Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

8 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

I haven’t seen many positive posts from you about Iheanacho tbh. Just lots of praise for Daka and some toxicity for poor Sharkey and Dennis. 😂

Yeah I used to write quite a lot about Iheanacho at the point where people were routinely booing him and calling him shit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Those who say we should cash in because he has one year left on his contract, that is a fair point given the debacles of Tielemans and Soyuncu.

But we simply objectively won't be able to get a player that is better than Iheanacho. The stats back that statement up. The only player in recent years that is comparable statistically was Alexsandr Mitrovic the season he scored 40 goals or something crazy like that.

Sure, but we wouldn't have been able to get a winger better than Barnes or a playmaker better than Maddison. Its where we are right now. But imho, Barnes and Maddison where much better players for us than Nacho.

We don't really know what the player or the manager want, or how Enzo feels about Nacho's effort in training and approach to the system. I was surprised on Saturday to see Nacho completely hoodied up after the game and couldn't get away fast enough. He was the only player i saw do that. We are all make the assumptions based on his purple patch rather than how is training etc now.

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Do we honestly believe Iheanacho will average a goal every other game for us? He’s inconsistent and a frustrating player. His best season for us, was when he played in a two with Vardy. He’s maybe better a false 9 or even a 10, however does he have the work rate to play the Maresca system? Additionally looking at working relationships, he’s clearly close to Ndidi, who’s own future is debatable. If he goes, how does that impact him? 

Lots do. I don't know anymore. Before preseason the many were saying he would bag for fun but in the league bar hitting the post we aren't there yet. I can't keep getting over excited about doing it against League 1/2 sides in the cup. He scored 9 in the last 2 prem seasons even though he made 54 appearances (yes Rodgers blah, blah). I personally think its his point to prove right now rather than all of us just assuming that if we start him for a few games its going to click. I wish he would take it!

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I hope he stays but I am surprised someone in the top leagues doesn't realise what an underrated and undervalued player Kelechi is.

I suppose i finish off with i hope he stays too. But that i hope he stays as part of a new deal rather than running the contract down which i think puts us in a precarious position.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Sure, but we wouldn't have been able to get a winger better than Barnes or a playmaker better than Maddison. Its where we are right now. But imho, Barnes and Maddison where much better players for us than Nacho.

We don't really know what the player or the manager want, or how Enzo feels about Nacho's effort in training and approach to the system. I was surprised on Saturday to see Nacho completely hoodied up after the game and couldn't get away fast enough. He was the only player i saw do that. We are all make the assumptions based on his purple patch rather than how is training etc now.

Lots do. I don't know anymore. Before preseason the many were saying he would bag for fun but in the league bar hitting the post we aren't there yet. I can't keep getting over excited about doing it against League 1/2 sides in the cup. He scored 9 in the last 2 prem seasons even though he made 54 appearances (yes Rodgers blah, blah). I personally think its his point to prove right now rather than all of us just assuming that if we start him for a few games its going to click. I wish he would take it!

I suppose i finish off with i hope he stays too. But that i hope he stays as part of a new deal rather than running the contract down which i think puts us in a precarious position.

Why do people judge players who come off the bench by number of appearances? Clearly an appearance of 20 minutes at the end of the game is not the same as 70 minutes at the start. It seems that youre misrepresenting the information to prove your own agenda.

Iheanacho got 9 goals 10 assists in 2350 minutes over the last two seasons, which is a goal contribution every 123.7 minutes which is very good. You cant really do much more when the manager refuses to give you adequate minutes.

Edit: before you say it's easier to score regulalry at the end of games as players are tired, Iheanacho scores for us more regularly when he starts, so it's not the case for him.

Edited by honeybradger

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Why do people judge players who come off the bench by number of appearances? Clearly an appearance of 20 minutes at the end of the game is not the same as 70 minutes at the start. It seems that youre misrepresenting the information to prove your own agenda.

Iheanacho got 9 goals 10 assists in 2350 minites over the last two seasons, which is a goal contribution every 123.7 minutes which is very good. You cant really do much more when the manager refuses to give you adequate minutes.

Edit: before you say it's easier to score regulalry at the end of games as players are tired, Iheanacho scores for us more regulalry when he starts, so it's not the case for him.

You missed the 'Rodgers blah blah' bit from my post. I've not seen a stat that shows Nacho scores as regularly when he starts - only the minutes per goal which like it or not is a skewed statistic. As a spectator over the last few seasons, baring a few games, i've felt he has not had as good games when he starts. But I personally believe that everything else in my post is reasonable. I think he does the point to prove and i don't believe he deserves to let us run his contract down. New deal - stay, no deal we sell if there is a buyer.

