Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Huddersfield Town (A) - Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What I find weird is he's doing the same thing McAteer was. 

Surely with Mavididi, Iheanacho and Dewsbury Hall all loading up the left side of the pitch and all attacking the box, a right footed right winger should be running vertically, attacking the byline and looking to get cut backs and crosses in. 

Both McAteer and Wanya can dribble, just hold the width, stay on the outside, beat your man and then smash it in to the middle. 

Yet both keep doing the same thing, cutting inside on to their weaker foot and running in to traffic when the whole system is set up to give them space out wide.

I dont get it. 

Wouldnt surprise me if Praet moves to the right like he did against Cov, and someone else occupies his position in the middle (Ndidi!?). 

Either way, he needs to carry that width or do something productive. Don't mind cutting in if there's no options in the box, but mix it up a bit. Becomes a bit predictable otherwise. 

Just now, Bilo said:

We need to get used to the fact that teams who are less talented than us will be primarily concerned with stopping us from playing our game. If Huddersfield tried to match our style, we'd be 3-0 up and out of sight because they don't have the players for it. 

Keep them chasing, keep disciplined, wear them down and the goals will come. Just concentrate at the back so they don't shithouse a goal and sit back.

Agree, but moving forward we need to be more clinical. It’s where I would expect more from Praets and Nachos experience. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What I find weird is he's doing the same thing McAteer was. 

Surely with Mavididi, Iheanacho and Dewsbury Hall all loading up the left side of the pitch and all attacking the box, a right footed right winger should be running vertically, attacking the byline and looking to get cut backs and crosses in. 

Both McAteer and Wanya can dribble, just hold the width, stay on the outside, beat your man and then smash it in to the middle. 

Yet both keep doing the same thing, cutting inside on to their weaker foot and running in to traffic when the whole system is set up to give them space out wide.

I dont get it. 

For me they are sub consciously running into high traffic areas knowing they’ll have a team mate available. I would imagine it’s fear of making a mistake and losing a place within the team/squad.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Agree, but moving forward we need to be more clinical. It’s where I would expect more from Praets and Nachos experience. 

They were wasteful, which is disappointing given their quality, but more chances will come and should be buried. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Popped in to see the views. Swear you guys are watching a different game.Don’t let your impatience cloud the reality. We’re one pass and finish from taking this game by the scruff of the neck………

Also one stupid back pass from attack to defence away from conceding.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Leicester fans back to just waiting and expecting us to score. 

Was hoping the championship might inject something into our fans. 

Isn't that kind of the point of football? To score a goal? Not pass it between the defence and midfield. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

We really shouldn’t be freezing our players who ‘might’ leave in the next week, while they are here, we need to put the best players in the match day squad

Depends if they are willing to put the effort in when they know they are very likely gone soon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’ve been thinking this throughout the first half, is part of the plan to come alive second half when they have tired legs?

I don't think part of the plan per se, but it's just a consequence of playing the way they do. Feels like an FA Cup draw, a plucky lower league team putting on one hell of a fight against a team from a higher division, except we are in the same division!

But just as how cup shocks can happen, so they can happen in this league too. We have to be professional and take our chances. It hasn't surprised me that as the weather cleared up, we started playing better! Gotta shake the Premier League prima-donna feeling from our team.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Am I the only one who didn't think that was too bad? Should have probably had a couple and didn't get out of second gear. We'll step things up second half.

I'm with you. I understand the general frustration but we don't look bad at all. We're very much in the game and had a couple good chances. Nacho was unlucky with the one when the ball hit the defender's leg. Udders had their open goal chance and wasted it. We need to start the second half on the front foot, a couple of hopefully good subs, and just hope we'll get the upper hand.

• Like 2