Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

Not all loans work out. He's one without an obligation, so we've done alright with this try before you buy.

I think our recent scouting since Aug 22 and Wout Faes (ie since Rodgers and his team were relieved of duties in terms of transfers)  has been largely phenomenal.

Faes excellent. Souttar not bad. Kraitensen excellent work for a team that plays full backs! Hermansen is a stellar piece of work. Fatawu pretty decent. Mavidi pretty ok. Coady clearly signed to plug a leadership vaccum

Bit this lad and Tete were serious serious howlers. Just goes to show scouting ain't an exact science 

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Ndidi > Casadei is such a massive downgrade as we saw during that period when Ndidi was injured. Feel like AFCON will affect us more than the other top 4 teams on that factor alone. Unless Enzo is as annoyed as us with Casadei, and Praet is now ahead of him in the pecking order? 

It's inconceivable that Casadei will be picked ahead of Praet. Unless we've made a major boo boo and agreed to a minimum appearance level.

I think we saw a player today who knows he’s underperforming and was trying too hard to

impress. Those two chances when he should’ve passed but dribbled into nothingness weren’t great. Play on instinct and he passes, over think it and he does what he did trying to impress.

Still think there’s a player in there, just needs to get his confidence back and get back to basics.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

He's a loanee here to help us now, who cares about his future ability. 

We'd be better off developing one of our own players is someone is fit enough come Jan. 

The comment isn't really about Casadei, more about people judging players early.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I think we saw a player today who knows he’s underperforming and was trying too hard to

impress. Those two chances when he should’ve passed but dribbled into nothingness weren’t great. Play on instinct and he passes, over think it and he does what he did trying to impress.

Still think there’s a player in there, just needs to get his confidence back and get back to basics.

I'm not convinced by him and think he has a swagger about him above his current ability, however to be fair to him today I thought Cannon did him no favours on that first dribble.

Casadei seemed to carry the ball and draw in the defender, I think he was expecting Cannon to peel off his defender and run into the space vacated by the defender who stepped out to challenge for the ball so that he could slide it through. However Cannon turned the other way and ran straight into a congested area which meant the pass wasn't on. Consequently with no passing options he had to go alone but having waited a split second for the Cannon run which never came it effectively meant the defender was able to close the gap and limit the space to work in. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People feel the need to write off players, 600 odd minutes in the league and people have made their minds up.

Roughly what Harry Kane played for us on loan and everyone thought he was rubbish.

It's like we have won, I must find someone to bash or a negative.

Maybe the kid has a great career, maybe his has a shit one, but little early to write him off.

He was.

Just because he’s gone on to do what he has in the game doesn’t change the fact that he was pants for us.

Do you want people to ignore what they’re seeing in front of them on the pitch because a player might one day go on to do something for another club?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He was.

Just because he’s gone on to do what he has in the game doesn’t change the fact that he was pants for us.

Do you want people to ignore what they’re seeing in front of them on the pitch because a player might one day go on to do something for another club?

No I want them to have a balance opinion.

He's a young lad finding he's way in the game.

People are too quick to judge players.

Edited by coolhandfox

Sorry Cesare, I just don't get it. 

Either that or he is one of those who thinks he is better than he thinks he is, just because he has come from Chelsea. Other than one goal and a decent show against Sunderland, he has shown very little. 

Some loan deals just don't work. The likes of Tielemans and Waghorn did, this one hasn't. Just use him as much as we can when reasonable to do so, until he swaggers back to London.

Edited by Bezzanator89

51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

This is what was said about Ward until he was halfway into getting us relegated. Casadei has been shite for us, no way around that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BillyFOX12 said:

This is what was said about Ward until he was halfway into getting us relegated. Casadei has been shite for us, no way around that.

One cost 12m, 30 years old and played 50 games for the club and has 30 international caps and clearly shit 

The other is a unexperienced loanee and  20 years old and has played 1700 minutes league football in his career.

5 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He was.

He's right to make the comparison when there's countless posts writing off the lads career

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

In many cases I agree with you and the club's history is full of players who were written off and then went on to become heroes or greats elsewhere but this lad doesn't seem to fit our style or patterns of play. He doesn't spot passes, he doesn't close down very well, aside from one tap-in goal early on he's not had any sort of goal threat, I'm struggling to see what his strength is or his value to the team. If you bring in players on season loans you expect them to have an immediate impact or be a positive part of the side. We're not a feeder club or some sort of Championship academy, we have a PL academy thats role is to fill places in the squad, we shouldn't be helping others with development. He didn't pull up any trees at Reading and it's hard to see him getting much better in the next 6 months. If he's not for sale, there's very little point in him being here because he won't be with us after May anyway.

• Like 2

This away fan captures the majesty of Casadei's step overs. I was side on in the game, and thought he was tackled. How wrong a was. There were a 2 passes on before he got to that point, 1 of which was to Cannon. 

https://youtu.be/56ZJFjaRBIc?t=577

Love the game yesterday, but rapidly losing faith in this kid.