Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

Just now, smudgerfox said:

While you’re not watching the Tranmere game tonight - why not look up Kelechi’s goal and assist per minute record

I find the lack of appreciation for him among the fanbase utterly baffling. The data analysts and the whiteboard professors of the game are always telling us how imperfect he is - he scores and assists ffs His goals got us to the FA Cup Final ffs  - they’re the stats that count ..

And who do you think is coming in to replace him if he goes? Some guy who’s scored a few in the Championship or for Man City U-:23….who could be great and who might not be ..

https://fbref.com/en/players/c92e1a31/Kelechi-Iheanacho

Look at his per 90, it’s really not impressive.

Someone decent will come in if he goes, relax.

19 minutes ago, Jabbaranks said:

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the big drama is about this. 

He's in the last year of his contract so if he doesn't go now it's more money splunked up the wall

He's been spectacularly inconsistent throughout his 6 years with us

He hasn't suggested in the first 4 games that he's going to be some kind of Championship beast

It's not like we're talking about losing peak Vardy. 

I know we have a track record of dubious business decisions, but I'd be amazed if Enzo and co haven't got a replacement/alternate squad solution crystal clear in their minds.

He's always come across as a lovely bloke, but business is business. 

The drama is he's our starting striker and we'll need a replacement. If we have one lined up and both deals go through then I'll be relatively content. I've had a gut full of players leaving here after their contracts expire so any of them except Vardy I'd sell if I could this week.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Okay he made his own space and hit a shot  from 20 yards which the keeper could only stand and admire …almost a goal from literally nothing ..happy now? 

‘the keeper could only stand and admire’

Hmmmm.  He literally dived for

it.

Edited by Realist Guy In The Room

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Wolves offering him over £100k/w apparently. 

Takes into account that if he sees out this season here on 50k then he would expect a £7.5m s/o fee next summer when he moves as a free agent 

He’s only worth 75k/week so a five year deal at 100k takes care of that 7.5 m loss 

2 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Whilst I don’t want him to go, if he’s showing no signs of signing a new deal, then the club need to act and get some money in for him.

Theyve been slated in the past for allowing players to go for nothing, hands could be tied.

They were also slated because they let players go for nothing after we were relegated with no players to sell to make up for it -- surely Kelechi helping us win promotion is worth more than the £20m or whatever that we're asking for him?

12 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

And?

He'd be on a multiple year contract getting paid over 100k a week.

At the moment he's on one year so it's in his best interest to get a new long term contract under his belt 

You don't think Wolves will insert a relegation clause into a multi year 100k per week contract that would see him earn considerably less if they were relegated?

Kel is okay. He's the best of 3 strikers we have which is more to the point and probably highlights the overall weakness we have in that area. Bomb out Daka, sell Kel and bring in 2 Enzo wants.

Let's be honest, he's already made clear who he wants from what he's inherited. Chances are only Vards as a 20 min cameo is all he fancies out the 3.

No issues with moving on so long as we can replace. Amazed if we haven't already a 2-3 name shortlist in that position.

Edited by Blanchflower78
  • Like 1

Sell, sell, sell.

People are talking like Iheanacho is as vital to us as a prime Jamie Vardy.

There is a timeline when we keep Iheanacho, still don't get promoted this year or next and the club will be shafted for refusing big money for players on the last year of their contracts and no parachute payments.

We have to get the financials right as well as the playing first XI, Iheanacho is not going to make or break us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gerard said:

Sell, sell, sell.

People are talking like Iheanacho is as vital to us as a prime Jamie Vardy.

There is a timeline when we keep Iheanacho, still don't get promoted this year or next and the club will be shafted for refusing big money for players on the last year of their contracts and no parachute payments.

We have to get the financials right as well as the playing first XI, Iheanacho is not going to make or break us.

I often respect some of your suggestions, who would you try and replace him with? 

I'm searching for a 6ft+ striker who is quick, had a good ability to hold up the ball and press. Not loads readily coming to mind but there's a few.

Miles Leaburn would be a shrewd piece of business but maybe not as a starting striker. 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The drama is he's our starting striker and we'll need a replacement. If we have one lined up and both deals go through then I'll be relatively content. I've had a gut full of players leaving here after their contracts expire so any of them except Vardy I'd sell if I could this week.

I rate him, but I feel he's only getting a game under Enzo because he's the best of a bad bunch.

Daka is completely left out, seemingly awaiting a move, and Vardy is pretty sh1t now when you take away sentiment.

Edited by adejo92

23 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If he doesn't score he assists..... Daka's going and Vardy is used a sub in the final quarter...... don't know who we going to replace Iheanacho with......if we had bought Piroe than maybe 

...as some posters have posted, we do not know of all the dealings going on within the club!!!

There could be a sale that could be done where we can get a player out of his contract at short notice.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I often respect some of your suggestions, who would you try and replace him with? 

I'm searching for a 6ft+ striker who is quick, had a good ability to hold up the ball and press. Not loads readily coming to mind but there's a few.

Miles Leaburn would be a shrewd piece of business but maybe not as a starting striker. 

This is what it comes down to. Is Iheanacho irreplaceable? Of course not. Does that mean we're in a position to adequately replace him before the window shuts? I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't take it for granted that we are.

The argument that we should sell Iheanacho to avoid losing him on a free next summer has logic to it - however, it disintegrates if no mention is made of who will then play up front for us. If the assumption is that the club has an excellent replacement up its sleeve, then I can only wonder at the blind optimism involved.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah because there are a shit tonne of good strikers available for peanuts and Rudkin the absolute cock womble has a top notch record of getting good business done when needed 👌 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I mean, they are impressive. Those percentiles are high, just look at the list of players who are statistically similar to him. He is (on paper) the best forward in the league. Whether or not we can get the best out of him down here and in this system with his best mate leaving the club is another matter entirely. Especially if he is running down his contract and distracted by what is next for him… Mentality is so so important in this game, as we discovered last season. 

I still think a false 9 makes a lot of sense and if we have a replacement lined up, it would be silly to let him leave for nothing if we have £15m+ on the table right now. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

We can be categorically sure as this is Leicester City and Jon Rudkin is DOF we definitely do NOT have an adequate replacement lined up, that's just not the way Jon does business, he likes to piss in the wind. 

Jon's fax is booked in for repair on deadline day. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We can be categorically sure as this is Leicester City and Jon Rudkin is DOF we definitely do NOT have an adequate replacement lined up, that's just not the way Jon does business, he likes to piss in the wind. 

Jon's fax is booked in for repair on deadline day. 

Then it's our scouting and recruitment staff that haven't done their job. Something Rudkin can only be partially responsible for.

34 minutes ago, nnfox said:

You don't think Wolves will insert a relegation clause into a multi year 100k per week contract that would see him earn considerably less if they were relegated?

Of course they will 

and if he has a decent agent then he’ll have a £15m relegation release clause inserted too 

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What I would say, is that we are in the championship now and not the premier league. Buying premier league strikers is a damn sight harder than buying playing who can score at this level. The top scorer list from the championship last season was full of utter bobbins. We don't need perfection, anyone we sign is likely to be flawed in a number of ways (so is Nacho), because that's what most players signed for this week are. It means, with a bit of cash in the pocket our options open up considerably... the biggest issues being, we probably weren't scouting for this market until very recently.

• Like 2