Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

2 hours ago, Hitesh said:

For £20m we'd have to take it. Big risk but for pure financial reasons it's a no brainer. We'd miss him but means we'd have to go out and get someone quick time 

Sadly Dufkin and his recruitment squad are on recent past performance not capable of doing this, so if we sell we could well end up sabotaging the promotion push.   

Just now, Gerard said:

If £20m was on the table we'd be insane not to.

He's been here 6 years and never really established himself, he was terrible the first couple of years and has been good only intermediately. Soon to be 27 and he'll never be valued any higher than now in his career and for us we probably lose him in 10 months for a free.

The pool of players that improves us is much larger than it was two years ago. I'm of the school of thought that we only need to No9's in the squad, Vardy is one and we'll need another. That could be Daka if Iheanacho gets sold or we move quickly this week with a big budget to get someone in with the funds Daka and Iheanacho have raised. 

We can't keep throwing the opportunity to collect £20m away on a player who is worth nothing to us in less than a year. It's not like Iheanacho will get 35/40 goals this season on the evidence we have seen so far.

Sorry but… no? 

• Like 1

Even at 12 to 15 I would move him on. I don't feel that he has ever been used properly but I don't see Maresca reversing that trend. He is going to walk away on a free next summer after missing a month at AFCON. The club needs stop the expiring contract syndrome that is costing the club millions. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If £20m was on the table we'd be insane not to.

He's been here 6 years and never really established himself, he was terrible the first couple of years and has been good only intermittently. Soon to be 27 and he'll never be valued any higher than now in his career and for us we probably lose him in 10 months for a free.

The pool of players that improves us is much larger than it was two years ago. I'm of the school of thought that we only need to No9's in the squad, Vardy is one and we'll need another. That could be Daka if Iheanacho gets sold or we move quickly this week with a big budget to get someone in with the funds Daka and Iheanacho have raised. 

We can't keep throwing the opportunity to collect £20m away on a player who is worth nothing to us in less than a year. It's not like Iheanacho will get 35/40 goals this season on the evidence we have seen so far.

We'll be a weaker team without him.  Of course pounds and pence are important, but not the most important.  Our 'product' is the football team that we put out on a Saturday afternoon.  For long term success, that team needs to play in the Premier League.  We can't do that if we sell our best assets, just because it seems like a good deal.  Heck, why not just sell the whole squad for £200m and replace them all with trialists and academy products on 50k per year?

There's a balance to be struck here, we can shift some, but not all.  Iheanacho is one that we need to keep.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

We'll be a weaker team without him.  Of course pounds and pence are important, but not the most important.  Our 'product' is the football team that we put out on a Saturday afternoon.  For long term success, that team needs to play in the Premier League.  We can't do that if we sell our best assets, just because it seems like a good deal.  Heck, why not just sell the whole squad for £200m and replace them all with trialists and academy products on 50k per year?

There's a balance to be struck here, we can shift some, but not all.  Iheanacho is one that we need to keep.

Regardless of what happens he wont be here to help us in the Premier.  He has had every opportunity to sign but but hasn't so he needs to go !!

He really doesn't fit Maresca's style of football & truth be told he has never lived lived up to expectations.

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

Talk about a strawman, no one has suggested selling the whole squad and replacing them with the academy but you.

What other Championship club would turn down a £20m offer to keep a player for 90% of the season before he leaves for nothing? Iheanacho isn't that good that he's the difference between promotion or staying in the division, we are neither guaranteed to go up with him or fail to go up without him. 

Keeping Iheanacho should be a decision on how much the manager values him and how much the offer is. We still have Vardy and Daka or the possibility of selling Daka and bringing in someone else. Remember Iheanacho didn't even start as first choice at the start of the season so Enzo can't value him that highly.

11 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Why would we be weaker if we get someone in who suits Enzo's tactics and is less erratic. In my opinion we need someone up front who's first touch isn't a pass and second touch is a tackle.

12 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Even at 12 to 15 I would move him on. I don't feel that he has ever been used properly but I don't see Maresca reversing that trend. He is going to walk away on a free next summer after missing a month at AFCON. The club needs stop the expiring contract syndrome that is costing the club millions. 

AFCON is another good point.

A £20m offer turned down works out as Iheanacho costing us £2m per month to keep him and that's without including his wages. Six weeks away in AFCON costs us £3m in lost revenue and God forbid he gets a bad injury at some point. He could do his ACL on Saturday and that's £20m down the pan.

I'm happy to get rid of just about everybody who was involved in our tame surrender in the PL.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If Ings could stay fit for more than a handful of games, he'd be brilliant at this level. 

Unsure of his record at West Ham, but he is a risk I suppose, but aren't they all. So annoyed we didn't sign Piroe, I knew we'd lose Nacho and Daka

50 minutes ago, nnfox said:

We can only shift those who are wanted...

2 hours ago, I am an Ostrich said:

20M with a year on his contract and he's never fully had the ball under control for about 3 years

Gerrimout...

Doesn’t need to with all of the chances he helps us create.