Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Cardiff City (H) 19.08.23 | 15:00 K.O | Pre Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

F**k off Rudkin :ph34r:

KnKgsRWo_x96.jpg

Enzo Maresca says that the club is no closer to moving any players out of the door. The Foxes boss says that the club cannot bring any other players to the club until that happens. #LCFC 

Not much point advertising the fact you maybe bring in a few quid, when you are trying to sign players. 

Wouldn't read much into it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Casadei?

“I know him very well. He gives us something different. He’s box to box. He’s not a pocket player. We have four attacking midfielders, and that gives us different solutions.”

I've heard this a few times now, does anyone actually know where the links are? Where have they crossed paths?

18 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

KnKgsRWo_x96.jpg

Enzo Maresca says that the club is no closer to moving any players out of the door. The Foxes boss says that the club cannot bring any other players to the club until that happens. #LCFC 

Its really difficult for us to have a fire sale. And has been for a few years. It would be interesting to know why that is. Perhaps our own valuations. 

20 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

KnKgsRWo_x96.jpg

Good for other clubs to know 

no wonder we get such shit offers 

48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Cardiff

Hermansen?

“We have a session this afternoon and it depends on the session. Then we’ll take a decision.”

Do you have a Winks alternative?

“Absolutely. We have Hamza who can play. We can play with Wilfred. Harry’s skills are different from Hamza and Wilfred, but we have players who can play there.”

These 2 stood out for me

I swear he said Hermansen would be fine this week. He sounds less sure now.

This one is just more funny. I understand he doesn't want to mash their confidence, but if we play Hamza or Wilf in Winks' position in the league it'd be suicide lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Its really difficult for us to have a fire sale. And has been for a few years. It would be interesting to know why that is. Perhaps our own valuations. 

It's because players like Soumare have decreased in value, shown himself to be not good enough for the prem and is on high wages. Clubs know we want to get rid, and will be most likely only offering loans or small fees. In our position we are best doing what Leeds have done and getting any players who aren't happy and are on high wages out the door on loans with some of their wages paid so we can get players in that Enzo wants who actually want to be here. We are in Dreamland if we think we are getting decent fees for Daka, Soumare, Souttar and Kristiansen.

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Maresca is pretty refreshing from his interviews. Some great answers there that give us some answers to questions we've wanted to know. VK seen as rotation for Doyle, Hamza trusted to be Winks rotation (which to be fair we've seen already). The comments about teaching VK and Thomas are very interesting. I love the way he talks about Casadei lol

I wonder how open he will be if we start losing though! And we are bound to hit at least one rough patch this season.

Generally agree but I would like to know by what he means by "a technical decision" because he's said it twice now and I'm curious to know what the actual reason was for leaving a few pretty decent players out and having two goalkeepers on the bench other than just forcing them out? 

I understand "there were some noises", makes sense, I can see the likes of Soumaré and Castagne talking to other clubs but then what's distinctly different about "technical reasons"? 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Generally agree but I would like to know by what he means by "a technical decision" because he's said it twice now and I'm curious to know what the actual reason was for leaving a few pretty decent players out and having two goalkeepers on the bench other than just forcing them out? 

I understand "there were some noises", makes sense, I can see the likes of Soumaré and Castagne talking to other clubs but then what's distinctly different about "technical reasons"? 

Yeah fair point. I guess we will find out based on what we see in the next few games. If we see Daka or Souttar start or come on, then "Technical Decision" means they weren't applicable for the game that was selected. If we don't see them at all, it's Maresca talk for "I want them gone."

Regarding Daka, he started up top against Liverpool, and we did look for the ball in behind over the top to him a few times. My assumption was that Liverpool are a highly technical team but also play a very high line, so he was selected for his pace for that game over Vardy and Ihenacho and not just for fitness. We haven't picked him since, as we haven't faced an opponent with that high a line yet. But could also be a case of 2+2 = 5.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah fair point. I guess we will find out based on what we see in the next few games. If we see Daka or Souttar start or come on, then "Technical Decision" means they weren't applicable for the game that was selected. If we don't see them at all, it's Maresca talk for "I want them gone."

Regarding Daka, he started up top against Liverpool, and we did look for the ball in behind over the top to him a few times. My assumption was that Liverpool are a highly technical team but also play a very high line, so he was selected for his pace for that game over Vardy and Ihenacho and not just for fitness. We haven't picked him since, as we haven't faced an opponent with that high a line yet. But could also be a case of 2+2 = 5.

You don't leave Patson Daka out because you're not sure, tactically, you'll need him vs this opponent but then put two goalkeepers on the bench to make up numbers. 

