Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think you might be in the minority today, could be wrong, but felt he was ok today, got around a bit. There were far bigger villains on show today, that's for sure!

He was trusted to cover between two positions that second half and that was no easy task.

The fact he won the header high up for Cannon’s chance and was then defending in our box as Coventry broke the other way immediately afterwards shows he has an engine and desire.

He also has HEIGHT - something we lack, especially when Ndidi’s not with us! 

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 2

Despite me thinking he did alright today, he probably should have been the fall guy for the red. Maybe get someone like Yunus on who is a bit tidier on the ball, can move out left for balance, and keeps the Mavididi threat on. 

I thought the game passed him by a bit if I’m being honest. The number 8 is such a key role in this system and particularly when the wingers are being occupied, they have to step up and it just didn’t happen for him today. 

7 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Some people seem determined to make sympathetic excuses for him but we have surely seen enough now to know that Casadei is a footballer of unexceptional ability who is decent in the air but slow, physically weak, easy to dispossess and lacking in creativity.

If we had two No8s of his modest calibre playing week in week out we would not be where we are in the table. Not even close.

No I've been very critical of him but I criticise when it's appropriate and I don't think he did anything to be that critical of today. Fatawu was poor pre-red, Stephy was lethargic and despite the pen KDH was a bit AWOL too.

My big thing all season has been that we shouldn't be developing players we have no intention of buying, our aim is promotion so we should be getting players in that are the finished article (Winks) or experienced in achieving our goal (Coady)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Despite me thinking he did alright today, he probably should have been the fall guy for the red. Maybe get someone like Yunus on who is a bit tidier on the ball, can move out left for balance, and keeps the Mavididi threat on. 

M

I thought he was growing in the game…Initiated some nice moves,but the Red card put a stopper also in other players game…

I agreed with the Mcateer sub,but not how we played.

Castadei,On 60 minutes I would of subbed..but like my future posts on this weekend.. Bad day at the office for all..

No player today wanted to take the front foot attitude and let

the game develope without with nobody taking responsibility…

Castadei could have grabbed it by the neck,but also others.

10 men was not the reason we lost…

12 minutes ago, iancognito said:

No I've been very critical of him but I criticise when it's appropriate and I don't think he did anything to be that critical of today. Fatawu was poor pre-red, Stephy was lethargic and despite the pen KDH was a bit AWOL too.

My big thing all season has been that we shouldn't be developing players we have no intention of buying, our aim is promotion so we should be getting players in that are the finished article (Winks) or experienced in achieving our goal (Coady)

I agree with you..  but I have zero faith in Casadei being up to the task of filling Ndidi’s boots for the next three months. That’s what concerns me. Promotion-winning teams can’t afford to carry passengers.

5 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I agree with you..  but I have zero faith in Casadei being up to the task of filling Ndidi’s boots for the next three months. That’s what concerns me. Promotion-winning teams can’t afford to carry passengers.

Hamza would be better in my opinion. At least he tries and knows how to tackle. Bit rough at the finer stuff but a better player. 

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
43 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Get your theory, however, I don't really rate Yunus, also Casadei wins a lot of headers in decisive areas.  I get negativity but he's a young lad and I think he is a star in the making...just an opinion

21 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Get your theory, however, I don't really rate Yunus, also Casadei wins a lot of headers in decisive areas.  I get negativity but he's a young lad and I think he is a star in the making...just an opinion

Don't think we've seen signs of a star in his time with us, but very young and will no doubt improve. Think we've seen glimpses of a player but he's often looked the weak link in a team dominating the league (not today though!)

I'm seemingly in the minority but I thought today was one of his most complete performances since he's been here. 

He came away from scoring in the first half.

I was impressed with his defensive tracking; he definitely has improved his tactical concentration. 

He did make a poor decision when it was 2-1 though in shooting when he should've played McAteer through. 

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
13 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Don't think we've seen signs of a star in his time with us, but very young and will no doubt improve. Think we've seen glimpses of a player but he's often looked the weak link in a team dominating the league (not today though!)

Fair comment mate