Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

I do still think he needs to be more physical.

There was an instance in the second half where he got the ball and drove past the Sunderland midfielder and that's the sort of thing a big lad like him should be doing more often.

On another day he ends the game having scored those two big chances he missed and an assist to Iheanacho.

I thought we missed Ndidi's ability to break play up but it's harsh to judge Casadei on that given Ndidi was probably the best in Europe at it a couple of years ago.

I thought he put in a really good shift and would be a 7 to 7.5 out of 10.

Superb last night.. Should have scored and will do so on another day, takes up/gets in positions no other CM in our ranks will do and thats a massive plus to playing him, especially in games where teams don't just want to make us toil for 90mins. 

The game suited him last night with Sunderland creating an open affair allowing him to run into spaces rather than stringing pass after pass together to move around a low block defence in search of an opening that we're used to seeing. The cushioned header for Kel was a thing of beauty, that goes in and one of the chances he has and we're waxing lyrical about him. 

Stick with this kid, he's very, very talented and hopefully he kicks on now!

Screenshot 2023-10-25 101801.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Dreadful tonight, like he didn’t know how to control his legs!

Honestly so far I wouldn’t be that fussed if he got sent back to Chelsea in January

My thoughts exactly. We've had a great season so far but he is a huge weak link in out squad. If he's not improved much by Jan then we need to send him back and sign a replacement if ones available or use Alves if Enzo feels he's ready. I don't like to overly slate young players but he was quite clearly and obviously the worst player on the pitch by a distance 

• Like 2

I don't want to be too harsh on the lad but he looks well off of the pace in most of the games he has played.

All his team mates are playing one or two touch football yet Casadei requires two touches to get the ball under control and then a third touch to pass. 

Tonight i think Enzo made a mistake playing Casadei. That type of match would of been perfect for Hamza. 

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Lazy in too many games. Give me a fighter everyday at this level. 

I don't think he is lazy. I think he is just slow and can't keep up with the pace sometimes. 

He definitely stands out as a weak link at times and tonight, we really needed Ndidi instead of him. 

I'd like to see him only used from the bench from now on, as he has been given numerous opportunities now and not been able to step up fully. 

Useful player from the bench and could become a very good player as he develops over the years, but we can't risk him starting each week right now.