Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Huddersfield Town (A) - Match Thread

Nacho doing what he normally does when he starts. Brain dead to take the shot there when the winger is running in unmarked. Hopefully Enzo tears him a new one at half time and he comes out better. 

Hudders defended well. One of these chances taken would have knocked the stuffing out of them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

They expended huge amounts of energy in the first 30 mins. Can see late goals for us here. Patience needed.

That said, Praet looks knackered already and has been poor, needs to come off. Ndidi on. 

Wanya looking technically good, but poor decision making. 

Wanya struggling I think.

Just now, browniefox said:

Looks to me like we are planning on a strong finish against a tired Huddersfield. We are making them run themselves into the ground. Their closing down has been great so far but there is no way they continue to do that for the full 100 minutes. 

That's exactly it. They've put in amazing effort and I think a lot of teams will watch this and might replicate it. But they are already tiring and it's only going to get worse for them.

That said you can see the quality gaps in our team. Maresca wants an Attacking Midfielder and more wingers. And in this half you can see exactly why!

• Like 4

Welcome back to the Championship, truly. Typical Warnock game; they're grafting, leaving bits on us in the 50/50's and playing the ref(their fans know this too) - we've to keep our discipline as we've already picked up a soft yellow card on KDH.

Thing is we've had clear chances, if we score the game completely changes and we'd find far more space to attack in.

Frustrating, need the lads to be savvy here and take their chances.

• Like 3

Just now, DezFox said:

Annoyingly I think Wanya has been ok. He has taken on a man and started an attack a few times. 

And then killed the attack by turning back or lacking confidence. 

He's got into space which is of course good, but then I'd like to see him driving into the box more 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah it's just decision making isn't it? 

Seems to be a few players culpable. Wanya one other but I'll give him a bit of leeway because of his age/inexperience.

Just expect to be more clinical with our experience and quality on the pitch. Like that Praet chance. 

Wanya getting into some good spaces and before half time beat his man twice but then seems to lose the confidence to play the simple pass or ball across the box.

He looks really talented but needs to be more decisive. Hopefully it'll come with experience. 

Interesting to see if we can cope with a bit of a conundrum here. 

I was worried at KO about omitting Wilf. We need some positions ready for a battle. 

The young lad is a waste of selection, as was Macateer last week. Take him off, get Wilf on. Not oversold on Mavdidi either ATM

We may need Hamza and Marc to come on and get some serious running in. 

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

This, the space has been there for runs in behind. We either don’t make the run or when the run is made me ignore the pass to retain the ball.

We got in behind several times. Just wasted every opportunity 

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Enzo must see something in Vester, christ knows what.

Crazy. What a poor defensive showing so far. Vesty is just too slow and positionally poor. Faes is a ticking time bomb. They are not Soyuncu or Evans. They are not Souttar either.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Wanya struggling I think.

I like him. He’s technically better than McAteer. He made a pretty obvious mistake in that 4v1 break but he doesn’t shrink or shy away from it after his mistakes. Involved in pretty much everything good we did. 

Still need more wide players, but he’s okay as backup IMO, and offers more than McAteer. 

• Like 2