Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

10 hours ago, deep blue said:

Hamza was an improvement tonight.  Maybe worth giving McAteer a go in that position - he is hungry and also seems an adaptable and intelligent player.  Possibly Alves in the near future.

Hamza didn’t replace Casadei’s position. He took the Ricardo inverted fullback role and Ricardo took over Casadei’s right number 8 position and was much better than Butch. I agree that it might be worth trying McAteer if Enzo decides to keep Ricardo as inverted fullback but I personally think he’ll keep the team as it finished. We need Ndidi back and players like Praet and Alves pushing Casadei to improve.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Still have faith. There’s a player there. 

I think so too. He's only 20 and there is a reason he is on loan to a Championship club. The issue for us is when we have to use him as our first option. 

Although he was poor, he needs games like yesterday for his learning and I am sure long term it will do him good. He still looked skilful on the ball, but he struggled with the pace and being pressed quickly. He struggled to read 1-2's and couldn't get into good positions. 

If he was the finished article, he wouldn't be on loan.  We asked a lot of him yesterday and the reality is he wasn't quite ready for it. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think so too. He's only 20 and there is a reason he is on loan to a Championship club. The issue for us is when we have to use him as our first option. 

Although he was poor, he needs games like yesterday for his learning and I am sure long term it will do him good. He still looked skilful on the ball, but he struggled with the pace and being pressed quickly. He struggled to read 1-2's and couldn't get into good positions. 

If he was the finished article, he wouldn't be on loan.  We asked a lot of him yesterday and the reality is he wasn't quite ready for it. 

Exactly. 20 year old thought of very highly by two footballing institutions and at international level. Unfair to pile on. 

Can fully accept he's been underwhelming but won't have any digs at his attitude. He's a lad with little more than a handful of senior league appearances, playing at a higher level (or level of expectation) than he ever has. It'll be natural for him to have moments where he isn't quite switched on, it doesn't mean he's lazy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

...he had a season with Reading last term, but he seemed reluctant to play in the Championship this season!!!

It seemed he needed some convincing to come here, you still wonder if his heart is not totally in it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he had a season with Reading last term, but he seemed reluctant to play in the Championship this season!!!

It seemed he needed some convincing to come here, you still wonder if his heart is not totally in it.

Sorry - you are making things up there that don't ring true unless you have facts to back that up. I don't dispute his attitude at all, and if his goal is to get into the Premier League or the Chelsea team then he will know the commitment and the work that needs to go into it. I've seen nothing to suggest his heart isn't in anything. It's a learning process, that's all, and games like yesterday are ones for more experienced heads and he currently fell short. For a 20 year old loanee i think thats reasonable, as long as he shows improvement along the way. 

The part that disappoints me is that Enzo emphasised his box to box abilities and we didn't really see much of that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Sorry - you are making things up there that don't ring true unless you have facts to back that up. I don't dispute his attitude at all, and if his goal is to get into the Premier League or the Chelsea team then he will know the commitment and the work that needs to go into it. I've seen nothing to suggest his heart isn't in anything. It's a learning process, that's all, and games like yesterday are ones for more experienced heads and he currently fell short. For a 20 year old loanee i think thats reasonable, as long as he shows improvement along the way. 

The part that disappoints me is that Enzo emphasised his box to box abilities and we didn't really see much of that.

...I would say apart from the Sunderland game he has been right off it!!!

This is not about a learning curve, even if you are not at the best then you are going to put a lot of effort in to show that you want the opportunity. The Leeds Fullback last night is 17 years old, up against a Player 8 years older and he contained him.

For all the talk of bringing him here, you are not going to expect the lacklustre performances that we have seen. He won trophies (Golden Boot and Golden Ball) for his performance in the U20 World Cup tournament in 2023, he is no baby.

Casadei is strong in the air, its a mystery that since he's started this run of games we've started using that outlet less and less. He needed to attack the box last night, our wingers in the end were crossing to each other.

I don't know if tactically he was told to not advance but when he first came here he was in the box at every opportunity.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would say apart from the Sunderland game he has been right off it!!!

This is not about a learning curve, even if you are not at the best then you are going to put a lot of effort in to show that you want the opportunity. The Leeds Fullback last night is 17 years old, up against a Player 8 years older and he contained him.

For all the talk of bringing him here, you are not going to expect the lacklustre performances that we have seen. He won trophies (Golden Boot and Golden Ball) for his performance in the U20 World Cup tournament in 2023, he is no baby.

You take that attitude then every loanee is screwed before they have kicked a ball. Sunderland wasn't the only game where he showed promise, but was the best we have seen him. He has definitely blown hot and cold but he is here to develop - end of. Every player developers at different rates and can inconsistent at this age and your Leeds fullback might go on and have 3 or 4 terrible games now. That game yesterday was a big step up from U20's football.

I still think he isn't no 1 choice anyway, and Wilf comes back in when he is fit. Also think if Wilf was off to Forest we would have sought after first choice enforcements. I would rather make a firmer conclusion about Casadei about March time.

Edited by Chelmofox

The Kid has talent and we have seen glimpses of it, but he does look like he struggles with this system & that was obvious on Friday. He looked glad to be substituted.

We are not going to change so he has to adapt quickly or I don't we are doing him any favours by keeping him on loan.

(I remember Kane didn't look good for us when on loan here because we were playing him out of position & he didn't turn out to bad, the same with Casadei I see a good played unsuited by our tactics)

Give him game time by all means ..  bring on when comfortably winning or when playing much weaker teams.  For important games  ..  never !  Use someone else ..  Wilf, Ricky, Macca ..  anyone else ! 

As much as I like to see us help him gain experience ..  not at the expense of LCFC. 

We can never expect to beat teams like Leeds when we are carrying two passengers ..  (JV) 

• Thanks 1

There was a lot of excitement about him coming here.   It hasn't clicked for him.   

With Ndidi out,  Yunus may well have started alongside KDH and Winks if fit.

If he doesn’t improve,   when Praet, Braybrooke, Ndidi and Yunus are around, he'll get limited game time.  

On 04/11/2023 at 10:00, funkyrobot said:

I agree that it might be worth trying McAteer if Enzo decides to keep Ricardo as inverted fullback

I was surprised that Hamza came on when McAteer was doing an intense warmup before hand, McAteer has played multiple games in central midfield so it wouldn’t just be a blind gamble putting him in there

26 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I was surprised that Hamza came on when McAteer was doing an intense warmup before hand, McAteer has played multiple games in central midfield so it wouldn’t just be a blind gamble putting him in there

Hamza was awesome. Passed it well. Tackled well. Sprinted well. Showed pashun - we all love that. Think Enzo was trying to stiffen us up and it worked. McAteer would have been a different option. Who knows, might have been the better one, might not. We’ll never know. 

• Like 2