Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Rotherham (A) - 26 Aug 23 - Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Aren’t these considered the worst team in the league….? 

A goal for one of our strikers would be nice. 

I mean, they have the same points as Cardiff who nearly snatched something today and Boro who were one of the pre-season favourites, so it's dangerous to call anyone in the Bunfight League the worst team.

That said, you'd be disappointed to drop points to them 🙂

• Like 1

I’d want to spread some minutes around for a couple and would give KDH, Wanya-Smilin’ and Doyle a blow :-

Mads

Faes   Vesty Justin

Ricardo Winks 

Albrighton Butch N’Didi  Mavididi

Iheanacho

4 hours ago, iancognito said:

I mean, they have the same points as Cardiff who nearly snatched something today and Boro who were one of the pre-season favourites, so it's dangerous to call anyone in the Bunfight League the worst team.

That said, you'd be disappointed to drop points to them 🙂

Yeah but we're Leicester City a champions league side just two seasons ago. We're gonna batter them innit!

5 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Aren’t these considered the worst team in the league….? 

A goal for one of our strikers would be nice. 

No that’s Sheffield Wednesday. You could argue they are the smallest club in the division though. Done well to compete. 

Seen us drop points in Rotherham within a promotion season 

• Like 1

Well we've being playing ok to doggo so far and won so I think we are due to play well soon, then lose! Also aren't these bottom so it's like a tradition of ours to lose to the team at the bottom although usually at home! Ah chuff knows, this division is bonkers. 

These will be tougher than people expect. But we should still be going there looking for a win.

I’m looking forward to it, new ground to visit for me and our first league game against Rotherham in nearly 20 years.

7 hours ago, lnkstern said:

Honestly, as a Yank who hasn't really ever followed the Championship very closely, I know almost nothing about Rotherham United.

But we have a week to discuss them.

Have at it!

A short history

Edited by HybridFox
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We're not free flowing enough to suggest we'll score more than twice. It would be nice to see Hermandsen get a clean sheet.

At this stage I'm still very much happy for any sort of win, I don't see how Maresca gets the players he needs in so it's likely we're quite workmanlike for a good chunk of the season so keep those wins totting up and hope it gets us in the mix come the end of it.

This - just find ways to keep winning in any way - he hasn’t got the tools he wants yet for us to be free flowing and beautiful  - keep grinding them out and all is good in the world 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 1