Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

Cardiff (H) - match thread

Actually two keepers on the bench is a bit of a stretch.  Danny Ward can barely be described as a keeper in any sense of the word.  He's no goalkeeper and we desperately want to get rid of him.

Edited by murphy

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Actually two keepers on the bench is a bit of a stretch.  Danny Ward can barely be described as a keeper in any sense of the word.  He's no goalkeeper and we desperately want to get rid of him.

Danny Ward is Polyfilla this season - he's only required to paper in the cracks on the bench when needed.

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

One thing I thought was that when Ndidi came on against Huddersfield we exerted more control in midfield and they looked less threatening generally.  

Just the eye test though so I'm probably wrong! 

I’d agree. Also gives us more height to win long balls and attack / defend set pieces. But at the same time if Ndidi had the Praet chance I’d not back him to put it away either. KDH looks like he is going to score every game by comparison. 

23 minutes ago, Staff said:

2 keepers on the bench again. Stick a kid on there, any of them just for the experience. Sick of managers selecting 2 goalkeepers, absolute load of bollocks 

Have to agree, should have put Amani Richards on there.

• Like 1

Now I’ve seen the squad, I’ve all of a sudden got an uneasy feeling about today. Cardiff although not in great form, aren’t a bad team, and I just feel that Enzo may be taught a lesson today…. One of those games where Cardiff beat us fairly comfortably I fear. 

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think people are being harsh on Ndidi. His first touch is poor but he’s been decent or good in most games this season. His combative qualities and hard work do make a difference. Today he can help against Aaron Ramsey for example. We’ve signed Casadei now but it seems like Maresca wants competition for places and with over 40 games left all of the box to box midfielders will get games. 

As of this moment Casadei is a wildcard. It will be interesting to see how he does playing in a high possession team. 

I must admit I was largely joking. Asking Ndidi to play in the 8 role before EM arrived would have been like asking a pushbike to be a aeroplane.

However, (maybe it’s been the level of opposition, unsure) he hasn’t done too bad and definitely provides an option/cover as you say. If we can get him to be somewhat effective there, as well as cover for HW and maybe do a different role against what are deemed the divisions more expansive teams, he is definitely worth keeping. That said, I am really looking forward to seeing Casadei in this team, he does provide that bit of technical ability that Wilf does lack. 

After his last 2 seasons it’s been easy to forget how good Wilf was before that downturn, he was the most effective ball winner in the EPL for 2 seasons running.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I love the time of the year whilst the transfer window is open and every player not in a match day squad is off. 😂 it’s not like we can name unlimited players, we have a huge squad at this level and players need to miss out. 

If your not getting picked in front of the extra goalkeeper on the bench the manager is telling you to sort a move out 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Now I’ve seen the squad, I’ve all of a sudden got an uneasy feeling about today. Cardiff although not in great form, aren’t a bad team, and I just feel that Enzo may be taught a lesson today…. One of those games where Cardiff beat us fairly comfortably I fear. 

Party pooper alert!

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Get back on the wine NOW!

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think people are being harsh on Ndidi. His first touch is poor but he’s been decent or good in most games this season. His combative qualities and hard work do make a difference. Today he can help against Aaron Ramsey for example. We’ve signed Casadei now but it seems like Maresca wants competition for places and with over 40 games left all of the box to box midfielders will get games. 

As of this moment Casadei is a wildcard. It will be interesting to see how he does playing in a high possession team. 

Ndidi for me is a an absolute phenomenon out of possession and I love the guy - he excels in a 4-1-4-1 playing just in front of two Centre backs allowing full backs to get forward. An absolute machine.

However for me, in possession - he's bang average Championship level on the ball as a defensive midfielder and has absolutely no business with the ball at his feet in the final third as a box to box 8. I'm over the moon his shot hit the top right corner than the usual seat in row Z the other day but y'know.

I'd rather keep him though as back up to Casedei and sell Praet.

Edited by Nick

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’d agree. Also gives us more height to win long balls and attack / defend set pieces. But at the same time if Ndidi had the Praet chance I’d not back him to put it away either. KDH looks like he is going to score every game by comparison. 

Yep. It got me thinking Ndidi would be useful to bring on in that 8 role later in games where we are leading (hopefully this will be the majority of games!) to help us see them out.  At that point his physicality, press and height etc should more than compensate for his creative limitations.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Enzo said there are players who wanted to go and now don’t. I can only assume that Vestergaard is one of those..

Still mooted he wants out, I get it’s injury cover but he wants(ed) out Souter / Nelson don’t.

A lot of assumptions that Praet is off or still wants out because not in the squad but out of those 2 in this system Praet would more than likely change his mind than Lurch just because he has more chance of playing in the longer term, Enzo also named checked Praet as having better quality than Ndidi n KDH for how he wants to play

• Like 1

Just now, Bordersfox said:

Yep. It got me thinking Ndidi would be useful to bring on in that 8 role later in games where we are leading (hopefully this will be the majority of games!) to help us see them out.  At that point his physicality, press and height etc should more than compensate for his creative limitations.  

Agree.

• Like 1

Have to say I find this whole Captain situation rather irritating. Gets passed around like a bag of skittles. Not sure Ricky P is the right man for the job at all. Surely it's got to be KDH. Going to be the most consistent starter this season and isn't afraid to speak up.

Edited by Larry_LCFC