Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Creativity and scoring from midfield/attacking midfield was always my issue pre season/going into this season.

We knew we needed a goalscoring amc as we were after McAtee, slightly baffling that we didn't bother going for anyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scanchez said:

Can't see him staying with us next season.

Isn't working.

He is struggling in the Championship so I really don't see him playing Premier League next season. Italian football is played at a slower pace & he appears to be struggling with the pace of English football.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He is struggling in the Championship so I really don't see him playing Premier League next season. Italian football is played at a slower pace & he appears to be struggling with the pace of English football.

Yeah he will be going back to Italy in the Summer, Chelsea will sell him.

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The question remains…… what prompted Chelsea to buy him for the money they did? 

He’s a fish out of water….

Chelsea's recruitment has been very hit and miss for years and more miss, so this isn't a huge shock to me that they've bought a dud.

I'm surprised at how bad he actually is even despite this. He shouldn't see the pitch before the 75th minute. I think his only discernible strength is attacking the box late and he's not even doing that anymore. Maybe if he comes on late in a game we're chasing against a parked bus he may have a use but beyond that he's hopeless.

43 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I hope part of the loan deal was not that Chelsea insisted that he be guaranteed so many games as he is definitely not worth a place in the team.

I think I read somewhere that Man City only lent Doyle to us on the proviso that he was played

I believe it's often the case that the club receiving the player will have to pay more the less they play them.

Eg starts the game = pay 0% wages

Comes on for 30 minutes = pay 33% wages

Gets no minutes = pay 100% wages

I heard a podcast with Gerry Taggart saying it was structuring too many deals like that ruined Paul Dickov at Oldham. His chairman sold off all the good players then brought in a load of young players on loan, who had to play regardless of whether Dickov wanted them in the team in order for the club to not pay their wages.

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Can’t believe this lad thought he was too good for the championship. Danny Drinkwater levels of delusion. 

...I don't believe this is where he wants to be, but at least make a fist of it and speak to the Chelsea loan manager about where he stands with this loan!!!

Strangely, he is so lethargic in games, not helping himself or the team with his performances. I imagine this was how he was at Reading after the January window last season, they still went down. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I don't believe this is where he wants to be, but at least make a fist of it and speak to the Chelsea loan manager about where he stands with this loan!!!

Strangely, he is so lethargic in games, not helping himself or the team with his performances. I imagine this was how he was at Reading after the January window last season, they still went down. 

His first two games were good.  Now he lacks enthusiasm and seems uninterested.  Enzo should send him back.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2023 at 07:16, SpacedX said:

What on Earth are you talking about? This is key to our recruitment strategy. This has always been a very important criterion for the club and it's important that we raise the bar again after Söyüncü.

Brendan's left though so naturally that's brought the average up

3 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Cant believe he is getting in the team ahead of Praet.  Casadei is not fit to lace his boots..

ffs. What has Praet done to even warrant any sort of praise. Guy has been woeful for years (pops up every now and again). He is supposed to be at the pinnacle of his career. What's he actually done? Even though he's been really poor, Casadei has still delivered more that Praet this season.

I think this is the danger with signing development players on loan. I now think Casadei is a year away from being ready for our level in our system. 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Much of a muchness between the two. One is easily injured, the other more likely to improve. Neither ideal.

I no longer think Ndidi is ideal either and over performed earlier in the season. Think we need someone much more creative in the role that Casadei could understudy.