Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Rotherham (A) - 26 Aug 23 - Pre-Match Thread

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Think today it either clicks and we obliterate these 4/5-0. Or, our luck runs out and we get a reality check. Just feels balanced between the two for me. 

So probably end 2-2. 🤣

Yeh, I agree.

On the face of it, looks good we have 3 wins out of 3 but I don't think we've looked convincing in any of them. In fact all of them we have got away with shocking finishing from the opposition.

• Like 4

I'd be surprised if anyone we have played so far has come away and thought we were actually good, rather than just fortunate.

I think it's quite evident that in the second half of every game so far, the opposition has come straight at us. It's as if it takes the first half for them to realise we aren't as good as they feared, and that we are more than beatable.

We have got away with it so far by being more clinical than the opposition,  which, of course is a positive, but we can't rely upon being just a bit less sh1t than the team we are playing all season.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

On 22/08/2023 at 10:43, CosbehFox said:

Scouting notes from extended highlights of their game v Sunderland and short highlights of their other fixtures. 

• Scored a fine goal to take lead at Sunderland. Really good footballing move. Cafu formerly of Forest ticks them over and a good set piece taker. Odoffin has scored 2 from 3 in the league and looks handy finishing. 
  • 4-3-3 system but it looks a very true 4-3-3. ie the front three are located centrally. 
  • Left-back looks a weak spot for them. Cohen Bramall constantly caught out. Positional sense looks poor leaves space behind him. The old aim for the by-line and cutback trick has given opposition goals. 
  • Their game v Sunderland will share a pattern with our game. They let them have a lot of the ball. 
  • Defensive line still appeared high on occasions. 
  • They can lose the ball in transition and the defensive line then backs off. The penalty of their 4-3-3 system is that it seems to afford a no.10 type player a lot of space. Dack, Bellingham and Pritchard for Sunderland afforded lots of space. 
  • Defence lacked that cover in those areas. 
  • They utilise Jordan Hugill as a focal point - going direct to him for Odoffin and Green. Odoffin is their preferred source of attack. He came off in 29th minute though on Saturday. He's very likely to be out injured and they have quite an injury list now. Although Onyendima is back after his red card. 

Enzo sign me up as your opposition analysis 

Edited by CosbehFox

The late winner almost felt inevitable yesterday. That's a nice feeling to have but we do need have more urgency and a clinical edge so we don't have to keep relying on the late heroics. Fantastic start to the season results wise and if we can improve performances we're looking like certain promotion contenders