Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Rotherham (A) - 26 Aug 23 - Pre-Match Thread

I'd imagine the wingers are coming in regardless, we've moved on Victor and I'd imagine their confident on a couple of others.

I'm hoping he's hinting at moving on daka and souttar to bring in a forward and centre back. No idea who, but so far so good, so I'm sure whoever would improve us.

Rotherham game.. I fancy a 2-0 win, but another scrappy 1 goal margin will do fine whilst we're still unsettled

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

How many times realistically have we been denied a clear goal due to the ref/linesman making a mistake? 

It used to happen maybe once a season and it would probably even itself out - either on the day as the ref finds a way to give benefit of the doubt later on, or over the season.

It hasn't improved with VAR - in fact I'd say VAR ends up costing teams like us more due to the Big Club Conspiracy. They'll find a way to rule out a marginal goal if they want to.

The tiny number of matches where the ref had a genuine shocker versus the downsides of VAR - I know which I prefer

My thoughts before after VAR havent changed much..

touchline Monitor for Ref …yes

VAR Studio in Antarctic warehouse…NO

6 VAR monitor refs No

Ref to openly discuss with his linesmen yes

2 more linesmen fit people next to field of play yes. ,not VAR Sofa-addicts

These will get rid of the need of an expensive wasted descisions studio.

And excuse for technical hiccups,from heaven.

Ref ONLY makes descision..after Linesman feedback & 4th VAR-official in stadium.

>technical-problem< reverts to ref..no 10 minutes loss.

offside.:-

.no Millimeters/toes/elbow offside..partial seen  to full body offside.Every defender would be happy with that like the old days..defending a certain eyeball space.

& no media yes buts. What might of beens…It stays what it stays..Any coincidental borderline missed phase of play by officials ..Ref/Var-official/Linesman .

2 minute Max for descision, no close maybes,on body position.

Dangerous Play , no due guard to care or attention.

This will always remain a difficult call &  issue.

Ref, monitor..his descision, with linesman .not wired up when looking..

Handball.
recognised attempt to block./ ball change of direction. Hand/arm going to ball .

Time to react..??

Plus there will always be the close ones from various perspectives..

Refs/linesmen call

General

Authorities keep out of desciscions, Ref is on gameday God,with flexability to change descion..

Ref Not to be underminded from his authorities during and shortly after game..Ref / linesman should receive an high degree of respect.

But like today & before VAR,will also be monitored for judgement points.

Yellow cards from Tag x for players,encroaching refs/linesmen’s space after a descision is made. It might take a couple of seasons,with some players learning to

hold in a 50 yr ingrained egoistic reaction..Managers have to learn from getgo..

Injuries.

Players have to be responsible to move themselves,from field of play

Ref should stop game,totally with minutes shown on stadium clock if players continually go down leading up to EOG.And go to Bench and give management Bench 1 stadium warning. Carries on ,whole Bench of coaches Red carded,to their changing rooms,taking no further part in game.Manager receives 2 game ban.

VAR has been deliberately mishandled,to carry on the ref-abuse game,supported from all FA authorities,from 100s of their countries lack of sportsmanship characteristic,, No fines, but credit losses towards present,next/ future competition/ qualification participation

But pie in the sky…All authorities & FAs are corrupt,even if some are just starting out on their big adventures..They all want a big piece of the pie..o

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
4 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Personally I am happy to take the rough with the smooth.

I honestly didn't realise until this season how much VAR had interfered with my enjoyment of the game. So much better without.

I agree that personal abuse towards officials needs ousting from the game - I think the media play a big part in this and need to be better - but I absolutely reserve the right to call the referee a cretin in the match thread :sweating:

This. Happy to have the odd wrong call not to have the most important moment in football - a goal when the fans can release their emotions - ruined by video referees.

19 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

This. Happy to have the odd wrong call not to have the most important moment in football - a goal when the fans can release their emotions - ruined by video referees.

I said to my lad in the minutes after the winner on Saturday how great it was knowing that VAR wouldn't be all over it. If that had been in the PL the celebrations would've been muted as we knew what might be coming. I couldn't be sure what had happened from my side on view other than it was a goal cos' the ref said so. A stoppage time winner is the best and needs to be celebrated correctly. Shame for the early leavers that missed it. 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

“We have to move players out to bring others in”

Literally two boys sat on a plane ready to sign up lol 

Kristiansen pretty much done.

Deal in pipeline for Daka. Likewise for Castagne. 

Yes they may not be over the line, but we must be pretty confident 3 will be leaving.

Plus Soumare at some point 🤞🏽

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:
5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If window closes now, would you be happy with squad?

“We are too many men. We have 28, 29, 30 players. I played for 20 years, I can understand, if you feel you are second choice or third choice, you are not happy. You train every day because you want to play football. When you are second choice or third choice, you don’t feel good. So probably because they don’t get minutes, they are thinking to leave because they want to enjoy football.”

We need some more girls in here!

Enzo not happy with the total sausage fest at the training ground.

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

My thoughts before after VAR havent changed much..

touchline Monitor for Ref …yes

VAR Studio in Antarctic warehouse…NO

6 VAR monitor refs No

Ref to openly discuss with his linesmen yes

2 more linesmen fit people next to field of play yes. ,not VAR Sofa-addicts

These will get rid of the need of an expensive wasted descisions studio.

