Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Champions League Thread 2023/2024

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Haven't been that impressed with Bellingham.

Not been great the last few rounds for Real but you won’t hear that from the media

Over the moon for him, mind. From playing at Stourbridge to winning the champions league in like what 5/6 years? Good on him. 

Edited by goody2028

43 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Make me laugh when folk over here reckon it’s because of security and policing we can’t have good fan culture over here. Yet every time europeans come over they shit all over us. 

But they won't be tracked and given 3/5 year banning orders like fans for an English club would be?

Lads who have done smoke bombs or flares in European away ends for us have ended up receiving banning orders from LCFC not long after their return home.

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Not been great the last few rounds for Real but you won’t hear that from the media

Let’s hope he can have a couple of weeks rest and win another European competition in the summer 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

But they won't be tracked and given 3/5 year banning orders like fans for an English club would be?

Lads who have done smoke bombs or flares in European away ends for us have ended up receiving banning orders from LCFC not long after their return home.

That’s because folk from here just pull pyro out and expect not to be caught. Every single one of them who lit one up at Wembley tonight would have their face covered. It’s just as “illegal” for them to do it tonight as it would’ve been if say Leeds done it last Sunday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

That’s because folk from here just pull pyro out and expect not to be caught. Every single one of them who lit one up at Wembley tonight would have their face covered. It’s just as “illegal” for them to do it tonight as it would’ve been if say Leeds done it last Sunday. 

Would BVB or the German FA actively hunt them out back in Germany though, then give them a ban?

They're obviously miles better at it, but I feel like the English fans face so many more obstacles.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Growing up watching Madrid in the early 00s to like 2010 I swear they used to win about 1 trophy every 2/3 years. Now they're winning a CL every 2 years, as well as multiple other honours.

Growing up they won in 1998, their first in over 30 years. Then after winning the 2002 one they went over a decade to win it again. But yeah these days they win it every other year seemingly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Growing up watching Madrid in the early 00s to like 2010 I swear they used to win about 1 trophy every 2/3 years. Now they're winning a CL every 2 years, as well as multiple other honours.

I remember them winning when I was in my early teens and it was the first they'd won in like 30 years. Think they've won seven or eight since then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

59 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

53 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Would BVB or the German FA actively hunt them out back in Germany though, then give them a ban?

They're obviously miles better at it, but I feel like the English fans face so many more obstacles.

Nope. You'd potentially do time for getting caught in Germany.

They're just a trillion times better at it because they're organised to fvck and aren't from a country full of lettuces who whinge about not getting bottlecaps into grounds but who also think Ultras are "cringe".

The fact they pulled that tonight in London shows that the only obstacle to more pyro going off in England is English fans themselves.

• Like 4

Throughout all of the Champions Leagues Real Madrid have won in the last 15 years, I don't think they've ever been that tactically great. They just have a culture of winning. It just goes to show the importance of mentality. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Nope. You'd potentially do time for getting caught in Germany.

They're just a trillion times better at it because they're organised to fvck and aren't from a country full of lettuces who whinge about not getting bottlecaps into grounds but who also think Ultras are "cringe".

The fact they pulled that tonight in London shows that the only obstacle to more pyro going off in England is English fans themselves.

Fair do's, thought with how common it is over there it's allowed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

UK media will still try and tell you that Man United are the biggest club in the world. 

Five times as many European Cups for Real than Man United. Staggering.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Are they still heavily backed financially by the Spanish government?

No - it’s illegal for club’s to receive state backing in the EU