Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

Interesting that Enzo played him as the left 8 in the cup, knowing with Albrighton it’d be a good opportunity to exploit his aerial presence attacking crosses at the back post. Lovely attention to detail! There’s definitely a player in there with Casadei, probably just needs to simplify his game and improve his decision making a bit.

Edited by brookfox

Do we have the option to buy at the end of the season? Or any idea how much he would go for?

I really think he will push on and be a key player for us, he’s probably been judged a bit harshly so far, but we are starting to see signs of the player we thought we were signing in the summer. Now with Ndidi out, I expect him to play most games and this is where we will see what he’s capable of.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Do we have the option to buy at the end of the season? Or any idea how much he would go for?

I really think he will push on and be a key player for us, he’s probably been judged a bit harshly so far, but we are starting to see signs of the player we thought we were signing in the summer. Now with Ndidi out, I expect him to play most games and this is where we will see what he’s capable of.

Fairly certain we don’t have an option to buy nor would Chelsea want to sell him (but it’s Chelsea so who knows!). Probably more realistic if we go up that we could get another season long loan for him so they see how he performs in the Prem.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Heard a rumour that transfer fee expectations are a little high. Chelsea clearly rate his long term value. 

6 hours ago, Eurofox said:

Gerrrimout

Been much better lately and contributed goals and assists. Not as good as Ndidi, but he's out for a while. He stays for the rest of his loan period. 

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Heard a rumour that transfer fee expectations are a little high. Chelsea clearly rate his long term value. 

Been much better lately and contributed goals and assists. Not as good as Ndidi, but he's out for a while. He stays for the rest of his loan period. 

Ndidi found himself again this season, of late due to what I believe were first, little jiggles, he drifted in & out of his last games. Then before the reveal of AFCON woes, the camara coincidently pans over Ndidi Twice at end of his last games speaking to someone ( I don't know him) over a injury issue.. 

Castadei will be seeing a lot more game time.. Though unlike others, 

He's done a reasonable job, 19yr old. making mistakes learning his trade.. 

In a new squad, learning a new system:dunno:.. No worries.. 

We are in squad developement wise in a comfortable position.. Enzo and his team just fill me with confidence handling the squad... Other than the banter, we can't have too much to worry about.. 

Although I might get punched and kicked at but certainly verbally abused for saying this. I think we might see him play as a false 9 in the odd game or two. Sort of would play to his strengths and hopefully means he isn’t dribbling forward too much as his final touch when taking on a player is simply awful; and instead is in the box on the end of crosses. 

On 07/01/2024 at 23:22, brookfox said:

Interesting that Enzo played him as the left 8 in the cup, knowing with Albrighton it’d be a good opportunity to exploit his aerial presence attacking crosses at the back post. Lovely attention to detail! There’s definitely a player in there with Casadei, probably just needs to simplify his game and improve his decision making a bit.

HE just has to go through his apprenticeship... 

HE will grow for/with us, this side(2024) of the season..

Then decision time.. 

Stay & develope.. Guaranteed high %

of games, or Go back to Chelsea compete with 5 others, a chance for superstadom..

I said before Xmas, this guy has and ticks all the boxes, he just needs gametime. He's 20 what do fans expect, outside Ronaldo we have seen few teenagers ( & still rough edges) explode onto the scene. 

Enzo knew what he was getting, raw talent, that would occasionally deliver. 

With Ndidi now injured, not just Afcon, we have a well prept Castadei who, not yet automatic first on teamsheet. Might have to compete with Akgun and Enzo wanting to tinker. But he is proven quality, with somethings to be ironed out.. IMO he wasn't has bad, as some portrayed, just a young kid with rough, ready to show what he could do.. 

Now he has won more plaudits & friends.. He's ready to kick on.. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Although I might get punched and kicked at but certainly verbally abused for saying this. I think we might see him play as a false 9 in the odd game or two. Sort of would play to his strengths and hopefully means he isn’t dribbling forward too much as his final touch when taking on a player is simply awful; and instead is in the box on the end of crosses. 

His movement in the box is fantastic, if Cannon needs taking off or rotating it's an option. I think I'd rather try Casadei up top than Mavididi

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Me and @Ric Flair discussed this last week and he made a good point that his pressing probably isn't good enough for it but other elements of his game going forward mean he'd probably be quite good at scoring goals.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

I'm adamant that if he were to move he'd be unreal! I think we need to be patient because the talent is very clearly there, he's just young! See what happens come the end of the season as he'll get more time now Ndidi is out. CasadeiSZN baby;)

If he is going back at the end of the season, it serves us no benefit to be patient. When you get a loan player in, it isn't with the objective of developing the talent ( although this can be  a nice byproduct of a loan) The main objective is for them to contribute NOW. Ben Nelson, for example, is our player. We should be patient with him, help him develop, give him the game time to develop. Casadei needs to be contributing right now if he's to be in our team. A loan player that is not  contributing to the desired level can not be in the starting 11.

Just now, MPH said:

If he is going back at the end of the season, it serves us no benefit to be patient. When you get a loan player in, it isn't with the objective of developing the talent ( although this can be  a nice byproduct of a loan) The main objective is for them to contribute NOW. Ben Nelson, for example, is our player. We should be patient with him, help him develop, give him the game time to develop. Casadei needs to be contributing right now if he's to be in our team. A loan player that is not  contributing to the desired level can not be in the starting 11.

You can't tell me he's had a massive run of games and I'd say in some of our toughest games, he's shone (e.g Sunderland). It was widely reported that Enzo pushed for him massively so we should trust him. Not to mention I don't think he's got a future at Chelsea, that much should be clear with their scattergun approach to signings!