And excuse for technical hiccups,from heaven.

Ref ONLY makes descision..after Linesman feedback & 4th VAR-official in stadium.

>technical-problem< reverts to ref..no 10 minutes loss.

offside.:-

.no Millimeters/toes/elbow offside..partial seen  to full body offside.Every defender would be happy with that like the old days..defending a certain eyeball space.

& no media yes buts. What might of beens…It stays what it stays..Any coincidental borderline missed phase of play by officials ..Ref/Var-official/Linesman .

2 minute Max for descision, no close maybes,on body position.

Dangerous Play , no due guard to care or attention.

This will always remain a difficult call &  issue.

Ref, monitor..his descision, with linesman .not wired up when looking..

Handball.
recognised attempt to block./ ball change of direction. Hand/arm going to ball .

Time to react..??

Plus there will always be the close ones from various perspectives..

Refs/linesmen call

General

Authorities keep out of desciscions, Ref is on gameday God,with flexability to change descion..

Ref Not to be underminded from his authorities during and shortly after game..Ref / linesman should receive an high degree of respect.

But like today & before VAR,will also be monitored for judgement points.

Yellow cards from Tag x for players,encroaching refs/linesmen’s space after a descision is made. It might take a couple of seasons,with some players learning to

hold in a 50 yr ingrained egoistic reaction..Managers have to learn from getgo..

Injuries.

Players have to be responsible to move themselves,from field of play

Ref should stop game,totally with minutes shown on stadium clock if players continually go down leading up to EOG.And go to Bench and give management Bench 1 stadium warning. Carries on ,whole Bench of coaches Red carded,to their changing rooms,taking no further part in game.Manager receives 2 game ban.

VAR has been deliberately mishandled,to carry on the ref-abuse game,supported from all FA authorities,from 100s of their countries lack of sportsmanship characteristic,, No fines, but credit losses towards present,next/ future competition/ qualification participation

But pie in the sky…All authorities & FAs are corrupt,even if some are just starting out on their big adventures..They all want a big piece of the pie..o

When I read your more epic posts, my cerebrum starts to writhe inside my skull.  It’s pretty much the same experience as taking six tabs of blotter acid and trying to read Ulysses.

But you certainly contribute your own viewpoint and a totally unique posting style.  I know a fuchsntf post when I see one.  And I like that.

So imagine my surprise as I was scanning the pre-match thread on the Rotherham forum, and … have you been two-timing us?  Or do you have a doppelganger in Australia?

Fuchs-like.JPG.7e8167b270b74a59814c157ab71cab59.JPG

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1

Another great test today. 

We should dominate the ball and I'm hoping we can create a number of goal scoring opportunities. 

I'm feeling confident which is usually not a good sign. 

The Team nearly picks itself at the moment 

Mads 

Ricky Faes Vesty Doyle 

Winks KDH 

Casadei 

Madi      Mavididi 

Kelechi 

COYB 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

18 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Whenever I see an actual fox in the days leading up to a game it's nearly always a good omen.

So you went for the best part of August 2022 - May 2023 without seeing any whatsoever?

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

So you went for the best part of August 2022 - May 2023 without seeing any whatsoever?

Possibly. There were more hedgehogs during that time, so perhaps they're a bad omen and I should have killed the one I narrowly avoided after mistaking it for a paper bag after all

17 hours ago, hejammy said:

Vestergaard, Praet, Ndidi, Iheanacho - assurances they won't be sold?

“The window market is open. Anything can happen. I can say this player is important and then the club receive a big, big offer, probably we need to think a different thing. For sure, the club knows very well what I think about all of them and how important they are.”

Clearly talking about Nacho here - I do hope that he doesn't go - could actually mean the difference between Automatic Promotion and not!

Regardless of who comes in to replace him, it’ll take time for integration. We need him more than the money this season. Daka on the other hand needs to go.

16 hours ago, KFS said:

“We have to move players out to bring others in”

Literally two boys sat on a plane ready to sign up lol 

Neither have been announced, those planes have been circling the East Midlands waiting for the signal to land. Right team Kristiansen has signed for Bologna we can land.

On 20/08/2023 at 10:47, Fox92 said:

Incredibly harsh. They are overachieving just by being in the Championship alone given their small budget and their best players always leaving. If they can survive again it will be a good achievement for them.

They have a decent history for the size of their club and fanbase and only recently won the Football League Trophy. Yeah, not much to clubs like us or Leeds but it is to clubs such as Rotherham. They are far from "bland mediocrity" and even if they were football isn't about supporting the team who wins everything.

Yeah but anything is made interesting to you by being from the north 😛

17 hours ago, Simonb said:

I'd imagine the wingers are coming in regardless, we've moved on Victor and I'd imagine their confident on a couple of others.

I'm hoping he's hinting at moving on daka and souttar to bring in a forward and centre back. No idea who, but so far so good, so I'm sure whoever would improve us.

Rotherham game.. I fancy a 2-0 win, but another scrappy 1 goal margin will do fine whilst we're still unsettled

1-3 cesare mavididi and kdh. 

19 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Problem is..we let those wild villages, Groby,Syston,Wigston & Birstall into our boundaries…Braunstone & Humberstone were bad enough..but since those dark descision days..”Leicester”  pronounciation has flown out & over the cuckoos nest.

Oi!! I'm from Groby!