Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

2 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

I just don't see him being a better player than Dennis Praet. Praet was never a world beater but didn't look out of place when he played on the Prem. This kid just doesn't do it for me, my heart always sinks when I see his face !

Doesn't matter as Praet is never fit for more than one game.

Edited by coolhandfox

Our most disappointing loan signing since Tete…. I thought he would be one of the best players in this league….. seems a passenger most games, does the odd thing well….. he won’t ever kick a ball in the Chelsea first team, that’s for sure 

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

Our most disappointing loan signing since Tete…. I thought he would be one of the best players in this league….. seems a passenger most games, does the odd thing well….. he won’t ever kick a ball in the Chelsea first team, that’s for sure 

Harsh. He's what, just turned 21? Players develop differently; they aren't all Rooneys. I don't think KDH had kicked a ball for the first team when he was the age Casadei is now, and he's become a useful player.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

This has Harry Kane written all over it lol 

• Haha 1

Ignoring this 50 shot challenge.. 

Castadei though scoring in his first game and then not really hitting the ground running early doors, has slowly

proved his worth to team & squad. 

We have played 27 games, he has been involved from less.

Are you lot seriously saying after ca. 18 games, where he has played OK, had a couple of Mom performances, you can judge a players

Future in the negative and deny not being an asset to the squad.?? 

If Chelsea & Castadei agreed, I would take him on loan again next season. 

A piece of reality, I am not too sure how

our  FFP shadow will follow us, and what our Finances are towards investment, but by the EOS this guy would have built up his experience found his own  happy ground and will be a great asset to the squad..

In this slot his position nobody is going to do 38 games, plus any cup runs. We will need from getgo players that can immediately mesh into the squad, that's why I would still take Praet, Castadei, Akun, Ndidi into that PL challenge. If by all surprises we can bolster our squad with 1-3 quality players, and then have a choice, Castadei/Ndidi would be the ones at this moment I would fight to keep.. 

By EOS, my view might change. 

From our present position, and Enzo/ club can conjure something up, then my hard replacements would be

First priorities in this order.. 

1..a player that covers Winks,

but slot into other midfield role.

2. Another young striker

3 Another experienced CB.    

yonger than Coady. 

4.Utility player for Bline & Midfield

Before all those points , and knowing we will have FFP suppressed season, keeping Enzo will be paramount. 

Predicting if our squad can't cut it in the PL is hogwash, first let's get promotion.

Then see what our alternatives are through the course of the  summer..

WE ARE NOT  going to be nonchently able to pick and choose.. Plus by encouragement, we need to support the owners and set up, in the background, unless it outrageously goes off course... 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Shocked at some of the replies.  He’s scored two goals and one at the Cup. He’s just turned 21.  He gives us an aerial advantage, which is clearly not a common here.  He’s has an impressive early playing history…and now he’s not even good enough for the championship?  Casadei is clearly learning English Football, which is quite different from others he’s accustomed to.  I remember when Rush went to Juventus in the 80’s and couldn’t score a goal to save his life.  People need to adapt.  That’s a fact! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Shocked at some of the replies.  He’s scored two goals and one at the Cup. He’s just turned 21.  He gives us an aerial advantage, which is clearly not a common here.  He’s has an impressive early playing history…and now he’s not even good enough for the championship?  Casadei is clearly learning English Football, which is quite different from others he’s accustomed to.  I remember when Rush went to Juventus in the 80’s and couldn’t score a goal to save his life.  People need to adapt.  That’s a fact! 

Didn’t he play last season on loan at Reading ? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Didn’t he play last season on loan at Reading ? 

He did indeed. However, on asking my Reading supporting colleague what he thought of him, he didn't even know who he was 😅. Which perhaps shows the impact he had in his first season in the Championship.

I think Casadei is raw, but he's getting better. That's only going to improve with game time. He's probably the best at "crashing the penalty box" and quite unlucky not to have scored a couple more goals this season. He's far from the finished article, but a good option for us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Joined a dreadful relegation bound (soon to be non existent) Reading in January, hardly a comfortable start to mens football I'd suggest! 

Not everyone has a comfortable start but nonetheless half a season playing regularly in first team English football before he joined us which was my point really, referencing the earlier post that he needs more time to adapt 

I’m undecided about him at present but hardly wet behind the ears to experiencing the English game 

20 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Not everyone has a comfortable start but nonetheless half a season playing regularly in first team English football before he joined us which was my point really, referencing the earlier post that he needs more time to adapt 

I’m undecided about him at present but hardly wet behind the ears to experiencing the English game 

I'd argue 5 months in a new environment, and probably not a good one at that (see signings we made in January on our way to relegation) is nowhere near enough time to adapt to senior football in any league

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

I'd argue 5 months in a new environment, and probably not a good one at that (see signings we made in January on our way to relegation) is nowhere near enough time to adapt to senior football in any league

IMO you can’t just ignore the time he had at Chelsea beforehand in relation to his exposure to English football. I’m not arguing although it’s clear we have a different viewpoint on this particular matter 

52 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't care what his age is, from our point of view, he is not one for the future, he was signed for here and now because he will be gone in May.   

The Championship is littered with 21 year old loanees from PL clubs that hit the ground running.  It is a tried and tested development path.  CC has been a real disappointment.

Don’t take it personally but they’ll ignore this key point. Doesn’t seem to matter how many times it’s written, someone will start carping on about his age again and how he will become a good player at some undetermined point in the future.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

He is a young lad who is back up, loaned to save cash.

I think he was actually signed to play first team.  Many of us thought that this signing was quite a coup and certainly Chelsea would have loaned him expecting him to  play, but sadly he just hasn't cut the mustard.  

• Like 2

A cliché on here I know but I just can't help but feeling that he's going to come good. He has a real presence on the pitch and can move quickly given his size. Agree with a few points on here but I think if he can stay in the team whilst Ndidi is out I think he'll only improve in that time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

IMO you can’t just ignore the time he had at Chelsea beforehand in relation to his exposure to English football. I’m not arguing although it’s clear we have a different viewpoint on this particular matter 

Youth football is still quite different to the men's game, for me I don't want to write a player off who's barely 12 months into the senior game. It's an incredibly small percentage of players who step up from youth football to anywhere near a similar level in the men's game. We have a differing opinion regarding Cesare's development and that's not a problem, I didn't mean argue as in let's have an argument 🤝

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

But he's almost two thirds of the way though his loan. Same with Yunus, they need to start pulling up some trees pretty soon or they'll be very forgettable loan spells. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But he's almost two thirds of the way though his loan. Same with Yunus, they need to start pulling up some trees pretty soon or they'll be very forgettable loan spells. 

Got a feeling that we're happy to be patient with Casadei. The potential is there. Can see us taking him on loan again next season in the Premier League as he certainly won't be getting in Chelsea's side. Maresca might be happy to play the long game as we can possibly see Chelsea making another lapse of judgement on a promising young talent - sign him, loan him out a few times and then sell for below market value. Hopefully we benefit from that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Got a feeling that we're happy to be patient with Casadei. The potential is there. Can see us taking him on loan again next season in the Premier League as he certainly won't be getting in Chelsea's side. Maresca might be happy to play the long game as we can possibly see Chelsea making another lapse of judgement on a promising young talent - sign him, loan him out a few times and then sell for below market value. Hopefully we benefit from that.  

Chelsea are famously very good at getting good fees for their unwanted stockpile of youth players. We won't get him on the cheap if we get him at all. 

• Like 1