Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We wouldn't let Tielemans go on the cheap, so I don't see why we would let Kel. 

It would take a stupid offer we couldn't refuse. 

I could be wrong, but with Tielemans, wasn't it more of a case that the big clubs he wanted to move to were a) not interested OR b) offering way below his valuation

Obviously, in hindsight we likely should have accepted as low as £20-25 million, as the way he performed last season and the fact he walked for free this summer, was pretty disastrous for us. On the flip side though, it wouldn't have been completely unreasonable to believe he could play a big role in keeping us up last season and if we became known for accepting well below valuation offers, we may struggle to ever get good value for our outgoings. 

I agree that Iheanacho feels like a different case though, taking everything into account. I think this is one player that we should take the potential £10-15million hit on. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be fascinated for the club to explain these decisions. What benefit did we receive for Tielemans running his contract down? Even had we stayed up, I'm not sure the club could use that as reason to have kept him. The cost of replacing him is from a starting point of zero, rather than x (the transfer fee received when sold).

It's stupidity and very few clubs have ever benefitted from numerous important players running their contracts down. It's a masterclass is disaster.

Because we have a DOF that sells training gear on Ebay

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be fascinated for the club to explain these decisions. What benefit did we receive for Tielemans running his contract down? Even had we stayed up, I'm not sure the club could use that as reason to have kept him. The cost of replacing him is from a starting point of zero, rather than x (the transfer fee received when sold).

It's stupidity and very few clubs have ever benefitted from numerous important players running their contracts down. It's a masterclass is disaster.

I agree, remind me of the Arsenal mindset at one point, were they had a player leaving for free every season .

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I remember Tielemans saying, while on international duty last year, that he hadn't received any offers that were of interest to him. The club can accept all the offers they want but if the player vetoes them all in favour of running down his contract then there's not much they can do.

Prob because Tielemans have been overweight and shit for the best part of 2 years, its hardly surprising noone was going to pay over the odds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Prob because Tielemans have been overweight and shit for the best part of 2 years, its hardly surprising noone was going to pay over the odds.

As someone also pointed out in another thread, he began playing regular football at 16 (including in the champions league). All those demands in his body and that amount of games he’s the equivalent of your average 30-33 year old. Makes a lot of sense when you think about his games for us in recent years.

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that we didn't receive any offers for Tielemans last summer. If so, we didn't have much choice in the end.

I think the stance was, we wanted HUGE money for him and the likes of Arsenal were pissing themselves and taught us a lesson. 

• Like 2

Are Crystal Palace signing Kelechi Iheanacho?

Taking to X, Nizaar Kinsella revealed that Crystal Palace are pursuing a deal for Iheanacho as a result of one of their own first-team players attracting significant interest. He wrote:

"Crystal Palace are chasing Kelechi Iheanacho as RB Leipzig see two bids turned down for Jean-Philippe Mateta. Palace open to letting him go and replacing him."

Expanding in his column for The Evening Standard, Hodgson has reportedly made the attacker a "top transfer target", and whilst Leicester "do not want to lose" their star, it's stated that the boss knows he will be available for a cut-price given his contract situation.

I've got no doubt a number of clubs will come in for him in these last few days, as they probably believe they can get him for a bargain. 

However, I would be surprised if we haven't already decided that we are going to keep this late in the window and it would take a very silly offer for us to change that stance. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

Wolves will have c55m incoming when Nunes departs, and from speaking to a couple of Wolves' fans they've not been the best in spending the past few years in terms of value for money. If we could get £15m-£20m for him (which I agree is optimistic), i think we should snap their hands off 

and replace him with who in just days? Bare in mind we already need another striker to cover Daka's very likely departure. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I've got no doubt a number of clubs will come in for him in these last few days, as they probably believe they can get him for a bargain. 

However, I would be surprised if we haven't already decided that we are going to keep this late in the window and it would take a very silly offer for us to change that stance. 

my thoughts too, i'll be very surprised if we even think about selling, as we've not been linked with any striker to replace him or Daka

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

and replace him with who in just days? Bare in mind we already need another striker to cover Daka's very likely departure. 

The fact we've been in discussions with Everton and Bournemouth for the past few weeks means they must have someone lined up, I would imagine its just not hit the media yet (Piroe to LCFC had gone cold for weeks, so I would be surprised if it was just him we were looking at). 

While I love Nacho, if the opportunity comes to get some money for him and replace, I think we need to take it. Not guaranteed promotion, and attracting replacements will be harder next year if he walks out the door on a free and we're staring another season in the second tier in the face ...

• Haha 1