Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

There's no way they'll be a clause about how much he plays. He's played because we have West Brom on Saturday and the two will be Ndidi and KDH. Enzo thought he could get away with it and he couldn't.

Why is there no way? Quite common place isn't it I think, pretty sure Jeff Bruma had one when he was here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I don’t know why everyone was desperate to have us sign him, he barely set the world alight at Reading. We could have had Preat playing who offers more than this guy, send him back, it’s not like he’s ours and we need to nurture him. 

IMG_2554.jpeg

He was raved about there tbf, but they were proper shit.

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The entire squad seems to have the same problem as Casadei.

What is he actually good at? 

We're so desperate for quality 8s/10s in January.

I was thinking this to myself whilst watching last night.

From what I've seen he does one thing well, and that's attack the box. If you watch him he does take up some good positions.

He's not actually good at anything else.

Total waste of a position for us - Often more of a hindrance than a help!

I do worry he's this season's Ward. He was a one man relegation machine(I think any team below Brighton or Villa would've gone down with him there for 26 games). Is Casadei the promotion Kryptonite? 

Plenty of options as and when we need to rest Wilf. The obvious two being Praet straight replacement or Ricky shunted into that role and Hamza at RB filling Ricky's hole (yes, left that phrase in for some levity) 

Or, Marc Albrighton would be far more reliable in an emergency. Finally I'd go McAteer in there. Only if all those options were unavailable would I go for Casadei. 

Edited by Paninistickers

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

There's no way they'll be a clause about how much he plays. He's played because we have West Brom on Saturday and the two will be Ndidi and KDH. Enzo thought he could get away with it and he couldn't.

...the question is why did he not keep Yunus on and take off Casadei!!!

He ( Maresca) believes Praet is the ideal person for the #8 role, so I 

suspect we will have to wait until he is up to speed  before we see that happening. 

I think Akgun sees the game as a #10, we need invention in the last third.

Oscar Bobb is sitting on the Manchester City bench  getting the odd minutes here and there,  I  am not sure he would not benefit from half a season in the next tier, controlling a central midfield in a team pushing for promotion and crying out for his skills.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I do worry he's this season's Ward. He was a one man relegation machine(I think any team below Brighton or Villa would've gone down with him there for 26 games). Is Casadei the promotion Kryptonite? 

Plenty of options as and when we need to rest Wilf. The obvious two being Praet straight replacement or Ricky shunted into that role and Hamza at RB filling Ricky's hole (yes, left that phrase in for some levity) 

Or, Marc Albrighton would be far more reliable in an emergency. Finally I'd go McAteer in there. Only if all those options were unavailable would I go for Casadei. 

...he had half a season with Reading and they were relegated!!!

It seems he makes little difference to the team when he plays.

43 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sadly he’s been a dud. 

I’m not one to dig out young players, he might become very good in time. However, as of today he feels like a real luxury signing. He’s not even our player, so we’re using a slot in the team to develop a player who is actively making us worse! I’ve got no problems with loans; Youri Tielemans was on loan from Monaco and was outstanding. But Casadei isn’t doing it at all. Ndidi and KDH did more in 5 minutes than he did in the entire match. 

Alves to get some minutes as an 8 soon hopefully