Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

Cardiff (H) - match thread

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I think Wilf has the engine for it. He gets himself into good position which Enzo has asked for. What lets him down is his quality. He can't really be blamed for that though. 

He’s got a lot of qualities, just not a lot of quality. 

Completely agree, great engine, wins the ball back, breaks up play, intercepts and snuffs out danger. I’ll even give you the good positions bit since Enzo came in. It’s just the pass when he’s won it back, the final ball or the execution of the shot when he’s in the position, it’s never been his best attribute. Hopefully Casadei brings it, we shall see. Certainly very excited. 

This isn’t meant to hate on Wilf, he’s good at stuff we need him to be good at, especially in the Champ. I just don’t think long term Enzo sees him as the answer in the 8 role. 

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Our ability to win a game off that bench is shocking lol hope we score fairly early and get some rhythm. 

But we should stop highlighting that fact because look at Cardiff’s bench. 

We should be grateful for what we’ve got, really.. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Pep doesn’t place much importance on whoever has the armband and liked to pass it around too.

I think Enzo feels the same 

Unless you’ve got a Wes/Kompany like character no harm in passing it around.

Stick it on KDH and watch him vanish.

Everything about Danny Ward winds me up to an irrational extent and I’m reasonably laid back about football. His rubbish little wiry beard, the strapping he puts on his wrists to make it look like he’s wearing Mickey Mouse gloves, and the fact he’s a crap goalkeeper.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

He’s got a lot of qualities, just not a lot of quality. 

Completely agree, great engine, wins the ball back, breaks up play, intercepts and snuffs out danger. I’ll even give you the good positions bit since Enzo came in. It’s just the pass when he’s won it back, the final ball or the execution of the shot when he’s in the position, it’s never been his best attribute. Hopefully Casadei brings it, we shall see. Certainly very excited. 

This isn’t meant to hate on Wilf, he’s good at stuff we need him to be good at, especially in the Champ. I just don’t think long term Enzo sees him as the answer in the 8 role. 

I would agree that, I'd not have him at 8 but Enzo has mentioned it a few times and always lumps him in with KDH and Peaet as our attacking CMs. Now he's mentioned Hamza as Winks replacement. I feel he will be there for this season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

My poor old brain gets a bit confused when Ndidi, Mavididi and Madivadua are all in the side.

I felt especially confused when people started writing 'Madders' in the their pre-match line ups!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Everything about Danny Ward winds me up to an irrational extent and I’m reasonably laid back about football. His rubbish little wiry beard, the strapping he puts on his wrists to make it look like he’s wearing Mickey Mouse gloves, and the fact he’s a crap goalkeeper.

Honestly? Same

And maybe more 

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

I'm traumatised by his performances. If I just see him I break into a sweat. Really hope someone takes him on loan or permanently.

Edited by lgfualol

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I'm traumatised by his performances. If I just see him I break into a sweat. Really hope someone takes him on loan or permanently.

He's right up there with that other little DW weasel in my most disliked Leicester players list.