Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Cardiff City (H) 19.08.23 | 15:00 K.O | Pre Match Thread

5 hours ago, ccfcmart said:

I was wondering if you think you guys are in shape for a quick return.I know we are probably a bit behind you guys at the moment but do play some good stuff.Unfortunatly that goes hand in hand with some crap as well

If we don't go straight up in first or second place, it's a failure of a season. If we don't go up at all, it's a calamity.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

There are no comfortable matches in the Championship  !!!

As soon as you adopt that attitude you get your ass kicked.

I am sure Enzo has them pumped for this  game.

That would be something the manager would say in his press conferences for PR reasons.

I am confident internally they look at this match compared to the upcoming fixtures that are to be played as being the more comfortable one and reasonably so.

Cardiff are definitely one of those all or nothing teams. 

Sometimes they will click and play you off the park, other times just not turn up at all. 

For us, if we turn up, we should beat anyone in this league, but that’s reliant on us turning up. So far we’ve managed to win games when not playing very well, so we’re on a knifes edge too. You just have that feeling with us that we’re capable of losing a game 5-0 and capable of winning 5-0.

Im going for a third right uninspiring win. 2-1

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Would be nice if something clicked and we dominate and spank someone, I think we are still a few more signings short but looking forward to seeing how Casadei fits in as we have been lacking flair and a link. 

We've played the first two matches with 10.5 men. The two kids from the youth team have been out of their depth in both games. The oppo knew it. Cov were actively encouraging us to pass to Macateer. 

Had any senior player played that role instead, even out of position Praet, Albrighton, JJ, we'd have won both far more comfortable 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Why though?  It's saying the Cardiff game has live video on Saturday at 3pm?

You're right, only the UK is backed out for 3pm. Everywhere else will have it and your VPN should be fine. The place I source my football from accesses all 3pm EFL kick offs so they're definitely broadcast.

Yesterday evening I saw birds flying low in my neck of woods*. Then a massive storm happened during the night and a power outage which isnt uncommon here in the country. In the dark I reached for the cupboard to grab some matches (I have lots in different packages) and light a candle, and I took this one out. 

My prediction: 3 points, the lads are going to be on fire 🔥🔥🔥 :scarf:

*(could as well be bluebirds I'm not a fuching David Attenborough)

20230819_073904.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iran said:

Expect this to be one of the more comfortable matches of the season with all due respect to Cardiff City. Should be beating these lot at least 3-0.

Similar predictions by many before the Cov and Huddersfield matches. Hope to see some improvement today now the players have had a week of Enzo training especially in defence (still the biggest concern). 

The good news, as a fan at least, is that teams are much less likely to time waste and delay after going a goal up (and take 5 mins over a goal celebration). That applies to both teams. 

Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iran said:

Expect this to be one of the more comfortable matches of the season with all due respect to Cardiff City. Should be beating these lot at least 3-0.

Lump on Cardiff to take points off us this afternoon then 

Guest Sideshow Faes
6 hours ago, Iran said:

That would be something the manager would say in his press conferences for PR reasons.

I am confident internally they look at this match compared to the upcoming fixtures that are to be played as being the more comfortable one and reasonably so.

I am confident they won't 

Guest Sideshow Faes
14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Give Wanya another chance or Praet at RW and Casadei in? 

Hermandsen

Ricardo

Faes

Doyle 

Justin (will be Vestergaard)

Casadei

Winks

KDH

Wanya Marcal

Iheanacho

Mavididi

I'd stick with team from last match and bring Casadei off the bench

...this team has taken a significant step in its development in respect of conditioning!!!

We look as strong as our opponents if not stronger at the end of games, no one "blowing" after 15 minutes.

Rodgers always stated that his teams grew stronger at the end, but we never saw any signs of that.

If you're not tired and off your feet you make better decisions, which should mean we are just as effective in the last minutes as when we started.

• Like 1