Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Rotherham (A) - 26 Aug 23 - Pre-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

no Var is one of the god sends of the championship 

we can celebrate goals like in the olds days … with passion and gusto , and no music 

I see his appointment as a bonus he will have to be very focused and try get it right, he is actually a decent ref to be honest 

Can play either way 

the inexperienced championship refs may be a little star struck by us whereas the PL ones will be more inclined to avoid seeming to give us too many decisions 

or alternatively ……..

I'm in such a weird mind frame with us right now. On the one hand I don't particularly rate us too highly but I also expect us to win pretty much every week. 

When I say I don't particularly rate us I think we're still very much a work in progress so it's hard to judge and the early game performances have been mixed to say the least. I'm just glad we're picking up wins whilst we're learning 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm in such a weird mind frame with us right now. On the one hand I don't particularly rate us too highly but I also expect us to win pretty much every week. 

When I say I don't particularly rate us I think we're still very much a work in progress so it's hard to judge and the early game performances have been mixed to say the least. I'm just glad we're picking up wins whilst we're learning 

"We're boring, boring Leicester" ;)

• Like 2

On 24/08/2023 at 08:24, Leicesterpool said:

Love the idea of no var. Goal goes in, the linesman flags down... it's a goal simple as. 

How many times realistically have we been denied a clear goal due to the ref/linesman making a mistake? 

It used to happen maybe once a season and it would probably even itself out - either on the day as the ref finds a way to give benefit of the doubt later on, or over the season.

It hasn't improved with VAR - in fact I'd say VAR ends up costing teams like us more due to the Big Club Conspiracy. They'll find a way to rule out a marginal goal if they want to.

The tiny number of matches where the ref had a genuine shocker versus the downsides of VAR - I know which I prefer

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iran said:

Personally think Casadei will get his first start against Tramere, but who knows? :dunno:

He'd talked non stop about wanting midfielders who get in the box, he specifically stated that "with Cesare, you don't have to tell him", he was one of Enzo's top priority targets, he gave him his debut first chance he could and he immediately came on and scored the winner. 

I'll be genuinely shocked if he isn't the first name on the team sheet for the majority of the rest of the season. 

Actually baffled if he doesn't start ahead of Praet or Ndidi tomorrow. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

IMG_0146.thumb.jpeg.8fabd77152fc91394531f6ed7ae2d5c1.jpeg

We need at least a couple of goals and to put in a fluid performance against these to feel confident we are heading in the right direction.

Winning games when not at your best is an important skill that I have very much been enjoying, but our xG has not been good so far this season and without exceptional players you will always regress to the mean.

On 24/08/2023 at 10:54, Fox92 said:

Until we concede an important goal that's clearly offside and then everybody moans at how bad the decision is.

Can't have it both ways.

I don't like VAR, but if you want to accept the decision then abuse towards the officials needs to stop.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Until the linesman flags offside incorrectly and a legit goal is disallowed...

Personally I am happy to take the rough with the smooth.

I honestly didn't realise until this season how much VAR had interfered with my enjoyment of the game. So much better without.

I agree that personal abuse towards officials needs ousting from the game - I think the media play a big part in this and need to be better - but I absolutely reserve the right to call the referee a cretin in the match thread :sweating:

• Like 1

On 21/08/2023 at 14:22, Finnegan said:

This is 50% completely accurate and 50% completely rubbish, purely because of how much of an enigma Iheanacho is. 

I'm pretty convinced every time the ball is played towards him, somewhere the AI that runs the simulation that is our lives flips a coin. 

On a heads, he's going to be world class, his touch will be superb, he'll kill the ball instantly, glide past two defenders and slide an absolutely exquisite through ball between two more and we'll score. 

On a tails, the ball will immediately ricochet off him, it'll take him six touches to get it under control, he'll "dribble" ten yards with the ball bouncing between the ground and his knee and then he'll shank it in to row AD.

And he'll do both in the space of five minutes, let alone five games. 

It's completely inexplicable. It's even his vision and decision making. We've seen him make some absolutely sensational pick outs like a peak world class 10 and play some really inventive passes to play people in. We've also seen him ignore half his team in open positions to take a silly low percentage shot. 

I think if forced I'd have to describe Iheanacho as having terrible ball control but being great striking a football (passing or shooting) but then I've also witnessed him turn a defender inside out with a great bit of trickery and last year, all year, he completely failed to match his xG demonstrating a really disappointing streak of inaccurate finishing. 

So basically, yeah. Enigma. Love him but he's one of the most bonkers players we've ever had. There's only one guarantee, if he starts games he'll score assist more often than he won't and "terrible footballer" is a ridiculous statement. 

I've never thought of him in that category, sounds like schlupp/Lloyd Dyer type enigma. Probably more finny watching schlepping run all the way down the wing for a corner from left back than watch iheanacho bounce it off his knee from 8 yards out though.