36 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

You missed the 'Rodgers blah blah' bit from my post. I've not seen a stat that shows Nacho scores as regularly when he starts - only the minutes per goal which like it or not is a skewed statistic. As a spectator over the last few seasons, baring a few games, i've felt he has not had as good games when he starts. But I personally believe that everything else in my post is reasonable. I think he does the point to prove and i don't believe he deserves to let us run his contract down. New deal - stay, no deal we sell if there is a buyer.

Ive just had a look and 15 out of 19 of his goal contributions in the last 2 seasons have come when he starts games. 15 goals and assists in 24 starts.

You're right the data is skewed, the minutes he's gotten from substitutions makes his minutes per goal contribution worse. As a starter Iheanacho has been incredibly effective for us up front over the last 2 seasons.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's started 105 games for us, played 112 nineties, scored 56 goals and made 31 assists. 

If he's not tearing this division apart there's something wrong with the supply we're giving him or the role he's being asked to play.

Bang on, especially when you look at his record in cup games vs lower league opposition. I do have a concern about this system though and Maresca seems more averse to having two up front than any other manager we've had since Iheanacho has been here.

15 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Tanner reporting Ihenacho was one of the six who changed in his mind and decided to stay at the club, but may be tempted by PL interest. 

https://theathletic.com/4795824/2023/08/23/what-leicester-have-left-to-do-in-the-2023-transfer-window/?source=emp_shared_article

My takeaway from that article is that there is a strong chance that most of the players currently being excluded from the matchday squad will still be with us when the window shuts.

• Like 2

I think Kel works perfectly for this tactic, but we need to play the ball into his feet far quicker. Against Cardiff there were so many times that Vestegaard especially could have played through a gap into his feet and then the attack can start. Yeah at times it will break down but get him bringing people into play.

I also think Casadei being far happier to run in behind will free up more space for Kel to roam

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I used to write quite a lot about Iheanacho at the point where people were routinely booing him and calling him shit. 

I do remember you defending him, I’ve always liked him too.

Apart from when he missed the penalty against Palace, I was fuming after that.

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bang on, especially when you look at his record in cup games vs lower league opposition. I do have a concern about this system though and Maresca seems more averse to having two up front than any other manager we've had since Iheanacho has been here.

We need the wingers and 8s to go beyond him more often, Casadei over Wilf obviously helps but whilst the wingers are shackled to the touchline there isn't enough rotation. The movement is too linear and too structured atm. In the long term I think this system pays off but a think a stock 433 probably causes more problems for the opposition right now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

If we lose Kel's then we need to keep daka. Can't sell them both in the same transfer window 

Maresca has no interest in working with Daka. He's completely ill-suited to the way we play. We can only 'lose' Iheancho if we make a conscious decision to sell him, which will only happen if we have a replacement lined up. Daka won't be involved irrespective of whether Iheancho stays or goes.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We need another forward even if they both stay. AFCON is in January/February and both Nigeria and Zambia have qualified.

tbf thats very true, in an ideal world, Daka would go since hes not featured at all, we get another one in to replace him, cos no disrespect to Vardy, hes more of an impact player now imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

I think Kel works perfectly for this tactic, but we need to play the ball into his feet far quicker. Against Cardiff there were so many times that Vestegaard especially could have played through a gap into his feet and then the attack can start. Yeah at times it will break down but get him bringing people into play.

I also think Casadei being far happier to run in behind will free up more space for Kel to roam

that's cause Vester can't pass through the lines lol

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I wouldn’t be upset if we had paid a £5-6m loan fee for someone of his ability. His replacement will cost around £15m, so I’d be inclined to gamble if they don’t stump up the right money.

No one pays a loan fee of that amount unless it includes wages (or it’s a much better player than we would need) 

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Absolutely no chance whatsoever that the hierarchy are forward planning for this. 

Correct. Moronic isn't it! Us select mongies on a fans page can forward plan better than those being paid handsomely to simply do their jobs. Another example of this is not taking on Lookman on a permanent basis, or not recruiting sufficiently for injury cover, to name but two of numerous examples of bad foresight

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

He's started 105 games for us, played 112 nineties, scored 56 goals and made 31 assists. 

If he's not tearing this division apart there's something wrong with the supply we're giving him or the role he's being asked to play.

Makes you wonder why teams aren’t queuing up to sign him then, if he’s that good?