Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hinckley Daz Fox

Cornwall (St Ives Area) Calling

I attend all Leicester games home and away but unfortunately missing the Cardiff game as away for a few days in St Ives, is there any Leicester fans in area that know of anywhere that will be showing the game on Saturday please ?

Edited by darren.p.thompson@btintern

8 minutes ago, darren.p.thompson@btintern said:

I attend all Leicester games home and away but unfortunately missing the Cardiff game as away for a few days in St Ives, is there any Leicester fans in area that know of anywhere that will be showing the game on Saturday please ?

@st ives fox  @st.ives blue@st.ives

Edited by Happy Fox
@st ives fox hasn't been active since 2011
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hinckley Daz Fox said:

You have got no chance I imagine, any pub dodgy enough to show a Saturday 3 o clock will show a prem game.

As a side note your edit has thrown up your email address. Not sure if you were aware.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hinckley Daz Fox said:

No hope that a 3pm game in any pub outside an LE post code will be Leicester 

get your phone charged 👍👍👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

My top tip is don't eat your pasty on the quay side. The seagulls are bastards. 

I can vouch for that as a local. ****er nicked my ice cream on Carbis Bay beach the other day 🤬

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

That’s a great help. lol 

The Lifeboat is the only boozer that really shows the football down there (and it's recently gone a bit to foody for my liking, when before it was a cracking pub, spent many a world cup or euros in there packed to the rafters) but it was never going to be helpful - the game isn't on telly and no pub in Britain is illegally streaming a 3pm kick off, especially a game involving clubs 300 miles away lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

The Lifeboat is the only boozer that really shows the football down there (and it's recently gone a bit to foody for my liking, when before it was a cracking pub, spent many a world cup or euros in there packed to the rafters) but it was never going to be helpful - the game isn't on telly and no pub in Britain is illegally streaming a 3pm kick off, especially a game involving clubs 300 miles away lol

We streamed leicester games in two pubs in great Yarmouth for 3 seasons.

Caught the train from St Erth to St Ives, a few years ago.   A short journey, but great views.     (St Erth station is a "park and ride" anyway, so better than trying to park in St Ives)

Anyway, this couple were walking down the middle of the line, I kid you not and I quote "to get a better view of the beach".

Driver had to do an emergency stop ... missed them by a couple of feet.   Absolute madness, but that's fairly typical of Cornwall!

Edited by worth_the_wait

11 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Caught the train from St Erth to St Ives, a few years ago.   A short journey, but great views.     (St Erth station is a "park and ride" anyway, so better than trying to park in St Ives)

Anyway, this couple were walking down the middle of the line, I kid you not and I quote "to get a better view of the beach".

Driver had to do an emergency stop ... missed them by a couple of feet.   Absolute madness, but that's fairly typical of Cornwall!

Christ.  That is mental.  In peak season that train is pretty regular too.  Agreed a nice way to park especially if you have a big bastard car like mine.

I live in St.Ives and don’t even attempt driving my car through the town in peak season. Too many ****wits who seem oblivious to the fact they’re walking in the middle of the road. 

Beautiful place mind 😎

One of my 15/16 memories was in a pub watching us beat Villa in St Ives. Slowly but surely the pub revealing more Leicester as the goals went. When the winner was scored, my brother fell off his stool. Some local lost a load of dough as well when he was counting it at half time