19 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

You can't tell me he's had a massive run of games and I'd say in some of our toughest games, he's shone (e.g Sunderland). It was widely reported that Enzo pushed for him massively so we should trust him. Not to mention I don't think he's got a future at Chelsea, that much should be clear with their scattergun approach to signings!

He's also been mediocre in some games.

Yes Enzo massively pushed for him, but its Maresca that picks the team not us so if he felt he could manage a long run of games he would have picked him in a long run of games Our primary objective is promotion and Enzo has to pick a team he feels is capable of doing that. We cant afford to pick a loan player who isn't firing on all cylinders, especially as we do have other options..

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

He's also been mediocre in some games.

Yes Enzo massively pushed for him, but its Maresca that picks the team not us so if he felt he could manage a long run of games he would have picked him in a long run of games Our primary objective is promotion and Enzo has to pick a team he feels is capable of doing that. We cant afford to pick a loan player who isn't firing on all cylinders, especially as we do have other options..

I'm intrigued to hear what other options you think we have in that position? Praet's average, injured all the time and wants out, Ndidi is injured, and can't say I've been impressed with Yunus and he's too small. I think Cass has shown more and directly impacted games more. Which brings me to ask you @MPH, do you have the same opinion for Yunus as you do for Casadei?

Just now, TheGoldenGod said:

I'm intrigued to hear what other options you think we have in that position? Praet's average, injured all the time and wants out, Ndidi is injured, and can't say I've been impressed with Yunus and he's too small. I think Cass has shown more and directly impacted games more. Which brings me to ask you @MPH, do you have the same opinion for Yunus as you do for Casadei?

Probably the new guy we are about to sign who plays in that exact position?

Besides, whether you think he is  ' too small' or not, Yunus IS an option. So is playing Hamza deep and bringing winks a bit more forward. But yeah, most likely Sensi who has played for the Italian National team...

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Probably the new guy we are about to sign who plays in that exact position?

Besides, whether you think he is  ' too small' or not, Yunus IS an option. So is playing Hamza deep and bringing winks a bit more forward. But yeah, most likely Sensi who has played for the Italian National team...

Right so the option you're talking about is a player currently employed outside of Leicester City who I happen to believe is a Winks alternative and not really an advanced 8 so I wouldn't have him there either. And I definitely wouldn't play Winks or Hamza in that more creative role either so we just see the situation differently and that's fine.

9 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Right so the option you're talking about is a player currently employed outside of Leicester City who I happen to believe is a Winks alternative and not really an advanced 8 so I wouldn't have him there either. And I definitely wouldn't play Winks or Hamza in that more creative role either so we just see the situation differently and that's fine.

Not all options have to be identical to the players they are replacing. .

Like when you replace Fatawu with  Albrighton. Both wingers but one of them is great at running at the defense and the other will get in a peach of a cross....

You're right in Saying Winks is not really an advanced no.8 but neither was Ndidi before Maresca got hold of him!

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Not all options have to be identical to the players they are replacing. .

Like when you replace Fatawu with  Albrighton. Both wingers but one of them is great at running at the defense and the other will get in a peach of a cross....

Fatawu crossing ability is pretty damn good too!

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Fatawu crossing ability is pretty damn good too!

Yes it is to be fair, but im sure you get my point - no two players are exactly the same. All have different strengths and weaknesses...

On 08/01/2024 at 01:32, brookfox said:

Fairly certain we don’t have an option to buy nor would Chelsea want to sell him (but it’s Chelsea so who knows!). Probably more realistic if we go up that we could get another season long loan for him so they see how he performs in the Prem.

I have my doubts as to whether he will play for Chelseas first team and that is more of a reflection on Chelsea than Casadei.  I'm sure that he would do much better for himself by playing under Maresca at Leicester.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a real possibility we're going to look back on this season and Casadei and be amazed at how much we doubted him. This 2nd half of the season is all set up for him, I think he's going to make a real impact.

People have only doubted him because he has put in a number of appearances where he looked slow, clueless and completely unaware of his surroundings.

If that improves and he looks like a good player, fair enough... buy i wouldn't criticise anyone he thought he might not come good.

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Maybe Enzo took all this into thoughts. football managers and clubs,look at players in a total different way has the fans perspective..Look what he’s got..

Your post insuates Enzo-choice-Castadei failed..but it ain’t..

#A full season to work with a 19yr old who WILL listen and do what he asks

# Potential talent that will translate his ideology on field

# accepting he will have young player flaws

# The whole bloody Leicester city project and all players was a gamble or risk..

# Castadei May have wackle  moments,but I don’t believe he had a bad game.

# He actually did contribute from the beginning…:dunno:

# desired level…Enzo saw his choice grow to that level

## If fans haven’t noticed in 20 games (IMO) more good than bad..Not always used

## Still 20 games plus cup run to go..!!
# Enzo has got the player he wanted out of Castadei and potential more to go.

§ Too many fans concentrate first on errors & mistakes,including how the flow of

their team movement are slowed or breaks down…

Enzo is giving us a totally new aspect and potential,how he sees understands

he wants to see player & ball move…Its all new for everybody involved.

Individual errors,are going to happen,but Enzo even covered that

in his tactics talk.. Transitions being held back and redistribution of movement.

At present I believe it’s wiser as a fan,just to sit back and enjoy another Leicester

Story developing and yes take the cracks & indifferent form,mistakes and errors.

Especially has few saw,the success we are having..

Opinions how players performed is more than ok,but not just throwing out that 

Players will never be up to the task and everyweek pushing put downs.