Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Cardiff City (H) 19.08.23 | 15:00 K.O | Pre Match Thread

11 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

LEICESTER 5-0 CARDIFF

10 hours ago, JimJams said:

Half time score?

The Welsh are better educated so have a different counting system,

that blows down the hillsides…1-2..    Backed from great baritones mind..

But I am English as they come…Lost & wedged in, those rolling hills of Germany Welsh-hunting from the dark mysterious Schwarzwald…..3-1

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

We've played the first two matches with 10.5 men. The two kids from the youth team have been out of their depth in both games. The oppo knew it. Cov were actively encouraging us to pass to Macateer. 

Had any senior player played that role instead, even out of position Praet, Albrighton, JJ, we'd have won both far more comfortable 

I have to agree, I've not been impressed at all by our youth team stars, is this why "he who must not be named" (not Voldemort, the N.Irish one) - refused to play them?

Or is his refusal to play them the reason they look out of their depth now?

Maybe it's simply that we expect too much too soon.

6 minutes ago, J. James said:

I have to agree, I've not been impressed at all by our youth team stars, is this why "he who must not be named" (not Voldemort, the N.Irish one) - refused to play them?

Or is his refusal to play them the reason they look out of their depth now?

Maybe it's simply that we expect too much too soon.

I'd agree they looked out of their depth but it often takes time to adapt to a new level, so it's too early to write them off.  In particular, the physicality comes as a shock, I think, to young and inexperienced players.

It's not easy to tell whether, after a few games, the youngster is going up up his level to the league.  I think it's one of the things that tells you how good a manager is ... those that can spot a youngster who has a good likelihood of stepping up and who manage to find a way to gradually integrate them into the team without compromising the overall performance of the team.  For me, Rodgers failed totally to do that and I think one of the reasons was lack of courage.

• Like 2

I thought QPR was a gimmee after our draw at Weeds and their performance against Watford.We seem to play better away from home so I think we'll give you a game today.Alot of what the new gaffer has done has gone under the radar as far as the cursory twitter glances from outsiders.

• Thanks 2

We are all expecting a comfortable win which probably means we will be scraping across the line at 99 minutes 🤣 Need to be slick and just play positively from the minute we kick off. Absolutely nothing to fear here. Play our football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Last day in Budapest and my IPTV is working and connects to the TV in the hotel. Now if I can just work out a way to convince my girlfriend that this game is massive lol

🤣 do you manage to watch all leicester games on IPTV as never used it... streams seem to be at a low with us being in the championship.

45 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I'd agree they looked out of their depth but it often takes time to adapt to a new level, so it's too early to write them off.  In particular, the physicality comes as a shock, I think, to young and inexperienced players.

It's not easy to tell whether, after a few games, the youngster is going up up his level to the league.  I think it's one of the things that tells you how good a manager is ... those that can spot a youngster who has a good likelihood of stepping up and who manage to find a way to gradually integrate them into the team without compromising the overall performance of the team.  For me, Rodgers failed totally to do that and I think one of the reasons was lack of courage.

I'm not so sure these pair are ones on the club's radar. 

There are usually rumblings very very early if a club has uncovered something special. There was chatter about chilwell and Barnes way before they ever broke into the first team. Going back, Jeff Schlupp too. 

KDH and Hamza and Luke Thomas were always that next level down but even so, had been identified. 

Now the chatter seems to revolve around alves braybrooke and nelson rather than these pair who have been playing 

5 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

🤣 do you manage to watch all leicester games on IPTV as never used it... streams seem to be at a low with us being in the championship.

Yeah they seem spot on so far. The one I have even has most/all of the league one and league two games as well

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

If there's one club in the league that has the ability to make Aaron Ramsey look like an absolute baller then you just know its us lol

I remember when Christian Benteke hadn't scored for something like a year and then inevitably turned into prime Drogba against us

• Haha 1