Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

7 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Would send him back ASAP if we had the option to. 

He plays like a lad that doesn’t really have much skin in the game. Plays like he’s just been sent to play a bit of nice football from his real club but there’s nothing really riding on it for him.

A player that’s fully invested, playing like a man who’s making a living from the game, doesn’t let their player stroll past him in the 93rd minute. As thing stand, we have a kid who plays like he believes he’s here for a nice jolly and will be back to the cushy surrounds of Chelsea when he’s done.

Agree, especially that last part. What the silly bugger doesn't understand is if Enzo gives him a bad report he will be sold off on his return to SW3 and as somebody's stated earlier, he will never get a chance to play for them.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that Casadei was the one that had been playing for 90 minutes and Morsey just on the pitch. Got past him with far too much ease.

I wouldn't be shocked if he to see him move back to Italy next season. In his 2nd championship loan and not pulled up trees at us or Reading. 

Still think he's likely excelled so much at youth level due to his size compared to his peers. Seems like a decent lad and I can't knock his effort but he just seems too slow to me, both moving and with the ball.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Do we have any stats on how many clear sitters he’s missed in front of goal? I know he got the tap in last week but he sure is weak in front of goal. Maybe hasn’t matured yet as a player. Enzo sure seems to have his back 

It’s not just in front of goal. I think many of us have seen enough players over the years to know that this guy is never going to be a top player. He’s hardly even average. He’s slow of body and mind. He has little positional sense. Can’t tackle. Control is suspect. Passing is off more than on. Just weak. Other than that the lad is cracking. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

Reckon we have a clause where, if we don’t play him x amount of times, the fee increases? 

We cant run Ndidi into the ground, and Praet can't play more than 15 minutes without having to take 2 weeks off. What are we supposed to do?

To be fair, he was ok in the last 2 sub appearances and i don't blame him for the goal. We are really going to need him in January, and I'm willing to give him a bit more of a chance.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Is there a clause in the loan agreement that allows us to send him back early or would it be by mutual consent if Chelsea can find him an alternative loan move? 

For the amount of times people say "send XXXX back" when does it actually happen? I can't think of any of our loans that we've terminated early? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

We cant run Ndidi into the ground, and Praet can't play more than 15 minutes without having to take 2 weeks off. What are we supposed to do?

To be fair, he was ok in the last 2 sub appearances and i don't blame him for the goal. We are really going to need him in January, and I'm willing to give him a bit more of a chance.

Don’t disagree with that, but there were other options that would’ve suited the situation better. 

On 27/12/2023 at 12:33, filbertway said:

You'd be forgiven for thinking that Casadei was the one that had been playing for 90 minutes and Morsey just on the pitch. Got past him with far too much ease.

I wouldn't be shocked if he to see him move back to Italy next season. In his 2nd championship loan and not pulled up trees at us or Reading. 

Still think he's likely excelled so much at youth level due to his size compared to his peers. Seems like a decent lad and I can't knock his effort but he just seems too slow to me, both moving and with the ball.

He was really rated at Reading FYI

10 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Don’t disagree with that, but there were other options that would’ve suited the situation better. 

Eh, I dunno. That's easy to say in hindsight. 

For what it's worth, I do agree, but I also understand why Enzo brought on Casadei instead of Choudhury (I'd have had Hamza instead of Akgun tbh) in the middle of the park.

There's two schools of thought aren't there in that situation. If you look at it from the point of view of "Leicester are holding on to a lead, trying to close out a game, they're under pressure, they just need to defend" then yes Hamza is your man. But another way of looking at that situation (and I'd suggest very much the Enzo way of looking at the situation) is "Leicester have lost control of this game, that's why Ipswich are getting back in to it, they need more control on the midfield and Ndidi/KDH are tired" and from that point of view I can totally understand why you'd bring on Casadei and Akgun who are better in possession. 

Clearly it backfired but who is to say maybe in another timeline we do bring on Hamza, park the bus and sit and try and hold on and we still concede anyway? It's not like Ipswich broke us down with some brilliant move, they got unbelievably spawny with a rogue shot from a defender that took a double deflection.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Eh, I dunno. That's easy to say in hindsight. 

For what it's worth, I do agree, but I also understand why Enzo brought on Casadei instead of Choudhury (for what it's worth, I'd have had Hamza instead of Akgun tbh) in the middle of the park.

There's two schools of thought aren't there in that situation. If you look at it from the point of view of "Leicester are holding on to a lead, trying to close out a game, they're under pressure, they just need to defend" then yes Hamza is your man. But another way of looking at that situation (and I'd suggest very much the Enzo way of looking at the situation) is "Leicester have lost control of this game, that's why Ipswich are getting back in to it, they need more control on the midfield and Ndidi/KDH are tired" and from that point of view I can totally understand why you'd bring on Casadei and Akgun who are better in possession. 

Clearly it backfired but who is to say maybe in another timeline we do bring on Hamza, park the bus and sit and try and hold on and we still concede anyway? It's not like Ipswich broke us down with some brilliant move, they got unbelievably spawny with a rogue shot from a defender that took a double deflection.

Yeah, you’re right. I’m still just a bit peeved that we threw 2 points away. I don’t dislike Casadei FWIW, he’s been okay. We can let it go because we’ve got such a lead over 3rd, but if we hadn’t and we’re giving minutes to a loanee who’s just ‘okay’, it’d be unforgivable. Understand KDH and NDidi might’ve been struggling but you’re so close to a massive 3pts, I’d rather let them tire out for that last quarter and suck it and see for the next game. If they aren’t ready, so be it. They didn’t seem to be struggling, it was one eye on the next game. When in reality, I’d say had we persisted we’d have that 3pts and we can worry about Cardiff when it comes to it. 

As you say, all hindsight and if they hadn’t been lucky, we’d not be discussing it.

Edited by Leeds Fox

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I mean that’s fair. I always like to give players a chance, but Casadei is trying my patience. To be honest he can’t be as absolutely shite as he’s been so far. Maybe he’ll come good, but in my eyes it’s a long way back to the borders of redemption.