Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

I am open to selling anyone at the correct price. Now in the later stages of the window id say 20million for Nacho but only if we have a plan who to bring in. Which we probably dont.

Id rather concentrate on shifting the deadwood and bringing in another winger, then we are very almost there with the players coming back from injury too. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Makes you wonder why teams aren’t queuing up to sign him then, if he’s that good?

We’re not going to sell him on the cheap even with a year left 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Felix was £10m for half a season, so £20m for a full season.

£5-6m for us would be fine.

Athleti valued felix at £100m

one season translates to be 20m on five year amortisation 

that’s where they got the 20m from 

what value player would we be looking at to replace kel ? 

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Athleti valued felix at £100m

one season translates to be 20m on five year amortisation 

that’s where they got the 20m from 

what value player would we be looking at to replace kel ? 

Ok we loaned Slimani for £2-3m to Newcastle for half a season.

I’d say Kel being his replacement, is better no?

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Ok we loaned Slimani for £2-3m to Newcastle for half a season.

I’d say Kel being his replacement, is better no?

Slimani was a £30m player who we were amortising at £6m/season 

kel is currently worth around £10m max for because he’s out of contract next summer 

So he’s not available for a loan anyway

why are we discussing kel’s loan value ??

58 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

With this report about our interest in Piroe 'cooling', I wonder if it means we are more determined to hang on to Nacho.

I wondered this, maybe they are in contract talks with nacho as I know enzo said talks were due to happen to establish what he wants 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Slimani was a £30m player who we were amortising at £6m/season 

kel is currently worth around £10m max for because he’s out of contract next summer 

So he’s not available for a loan anyway

why are we discussing kel’s loan value ??

We were discussing his replacements value.

which I think would cost £15-20m or a significant loan fee. 
I’m no less convinced of that.

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We wouldn't let Tielemans go on the cheap, so I don't see why we would let Kel. 

It would take a stupid offer we couldn't refuse. 

Kel might be a different case but I hope we've learned from our handling of Tielemans. We a) lost money that could have been reinvested and b) were left with a player who looked hungrier for cake than winning football matches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

Kel might be a different case but I hope we've learned from our handling of Tielemans. We a) lost money that could have been reinvested and b) were left with a player who looked hungrier for cake than winning football matches.

100%, but I still can't see us letting him go cheaply. 

We would still want more than most teams would be willing to pay. 

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We wouldn't let Tielemans go on the cheap, so I don't see why we would let Kel. 

It would take a stupid offer we couldn't refuse. 

I'd be fascinated for the club to explain these decisions. What benefit did we receive for Tielemans running his contract down? Even had we stayed up, I'm not sure the club could use that as reason to have kept him. The cost of replacing him is from a starting point of zero, rather than x (the transfer fee received when sold).

It's stupidity and very few clubs have ever benefitted from numerous important players running their contracts down. It's a masterclass is disaster.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be fascinated for the club to explain these decisions. What benefit did we receive for Tielemans running his contract down? Even had we stayed up, I'm not sure the club could use that as reason to have kept him. The cost of replacing him is from a starting point of zero, rather than x (the transfer fee received when sold).

It's stupidity and very few clubs have ever benefitted from numerous important players running their contracts down. It's a masterclass is disaster.

I'm sure I read somewhere that we didn't receive any offers for Tielemans last summer. If so, we didn't have much choice in the end.