Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

17 minutes ago, JimJams said:

In fairness 2 of those 3 goal involvements were against league one opposition. And so far we've played 2 of the current bottom 4, 17th placed Cardiff and midtable Cov. So in effect we've not even played the decent teams in the league yet. This isn't hating on Kel. Just facts.

I Wonder why so many top & great topscorers,ever since football started to be played on a pitch,

they struggled or  that many couldn’t convert regularly against > your version< the poorest teams…

Never been a yardstick IMO..

EOS how many goals & assists have our perceived strikers achieved…Or how often in  impotant periods & group of games do

our individual strikers convert…Whether Nacho or any other striker.

I sincerely believe,we need to find another 2 strikers…One for immediate introduction,the other to grow inton the side,with measured gametime..

We keep Vardy, proven goalscorer..spite his age. 
Nacho,like the guy,prefer him to be given this first period in the Championship,to see if he can be a big influence attacking oppo‘s goal. Assists will be great,but we must see him convert on a regular basis…

If Forest came and wanted both Nacho & Ndidi,or just one….that’s football..

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

When i went on a little rant the other week someone who wanted him to stay pointed out he was likely the sort of player who wouldn't put 100% in during training. I thought it was an odd justification to Nacho's approach. Its all conjecture, but if it is the case, i can see Maresca as someone who is currently demanding 100% of everyone in training to achieve his goal. 

I have no idea how true that is but he strikes me as a player that would be draining to manage.

I flit between thinking he will single handedly send us back up and being confused as to how he is so shit, but I guess I shouldn’t be shocked by now. 

I think he'd be a loss if he left, as it only leaves us with vardy as Daka is off. But £20m is a decent price, and it doesn't seem like he'll sign the new contract we offered him.

The biggest issue is whether we have identified a replacement. Could be the return of Chris wood! 

• Like 1

20mil is a fair valuation with the time left on his contract.

People were happy to sell Barnes for 38mill but wouldn’t sell Ian for 20mill with one year left? 

if we can keep 2/3 of Ian, Vardy, Daka and get 20million + for the other id have taken that at the start of the window 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

They can if they sell the lad to Man City, they have just turned down a 47m bid.

Makes no odds. They’ve sold plenty already this window & still can’t/won’t buy. Owners desperately want to sell with Americans waiting in the wings, but the price is too steep for them so fosun are selling what they can to get the price down to what the Americans can afford.

I would prefer he stays but £20 million and someone joining that Enzo wants in his starting 11, then most of us would take that. 

Is that what is happening though? No one knows and no bids have been received and there are no solid links to any strikers. 

Daka most likely leaving is also adding a further dimension to this. We will need two strikers. 

It all feels a bit messy right now, which is the last thing we need when we are 5 from 5. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Its way too late for this transfer window.

What happened to the old fashioned approach of the manager saying no to a transfer?

You are presuming the manager is that bothered. Look at how he was hooked off before the 60th minute. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I would prefer he stays but £20 million and someone joining that Enzo wants in his starting 11, then most of us would take that. 

Is that what is happening though? No one knows and no bids have been received and there are no solid links to any strikers. 

Daka most likely leaving is also adding a further dimension to this. We will need two strikers. 

It all feels a bit messy right now, which is the last thing we need when we are 5 from 5. 

It would be such a Leicester thing to do to look like getting so much right this window, and at the last minute only be left with Vardy until January.

Kelechi may be on the shortlist of a few clubs is that enough to get concerned?. Do we really know if there is a £20 million valuation or is that more guess work? I know any player has a price but it would have to be something out of the ordinary to lose a player that is leading the forward line. I'm sure the club is anticipating offers and I am confident discussions with the player have already taken place. We  don't want last minute departures in key roles.

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

You are presuming the manager is that bothered. Look at how he was hooked off before the 60th minute. 

It would be such a Leicester thing to do to look like getting so much right this window, and at the last minute only be left with Vardy until January.

You make a good point about being hooked off. Maybe Enzo isn't happy with his work rate but to be honest he's always been like that.

1 minute ago, nettle said:

You make a good point about being hooked off. Maybe Enzo isn't happy with his work rate but to be honest he's always been like that.

As fans we should demand better. We are in a complete reset following a relegation that shouldn't have happened. We have a manager that is trying to reinvent the way we play after years of Brendans turgid nonsense. Enzo will have high standards of the players. If that isn't being met, then get out. I don't understand why people are willing to accept this with Nacho. Drives me nuts.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Think it'd be a huge risk to accept any offer on him now. Can't see anyone better than him wanting to join us, nor any club wanting to part with a good striker at this late stage, unless we also pay over the odds, thus wiping out any "good money" we got for him.

Doubly so if Daka goes. We can't lose both and I'd prefer to lose Daka.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

I think he'd be a loss if he left, as it only leaves us with vardy as Daka is off. But £20m is a decent price, and it doesn't seem like he'll sign the new contract we offered him.

The biggest issue is whether we have identified a replacement. Could be the return of Chris wood! 

Has he even been offered a new contract yet?

The unknown here, is does Nacho want to leave? 

That would heavily sway it for me in either direction. 

Reports of him wanting to leave but then being part of the 6 who wanted to stay under Enzo. 

He certainly hasn't refused to play and looks his usual self on the pitch, whether you rate that or not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

The unknown here, is does Nacho want to leave? 

That would heavily sway it for me in either direction. 

Reports of him wanting to leave but then being part of the 6 who wanted to stay under Enzo. 

He certainly hasn't refused to play and looks his usual self on the pitch, whether you rate that or not. 

He doesn’t want to leave no. That’s bollocks. If the club sell h it will be for a few they can’t refuse.