Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Cardiff City (H) 19.08.23 | 15:00 K.O | Pre Match Thread

On 13/08/2023 at 09:55, Happy Fox said:

To be honest I don’t see it. If we play well and dominate the ball those sides won’t have a chance against us either at home or away.

Right now, it’s all about momentum and getting wins on the board. 

Exactly - these types of games, the only reason you lose is if you make a stupid mistake, or have some bad luck.  So they really should be harder to lose than to win.  That said, as we are right now, mistakes are almost inevitable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Ricardo Winks

Praet Casadei KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho

80% possession. 2-0. Job done.

It's funny - cause this team already looks like a team i've been watching for ages!  I mean, it should feel like we're putting out a team that barely recognises one another, but when you see them play or, as i say, just seeing the team sheet - it feels like an old friend!

• Like 1

On 13/08/2023 at 00:38, LFox99 said:

This would imply Ndidi becoming our RB out of possession and that's just a hard no from me. 

I dont see why it couldn't be anyone from back 4 theoretically. Ie hamza (or in this case ndidi) at cb with Justin for example stepping inside. 

Don't fancy ndidi in back 4 at all though. Hamza's last game there was ace.

On 13/08/2023 at 21:22, jv1 said:

Got to find a way to get some consistent pressure in the final 3rd - we are so lacking in any quality it’s scary - I get that a new right winger and second number 8 will help with that but the transition between the 3rds so far in the 2 games has quite frankly been poo - yes they are learning a new way to play - yes the gaffer has nowhere near the 11 he wants to play with(4 short) and yes it’s early days in a new division but we have straight up arsed our way through 2 bang average opponents and we could easily have lost both games - I’m all for an identity and way to play - I actually really really like it - but and there is a big but - they have to show that we get can find a way to play in the final 3rd in this league - it’s so off the cuff at the minute - we won’t keep getting away with that - no chance - as I said better players will help - that sounds obvious but we might as well not be playing with a forward at the minute - there is virtually zero build up in the opposition half - it’s all pretty enough in our half but when we transition through the middle third we have very very little quality at the minute - it’s either kdh drives or 1 of the wingers beats a man or we basically come to a stand still - literal stand still as they don’t really know what to do - the reason that formation works so well for Man City and others is that the wide men and attacking midfielders are absolutely everywhere- they interchange - they take possession in difficult areas and they move the ball quickly- rapidly quickly  - our version of that at the minute is absolute pound shop - we don’t do any of that in the final third and are so sloppy because the players trying to do what the gaffer wants aren’t technically good enough - 6 points is 6 points and I’ll take it all day but there is so much improvement to be made both in personell and quality on the ball to make us tick in that final third - I love the philosophy- its time to work out how to execute it - that’s means the club getting him the players he wants and sharpish - it’s exciting and I for one just hope they give the gaffer what he needs to be a success 

The first 3 words you see will describe your future? That is some scary looking shit. 

consistent average version

Virtually man City?

Screenshot_20230815_123813_Chrome.thumb.jpg.76c4996af5fe7e73e03d6ff5373288bb.jpg

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Big block of text.  no paragraphs.  Just looks challenging and the joke was like one of those wordsearches on social media with random words in.

I feel the joke is probably shit if it needs explaining. 🤣

I'll get me coat.

I got it - lacking quality poo

• Haha 1

Looking forward to Saturday. The Cov match was thoroughly entertaining eventhough we nearly blew it. I think the new time wasting rules are making a difference. 

My mojo is returning. Didn't think it would as the fire is still raging about last season. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I dont see why it couldn't be anyone from back 4 theoretically. Ie hamza (or in this case ndidi) at cb with Justin for example stepping inside. 

Don't fancy ndidi in back 4 at all though. Hamza's last game there was ace.

He's not going to change the back four unless there is a glaring tactical reason to do so, and i'm not sure Cardiff are likely to be the team to force us to make such a defensive move as dropping ndidi deep.