• Like 3

On 13/08/2023 at 21:22, jv1 said:

Got to find a way to get some consistent pressure in the final 3rd - we are so lacking in any quality it’s scary - I get that a new right winger and second number 8 will help with that but the transition between the 3rds so far in the 2 games has quite frankly been poo - yes they are learning a new way to play - yes the gaffer has nowhere near the 11 he wants to play with(4 short) and yes it’s early days in a new division but we have straight up arsed our way through 2 bang average opponents and we could easily have lost both games - I’m all for an identity and way to play - I actually really really like it - but and there is a big but - they have to show that we get can find a way to play in the final 3rd in this league - it’s so off the cuff at the minute - we won’t keep getting away with that - no chance - as I said better players will help - that sounds obvious but we might as well not be playing with a forward at the minute - there is virtually zero build up in the opposition half - it’s all pretty enough in our half but when we transition through the middle third we have very very little quality at the minute - it’s either kdh drives or 1 of the wingers beats a man or we basically come to a stand still - literal stand still as they don’t really know what to do - the reason that formation works so well for Man City and others is that the wide men and attacking midfielders are absolutely everywhere- they interchange - they take possession in difficult areas and they move the ball quickly- rapidly quickly  - our version of that at the minute is absolute pound shop - we don’t do any of that in the final third and are so sloppy because the players trying to do what the gaffer wants aren’t technically good enough - 6 points is 6 points and I’ll take it all day but there is so much improvement to be made both in personell and quality on the ball to make us tick in that final third - I love the philosophy- its time to work out how to execute it - that’s means the club getting him the players he wants and sharpish - it’s exciting and I for one just hope they give the gaffer what he needs to be a success 

I'd imagine a lot of people went straight past this post due to the lack of paragraphs.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

These 2 stood out for me

I swear he said Hermansen would be fine this week. He sounds less sure now.

This one is just more funny. I understand he doesn't want to mash their confidence, but if we play Hamza or Wilf in Winks' position in the league it'd be suicide lol

It would be depressing but talk to someone first👀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I thought someone mentioned McAtee was supposed to be in the squad, but pulled up injured at the last minute. As we always travel with 3 keepers, that’s why both Ward and Iversen were on the bench?! 

Could be wrong though 🤷‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's because players like Soumare have decreased in value, shown himself to be not good enough for the prem and is on high wages. Clubs know we want to get rid, and will be most likely only offering loans or small fees. In our position we are best doing what Leeds have done and getting any players who aren't happy and are on high wages out the door on loans with some of their wages paid so we can get players in that Enzo wants who actually want to be here. We are in Dreamland if we think we are getting decent fees for Daka, Soumare, Souttar and Kristiansen.

When's the last time we managed to sell deadwood-type players for cash? We've got into a bad run of having players see out their contracts and leave on a free transfer.

On 13/08/2023 at 21:22, jv1 said:

Got to find a way to get some consistent pressure in the final 3rd - we are so lacking in any quality it’s scary - I get that a new right winger and second number 8 will help with that but the transition between the 3rds so far in the 2 games has quite frankly been poo - yes they are learning a new way to play - yes the gaffer has nowhere near the 11 he wants to play with(4 short) and yes it’s early days in a new division but we have straight up arsed our way through 2 bang average opponents and we could easily have lost both games - I’m all for an identity and way to play - I actually really really like it - but and there is a big but - they have to show that we get can find a way to play in the final 3rd in this league - it’s so off the cuff at the minute - we won’t keep getting away with that - no chance - as I said better players will help - that sounds obvious but we might as well not be playing with a forward at the minute - there is virtually zero build up in the opposition half - it’s all pretty enough in our half but when we transition through the middle third we have very very little quality at the minute - it’s either kdh drives or 1 of the wingers beats a man or we basically come to a stand still - literal stand still as they don’t really know what to do - the reason that formation works so well for Man City and others is that the wide men and attacking midfielders are absolutely everywhere- they interchange - they take possession in difficult areas and they move the ball quickly- rapidly quickly  - our version of that at the minute is absolute pound shop - we don’t do any of that in the final third and are so sloppy because the players trying to do what the gaffer wants aren’t technically good enough - 6 points is 6 points and I’ll take it all day but there is so much improvement to be made both in personell and quality on the ball to make us tick in that final third - I love the philosophy- its time to work out how to execute it - that’s means the club getting him the players he wants and sharpish - it’s exciting and I for one just hope they give the gaffer what he needs to be a success 

I think you're missing the point entirely. Instead of saying we could of lost the first two and haven't been great, the fact we've played quite shit and still had three wins out of three, without all our signings, with our best defender injured, with the keeper injured 2 games out of 3, shows that we will only get better and that this division is largely shite. 

• Like 1