Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Cardiff City (H) 19.08.23 | 15:00 K.O | Pre Match Thread

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:
7 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Full house for this one? 

Today's signing might add a few. 

I've had the email from the club advising me that season ticket resale is open - so, yes, it has sold out.   Which isn't bad considering that attendances can be a bit slow in August with holidays. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Just done a bit of research and watched extended highlights of their game on Saturday. They shouldn’t have lost to QPR. Hit the crossbar twice and the goals conceded were individual errors. Should really have 6 from 6 rather than 1. 

Hard to compare how they played there compared to Saturday coming because they dominated the ball v QPR. 

4-3-3 with the ball / 4-2-3-1 without. Similar to Huddersfield. 

Forward line has some potential - Bowler, Ugbo and Grant. 

Midfield can possess Ramsey and Callum Robinson at the same time. Where they play Ramsey could be interesting in terms of pressing patterns. If he isn’t the 10, you have the chance to run him ragged 

Centre back pair aren’t the greatest. Exposes for rashness and pace. Full backs don’t help out as they push on but they might row that back in. 

Did create four chances from set pieces. We will need to be strong here. 

If they come out and play a bit, they will be susceptible to counter attacks. They are mistakes they can make. 

Think this is trickier than you may think on paper. 

Yea I watched the Leeds game, they played well for 60mins and should've seen the game out.

At this stage of the season, any win will do to keep the momentum going. I don't expect any particular big wins until October when we're settled. 2-1 win

Hermansen

Ricardo Faes Doyle Justin

Winks

Casadei KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho Vardy

With Mads at quarterback, the full backs playing centre midfield, doyle playing left back, Faes defending on his own. Winks keeping it simple while he gets over Mourinho and Conte ptsd. KDH and Casadei competing for most brilliant attacking midfield swagger of the week. Mavididi auditioning to be the next surprise £60m Chelsea signing and Iheanacho and Vardy channelling classic 2021 defence terrorism.

Edited by FosseSpark
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Hermansen

Winks

Casadei KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho Vardy

With Mads at quarterback, the full backs playing centre midfield, doyle playing left back, Faes defending on his own. Winks keeping it simple while he gets over Mourinho and Conte ptsd. KDH and Casadei competing for most brilliant attacking midfield swagger of the week. Mavididi auditioning to be the next surprise £60m Chelsea signing and Iheanacho and Vardy channelling classic 2021 defence terrorism.

Pour me one of your drinks please :beer:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

He's not going to change the back four unless there is a glaring tactical reason to do so, and i'm not sure Cardiff are likely to be the team to force us to make such a defensive move as dropping ndidi deep.

I dont disagree, I was just stating that for Ricardo to play wing, ndidi would have to be right back. I was surprised to see hamza at left back and was expressing my surprise and thoughts that anyone from back 4 could push up under this system.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Hermansen

Winks

Casadei KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho Vardy

...I do not think that having just acquired one of the last pieces of the jigsaw, we then try and sabotage ourselves!!!

Usual set-up, with Casadei in for Praet, Vardy starting up front, looking for Casadei to find him in the box. We lack intelligence in the last third, we have a player who can pick a pass and look to pick a man out, we just need the RW to come in to complete the jigsaw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Just done a bit of research and watched extended highlights of their game on Saturday. They shouldn’t have lost to QPR. Hit the crossbar twice and the goals conceded were individual errors. Should really have 6 from 6 rather than 1. 

Hard to compare how they played there compared to Saturday coming because they dominated the ball v QPR. 

Midfield can possess Ramsey and Callum Robinson at the same time. Where they play Ramsey could be interesting in terms of pressing patterns. If he isn’t the 10, you have the chance to run him ragged 

Centre back pair aren’t the greatest. Exposes for rashness and pace. Full backs don’t help out as they push on but they might row that back in. 

If they come out and play a bit, they will be susceptible to counter attacks. They are mistakes they can make. 

I've had 2-1 win for this and I think based on this it's probably about right.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

That’s the key battle of the game and I suspect the one Maresca will target. With our box midfield and them having a guy who is no longer mobile we could effectively be 4 v 2 in that area. If he is the 10, Winks and Ricardo will bypass him. 

Seems that the most expected line up is 

Hermansen

Ricardo - Faes - Vestergaard - Doyle

Winks (obviously weird Man City tactic thing with Ricardo here)

Praet - Casadei - KDH - Mavididi 

Iheanacho

Personally I’d make a couple of changes but Souttar for Vestergaard is clearly not realistic so the one I am thinking is Kevin on the right. I think Praet has a place in the team/squad this season but I’m looking at KDH’s first goal against Cov, Nacho’s against Burton which was assisted by Kevin and the fact Casadei is apparently good with his head and thinking we could benefit from Kev’s balls into the box. 

23 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Hermansen

Faes, Vestergaard, Doyle

Ricardo, Winks

Madivadua, Casadei, KDH, Mavididi

Iheanacho

I would prefer JJ in the back 3 with Faes in the middle but have now accepted that the 3 above is what Enzo prefers

Casadei in right centre mid is an obvious change to make

I hate Praet on the right, so I would just stick with Madivadua

Nacho stop being greedy

Good lineup, probably also what I'd go for on the night.

Hope Casadei plays from the start!

• Like 2

On 15/08/2023 at 22:20, CosbehFox said:

QPR are probably a bad example as they've been absolutely carved apart in their 2 league games and clearly have a honking defensive set up.

Leeds absolutely demolished Cardiff at home in all but score. Of course you don't expect a walk over, but I expect we'll dominate the ball and I expect we'll find ourselves in a lot of promising positions. Whether our players are capable of making the most of them or not is another question.

Personally think we'll be all over them first 15-20. Getting at least 1 or 2 goals in that time frame is important as like you say, they're more likely to come as us then and it makes our job easier if we're focused.

9 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Am I right in thinking this will only be available to watch if you are outside of the country via FoxesHub? So next to impossible to find a stream?

Nothing showing on Satellite channels, I guess it's a search at kick off time on the day of the game with fingers crossed.