN through my IPTV ..Thanks. 

I am looking fora better IPTV provider though. Mine has been hit and miss lately

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Warnock saying in his press conference that we’d of stopped up if Rodgers had stayed. 😂

One of the reasons I am so glad he has gone yet also annoyed he didn't take us down before being binned.