Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

Just now, shen said:

Then it's our scouting and recruitment staff that haven't done their job. Something Rudkin can only be partially responsible for.

Depends what they were tasked with, it's seems to be very much adhoc and reactive. I'm not really sure the club have planned for anything for quite a while. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He plays as a false 9, so could be the type of player that Maresca would like here.

he doesnt very often, more often than not on the right

also hes more than likely staying at Man City

while I'd agree selling Kel like a week or 2 back if we'd got a decent bid for him, but selling him not with little to no time to get any sort of replacement isnt a good idea at all imo

if they know they can get someone in then sure but got to be 100% about it before they even think of getting rid

Edited by FrankieADZ

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I often respect some of your suggestions, who would you try and replace him with? 

I'm searching for a 6ft+ striker who is quick, had a good ability to hold up the ball and press. Not loads readily coming to mind but there's a few.

Miles Leaburn would be a shrewd piece of business but maybe not as a starting striker. 

I don't know much about football outside of England but I did look at some of the super clubs for their U21 prospects and there isn't much about. 

Our current link of Mama Balde looks like a good choice as he done reasonably well in L1` last season and Lyon are interested, at 27yo he is a good age for us rather than some 20yo from an elite club. We don't need a future £40m player but someone who isn't wet behind the ears and can come in and do a good job now and he fits that bill as well as any.

Divock Origi is still only 28 and being touted by AC Milan, I don't think he's any great shakes by any means but should be enough to get 20 goals in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

What I would say, is that we are in the championship now and not the premier league. Buying premier league strikers is a damn sight harder than buying playing who can score at this level. The top scorer list from the championship last season was full of utter bobbins. We don't need perfection, anyone we sign is likely to be flawed in a number of ways (so is Nacho), because that's what most players signed for this week are. It means, with a bit of cash in the pocket our options open up considerably... the biggest issues being, we probably weren't scouting for this market until very recently.

Yeah, it does appear an easier task. Would like to take a chance on a progressive type who has room to improve. Miles Leaburn just seems so obvious to me.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Would Leaburn even be famous if he wasn't seven foot tall? Whenever I see him he just looks very, very League One to me. 

tbf he looks very raw, but seems the sort of striker youd need in the enzo system; 

but id be very surprised if we even look at signing players from the championship or below, feels like some at the club think buying from them leagues is below us

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Would Leaburn even be famous if he wasn't seven foot tall? Whenever I see him he just looks very, very League One to me. 

Shit but very tall would make him most Leicester fans' ideal striker. Plan B baby!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I imagine the 12 goals and 2 assists in 18 league starts / 20.1 90s helps as well

• Like 1

I imagine he wants out anyway if N'didi is leaving and to be honest he is replaceable because he is inconsistent, as someone else alluded to its not like we are losing prime Vardy. Invest wisely and I believe we will be better for it.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

And?

He'd be on a multiple year contract getting paid over 100k a week.

At the moment he's on one year so it's in his best interest to get a new long term contract under his belt 

Just expected him to be linked to better

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Time for to set a new norm, our utter negligence with contracts is going to hurt and so it bloody well should. I have no doubt a goal scorer is already scouted, and the time to stop acting like a bunch of amateurs should begin under this new regime, and that has to begin with anyone who wants to go and we don’t want or has a value which will revert to zero come the end of this next year. Harsh but it 100% has to happen in my mind.

I think having a goal scorer ‘scouted’ is completely different to having a deal and personal terms agreed. It will be immensely difficult to get a purchase through and if the player is on the market we will likely face competition.

I’m completely against these kind of panic buys at the end of a window. I’m pretty sure the owners and staff see this and won’t sell, but it’s far too late to be scavenging in a sellers market to replace first team players. We have more than enough deadwood - focus attention on getting rid of that.

• Like 1

This is what’s annoying by the club he should have been told to find another club acer the end of last season sold and Joel piroe should be at Leicester instead of Leeds. Nacho has never really lived up to expectations at Leicester I was buzzing when we signed him but he’s just turns up when he feels like it and unfortunately it’s not every often 

7 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

also, no disrespect to these teams, will he be starting for them?

as he would be here, unless by some miracle we sign a striker between now and 11pm friday, and i dont see that happening

alot to weigh up really

Think he starts for Wolves. Forest have Awoniyi ahead of him and given his record for them that won't be changing. But he might partner him?

24 minutes ago, nettle said:

I imagine he wants out anyway if N'didi is leaving and to be honest he is replaceable because he is inconsistent, as someone else alluded to its not like we are losing prime Vardy. Invest wisely and I believe we will be better for it.

He’s an inconsistent finisher, yes, but his ability to create chances and his hold up play are both very consistent and, dare I say, elite. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Selling him adds an element of risk to our promotion chances.  Are we prepared to take that risk?  Is that risk a better option than him leaving in the summer for a free?  

I'm not so sure it is.

Long-term we’d be better off selling him now than losing for nothing next year, especially if we don’t go up. 

12 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He’s an inconsistent finisher, yes, but his ability to create chances and his hold up play are both very consistent and, dare I say, elite. 

Nvm, thought this was the Ndidi thread and you were talking about Ndidi for a second :ph34r:

Edited by Drink Water

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

If Stan's information is correct, it won't take much time for his head to be turned, if its not already. They are offering him a considerable pay increase.

...I expected him to have gone a long, long time ago, but he keeps on extending his contract with us!!!

It might just be the money or he just likes being here.

I am very certain that Leicester have a list of strikers that tick the boxes for Enzo. They would always have known that certain players could be targets for other clubs. Players in the last year of their deal are sending a clear message that they want out & clubs know that they will be cheaper !!