Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Huddersfield A Saturday 3pm

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

The Head of Steam at the railway station is an excellent pub.

And when you’ve had your fill, you can stroll across the square for a look at Harold Wilson, so not all bad.

Is there a recording playing of his "This won't affect the Pound in your Pocket" speech?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Is there a recording playing of his "This won't affect the Pound in your Pocket" speech?

I’ve often - well, once or twice - wondered if the Velvet Underground were influenced by Harold’s ‘white heat of technology’ speech - which will be 60 years old next month?

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Strange if Coady is going to be captain to not make him so for the Northampton game. I still would have announced it even if he is injured. I don't think saying we lacked leaders then passing the armband round between players who were here when we were apparently lacking them leaders is really a display of leadership. 

It isn't going to be passed around Ricardo, Vardy and Albrighton have been named as potential captains as none of these were included much in the last 6 months, that isn't a contradiction.

What i think we can be certain of is that whatever happened in the cov and burton games will have little or no direct bearing on this weekend's game - it will not be like either of them.

Cov sat deep and countered well, burton played a high line and took few chances pushing forward - huddersfield are likely to sit deep and take few chances going forward.

I'm torn over the striker job - Nacho is better in tight situations, but i can see him getting bullied off the ball; vardy i can see winning us a load of free kicks and probably a peno.

Defensively, i'm not sure we'll be tested any more on the counter than burton, but maybe as much on set pieces as cov. Oddly , i can see us going for souttar/vestergaard/doyle - faes has penalty written all over him, and justin looked rusty and reckless against a soft burton attack.

I called the squad for the coventry game, but i'm not even going to guess this one! other than to contradict everything i've just written and say - unchanged squad + stolarczyk.

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

What i think we can be certain of is that whatever happened in the cov and burton games will have little or no direct bearing on this weekend's game - it will not be like either of them.

Cov sat deep and countered well, burton played a high line and took few chances pushing forward - huddersfield are likely to sit deep and take few chances going forward.

I'm torn over the striker job - Nacho is better in tight situations, but i can see him getting bullied off the ball; vardy i can see winning us a load of free kicks and probably a peno.

Defensively, i'm not sure we'll be tested any more on the counter than burton, but maybe as much on set pieces as cov. Oddly , i can see us going for souttar/vestergaard/doyle - faes has penalty written all over him, and justin looked rusty and reckless against a soft burton attack.

I called the squad for the coventry game, but i'm not even going to guess this one! other than to contradict everything i've just written and say - unchanged squad + stolarczyk

We'll shit 'em

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Yes I can access DAZN through my IPTV ..Thanks. 

I am looking fora better IPTV provider though. Mine has been hit and miss lately

I'll be testing my new one for the reason I bought it in the first place. Wish me luck and hit me up after the match and I'll let you know.

I'm hopeful as I asked about it in advance and was told yes, found the channel group where it looks like it should be, and the movies and series are definitely up to scratch.

Edited by gw_leics772

20 minutes ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Feel like RW is the only real big question, do we go McAteer, Wanya or Albrighton

...we just cannot seem to get this right!!!

Just how many bites at the cherry do we get in order to bring in a competent player to take up this position? Osorio was mentioned some time ago as a possible option, but for 8m euros, he is off to another club. Rak-Sakyi, we seemed to have failed to get the deal done and circumstances have now overtaken us.

Regarding streams for this and other championship games, I haven’t really followed the championship since being in the prem other than the play-offs and I can only make it down to a few games each season. Is it fairly easy to find streams for 3pm games like this or slightly more difficult? Also, are there any good services that you can pay for with the aid of a VPN?

5 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Regarding streams for this and other championship games, I haven’t really followed the championship since being in the prem other than the play-offs and I can only make it down to a few games each season. Is it fairly easy to find streams for 3pm games like this or slightly more difficult? Also, are there any good services that you can pay for with the aid of a VPN?

Today's game is on quite a few channels. Most other championship teams are on iFollow too, which most IPTV providers will have links for 

• Like 1

On 10/08/2023 at 01:43, South Shire Fox said:

Same back 3 as tonight please. **** Lurch off to the stands

Enzo has done the right thing with Vesty, he’s almost certainly spoke to him, given him an opportunity to showcase himself, and will use him as and when he feels he can offer a positive contribution to the team.

Personally can’t see that being too often, but we will see.

• Like 1