Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

Anyone got the stats on how far players run ?
Might be wrong but it seems like he puts in a real shift with lots of his forward runs that go unnoticed 

Obviously doesn’t make up for his inadequacies in other departments but at least the kid is trying ( unlike a certain centre forward appears to be most games ) 

Didn’t think he played that bad today? Not sure why he gets so much stick, felt he did alright considering Huddersfield packed the midlfield and space was tight. 

Was always making himself available for the ball forward, there was one or two times he could have turned possibly and played forward but overall a solid display.

• Like 2

Strikes me as more of a deep lying striker. Lays the ball off then heads straight for the goal. He's not a midfielder, no composure at all. Weirdly like him though. He'll get goals in a team that throws crosses in

He was terrible - as per usual - in the first half. Improved considerably in the second (when it would have been practically impossible not to have done) and people are now deluding themselves by saying he had a really good game.

There is a difference between wanting a player to succeed and them actually doing it.

He has had one positive performance for us - against Sunderland - and scored a couple of goals. And that’s it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Feel sorry for him a little bit because you feel the crowd are waiting to sigh and this is is making him play nervously. Not a natural runner but don't feel he doesn't try, just playing it a bit safe. Every little mistake is treated differently to other players currently. Of course, you earn the right for fans to ignore your mistakes and he hasn't done that yet. 

He dared to pass it backwards at one point in the first half - felt like most of the home crowd groaned - in the end the pass was the pre-assist for the opener…

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I don’t think he is ever going to be a top player.

just too slow and cumbersome. A number 8 in jan is a priority and asap with wilf missing. I am hearing Josh brownhill.

Doesn't the onomatopoeiac nature of his name give you pause? 

3 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I don’t think he is ever going to be a top player.

just too slow and cumbersome. A number 8 in jan is a priority and asap with wilf missing. I am hearing Josh brownhill.

2 week ago Kompany was insistent that he wouldn’t be going anywhere when he was linked to Wolves so

I guess they might just trigger his 1yr extension then sell 🤷‍♂️ 

Poor first half (as for most of the team).

Not outstanding in the 2nd half, but didn’t do too much wrong. A few good glimpses.

Really think he will improve over the next few months, with a regular starting place in the team.

I think he’s trying too hard but I also think he’s not really a natural footballer. Everything he does seems forced. Has to line his whole body up before he passes and has to pass dead straight. Drifts about aimlessly. Is usually in the wrong place at the wrong time. He’s slow as I’ve said before, of body and mind. Just cannot see this superstar he was billed as potentially being. 

Still, he’s young, far from home, has a good manager, a good team around him, so maybe he will improve. I certainly hope so. I hate writing any player off too soon, but I have my doubts here. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't get it.  I can't find an onomatopoeia in Josh Brownhill's name.  What do you mean?

Thought it was quite obvious that I don't know what onomatopoeia means. :rolleyes:

Autological, maybe not even that, but either way it was literally a shit joke

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He dared to pass it backwards at one point in the first half - felt like most of the home crowd groaned - in the end the pass was the pre-assist for the opener…

He was very fortunate that we went on to score after that pass. 

He was in a great position almost on the edge of the Huddersfield box and had time to take a touch and play forwards but instead just knocked it back to Justin who delivered a crap cross into the box that Huddersfield never dealt with which luckily ended up with us scoring. 

At the time we had created very little. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Guess I’m just fed up of the moronic home crowd booing their own players every time they have the audacity to pass the ball sideways or backwards. 

it’s like most people, even after 26 games, don’t get our system 

Breaking news - enough people don't get our system, and they never will either - it isn't in their interest to change their minds.

30 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I think he’s trying too hard but I also think he’s not really a natural footballer. Everything he does seems forced. Has to line his whole body up before he passes and has to pass dead straight. Drifts about aimlessly. Is usually in the wrong place at the wrong time. He’s slow as I’ve said before, of body and mind. Just cannot see this superstar he was billed as potentially being. 

Still, he’s young, far from home, has a good manager, a good team around him, so maybe he will improve. I certainly hope so. I hate writing any player off too soon, but I have my doubts here. 

So Chelsea’s entire youth coaching setup, Italy’s entire youth coaching setup and Enzo have all missed that this guy is “not really a natural footballer?”

Some selected sections from his Wiki page; 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesare_Casadei

Representing Italy in various youth levels, Casadei received the Golden Ball and the Golden Boot awards in the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cupwith Italy U21.

Rated as one of the most promising Italian talents of his generation, Casadei has been described as a well-rounded and modern midfielder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

So Chelsea’s entire youth coaching setup, Italy’s entire youth coaching setup and Enzo have all missed that this guy is “not really a natural footballer?”

Some selected sections from his Wiki page; 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesare_Casadei

Representing Italy in various youth levels, Casadei received the Golden Ball and the Golden Boot awards in the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cupwith Italy U21.

Rated as one of the most promising Italian talents of his generation, Casadei has been described as a well-rounded and modern midfielder

Do your eyes work mate?  Or do you just take Wiki’s as gospel?

You can see it. It is obvious. He’s not going to be a top talent, simple as that. 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Again the hate is just weird, he’s not the finished article but he’s not our player. I don’t really see a reason to get on his back, and he’s hardly let us down has he? 

Apart from the time he let an Ipswich player stroll past him in the 93rd minute and pop a shot off at goal unchallenged… no :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Apart from the time he let an Ipswich player stroll past him in the 93rd minute and pop a shot off at goal unchallenged… no :whistle:

Not seen much ‘hate’. I’m not sure questioning his ability as a player is hate.  So far he has been very poor in almost all aspects of his game. Is he trying too hard? I postulated that earlier. Lack of confidence?  I don’t think anyone expects him to be the finished product, but I think they do expect him to look like he knows how to play and where to be - putting in the odd tackle and being a bit more robust might be good too. He’s a big lad.