Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So you don't know then. :appl:

Wolves is very different to Leicester …. The whole club is full of leaks so the information is plentiful and usually true. We’re a much tighter run ship around information leaks. 

Just now, 5waller5 said:

Wolves is very different to Leicester …. The whole club is full of leaks so the information is plentiful and usually true. We’re a much tighter run ship around information leaks. 

I'm sure, but its still a guess isn't it.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm sure, but its still a guess isn't it.

No. Like he says it’s common knowledge and has come from many sources in and around the club.

(The bit about Fosun selling and the US buyers not affording the price). I can’t vouch for the Nacho stuff as I haven’t been around Wolves this season - but generally the info there is way easier to get and more reliable than LCFC due to the leaks). 

Edited by 5waller5

20 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think it's great news ! It's a shame that clubs leave their business till the last minute but even so it's great for us.

Ndidi really isn't needed in Enzo's system & Nacho has never really proven himself to me.

Put money in the bank & move two older players that were going to walk for free.    Good Business !

I think both are highly effective at this level and no guarantee we get players in who can be as good. Time will tell, but I fear selling two starting players at this stage is a huge gamble.

Kel for me is so effective in his all round game, we just look so much better when he’s on the pitch. I think that will prove very difficult to replace. 

very happy to see Daka, Tim, Souttar, Ward, Soumare, Kristiansen go - just don’t want to lose these two.

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin Russell said:

I think both are highly effective at this level and no guarantee we get players in who can be as good. Time will tell, but I fear selling two starting players at this stage is a huge gamble.

Kel for me is so effective in his all round game, we just look so much better when he’s on the pitch. I think that will prove very difficult to replace. 

very happy to see Daka, Tim, Souttar, Ward, Soumare, Kristiansen go - just don’t want to lose these two.

1 year left says they need to be sold or sign extensions 

No exclusions for me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

No. Like he says it’s common knowledge and has come from many sources in and around the club.

(The bit about Fosun selling and the US buyers not affording the price). I can’t vouch for the Nacho stuff as I haven’t been around Wolves this season - but generally the info there is way easier to get and more reliable than LCFC due to the leaks). 

That's the bit I'm referring to, it's a guess they can't afford him.

22 minutes ago, NasPb said:

We are absolutely foolish to sell iheanacho if this is the case. Ffs we were having a very good window till now. Absolutely shambles this

Just to remind you, that nothing has actually happened yet regarding Iheanacho. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

1 year left says they need to be sold or sign extensions 

No exclusions for me.

Not sure that kind of approach is what we need now. We need to stay competitive on the pitch and balance the books. No more forced sales of first team regulars - get the deadwood out and go for promotion for me.

I just can’t see us signing and myegrating players of the requisite quality at this stage.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Why? Probably can stay where he lives now.

Plays in premier league

Reported over 100k a week.

If offered a number of years he'd be clueless to not take it.

Could conceivably be swapping leagues with them in a year's time 

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

His expected goals and assists per 90 is even lower this season than last, not a large sample size far admittedly, but it’s against much poorer opposition. 

While you’re not watching the Tranmere game tonight - why not look up Kelechi’s goal and assist per minute record ? 

I find the lack of appreciation for him among the fanbase utterly baffling. The data analysts and the whiteboard professors of the game are always telling us how imperfect he is - he scores and assists ffs His goals got us to the FA Cup Final ffs  - they’re the stats that count ..

And who do you think is coming in to replace him if he goes? Some guy who’s scored a few in the Championship or for Man City U-:23….who could be great and who might not be ..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Could conceivably be swapping leagues with them in a year's time 

Or not.

You could say that to about half the teams in the PL, according to the betting markets Fulham are the 8th most likely team to get relegated and that's still an implied 17.5% chance.

Only Luton and Sheff Utd are considered an implied less chance than us of being in the PL next season.

8 minutes ago, Jabbaranks said:

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the big drama is about this. 

He's in the last year of his contract so if he doesn't go now it's more money splunked up the wall

He's been spectacularly inconsistent throughout his 6 years with us

He hasn't suggested in the first 4 games that he's going to be some kind of Championship beast

It's not like we're talking about losing peak Vardy. 

I know we have a track record of dubious business decisions, but I'd be amazed if Enzo and co haven't got a replacement/alternate squad solution crystal clear in their minds.

He's always come across as a lovely bloke, but business is business. 

Perhaps because of the 3 strikers we've currently got, he's the one most likely to score or assist! For the fire sale knock down price we'd potentially get for him, we're firstly not get a better player in but, more importantly, if our aim is quick promotion and the well over £100m that goes with it, our chances are significantly higher I'd suggest with him than without him. In comparison, a small price to pay.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Perhaps because of the 3 strikers we've currently got, he's the one most likely to score or assist! For the fire sale knock down price we'd potentially get for him, we're firstly not get a better player in but, more importantly, if our aim is quick promotion and the well over £100m that goes with it, our chances are significantly higher I'd suggest with him than without him. In comparison, a small price to pay.

If he wasn’t going missing for 5-6 weeks for afcon I’d agree but he will and who do we play in that case?