Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

15 minutes ago, Dusty said:

He’s only once scored more than 5 goals in a league season for us. 

His link up play is good for us though. We all want a 20 goal a season striker but Kelechi offers something else than that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

So you want someone with JJ's pace, Vardy's work rate and aggression, Ricardo's control, Winks consistency but still Iheanacho's productivity? 

You got a spare 150m?

To be fair I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Obviously I'm being facetious and I don't mean to take the piss but, still, Enzo is going to have to compromise somewhere and I'm sure he realises he's in the Championship. I do agree to an extent I think we want someone who is more reliable to "play off" to link up play in the final third but I do think we're looking for a unicorn if that player is also supposed to be a quality forward and not just some generic EFL donkey. 

He's going to have to compromise somewhere, I just think he will just want a more rounded player.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

It's true and Iheanacho is by far our most suited striker out of the three for this role, but he is also still quite erratic in his build-up play, especially his first touch and decision making.

If he had more than one year left on his contract I wouldn't be selling, but we have to learn the lessons of previous years and cash in on players that will just walk away for free. Next summer we could have 13 players leave on a free or when their loans expire. That's not sustainable.

I 100% agree. For £20m we should sell but not because he doesn't fit our system. He does. I'd sell him for the reasons you stated, we can't keep losing money. If the money isn't right though, I wouldn't be against him staying. 

I've said it before, whether Nacho leaves or not, I think we need a targetman. Someone who can, like Nacho, come deep. Maybe hold the ball up better but also when we have teams pinned back, we are putting lots of crosses into the box. Enzo wants both 8s, the opposite winger and the stiker in the box so it makes sense to have a striker that can make use of those. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If we let Nacho go it's even more criminal incompetence by willy puller Rudkin that we didn't sign Piroe, there's few other players that seem to fit the profile better. 

And you know the manager wanted Piroe how exactly?

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If we let Nacho go it's even more criminal incompetence by willy puller Rudkin that we didn't sign Piroe, there's few other players that seem to fit the profile better. 

We are 4 games into the season and Piroe only has 1 goal despite playing almost twice as many minute as Iheanacho. Why are our fans so down about us not getting him?

Fair enough if we get to the end of the season and Piore has 25 goals while Iheanacho has 10 but currently it's a bit early to judge.

Can people please drop the Piroe obsession. We couldn’t sign him as we had no £££ to play with. If we had sold Timmy, Wilf or Kels we maybe woulda looked at it, but we have no proof EM wanted him and we simply couldn’t afford him. Ship has sailed, train has departed or the monkeys gone to heaven. No more piroe. 

• Like 2

Guest Sideshow Faes

He's good at putting in something unexpected - he seems to score great goals more often than tap ins - but he's frustratingly inconsistent. One game he'll be brilliant, the next he couldn't trap a bag of wet sand. Given his contract status also, I'd sell if we can find somebody with a more consistent first touch that can score goals. They don't need to be fast, they just need to be able to play with back to goal, understand how to attack the box, and have a nose for goal. Maybe two cheaper forwards to give us options, one being more of a bigger man that can hold onto the ball, a cheaper version of Giroud.

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

And why is that? Can we use the same argument for Daka?

To be fair, what has affected many of our strikers in recent years is being behind Vardy in the pecking order which for the most part, is not a slight against these players as Vardy is the GOAT. 

Even when it has seemed Vardy is done at times like under Puel and at times under Rodgers, he comes back. Whether he will this time I don’t know.

But I when people say ‘well why hasn’t he played more’ in response to points about the likes of Daka and Nacho having good goals/minutes ratios, this is why I find it a lazy argument personally. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Losing Kelechi for nothing when his contract expires is better than selling him for 15 million now and missing out on promotion because we don’t have a striker who works in Enzo’s system.

We had the same thing said about it not being worth selling Tielemans as being in the PL was worth much more to us than selling him, we ended up with the worst of both worlds.

It's not a binary of option of keep Iheanacho = promotion and selling him = no promotion that some people try to push.

Selling a mediocre PL player for £20m when he walks away for nothing in 10 months and in those ten months he'll have up to six weeks off for AFCON is a no brainer, the club have to take the money and can't afford to letting players of considerable value who cost considerable money walk away for nothing time and time again.#

Iheanacho wasn't even considered first choice at the start of the season, he is very much replaceable. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wolves offering him over £100k/w apparently. 

Sort of deal thats going to feck them over long term. Good on him if he goes for it, but nothing convinces me he is worth anywhere near that.