Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Champions League Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I know he won it twice but SAF probably was quite disappointed Man U didn't win it more in his time.

They reached three finals between 2008 and 2011 but two were against Guardiola's Barcelona. I know they won in it in 1999 (after being totally outplayed for virtually the whole game) but they should have done more from the mid 90s to mid 2000s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

No - it’s illegal for club’s to receive state backing in the EU

But it’s not illegal to sell your training ground to the council for a billion euros (I’ve embellished it but isn’t that roughly what happened ) 

13 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

But they won't be tracked and given 3/5 year banning orders like fans for an English club would be?

Lads who have done smoke bombs or flares in European away ends for us have ended up receiving banning orders from LCFC not long after their return home.

Loads of pyro in scotland, they just think about it before they use it.

• Like 1

Everything about BT/ TNT now seems so forced. Fletcher and his bloke down the pub routine to Ferdinand and "vibes", a curious mix where nothing fits together.

Yet they also had the vastly popular Goals Show for a time. Definitely choosing names over ability.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Everything about BT/ TNT now seems so forced. Fletcher and his bloke down the pub routine to Ferdinand and "vibes", a curious mix where nothing fits together.

Yet they also had the vastly popular Goals Show for a time. Definitely choosing names over ability.

The Goals Show was one of the best things they had. Shame they got rid of it. 

• Like 1

On 02/06/2024 at 08:49, UniFox21 said:

Horncastle, who wasn't chosen for TNTs coverage, summarises the whole thing pretty well in a few of his tweets. I've quoted 2 here that add context to what seems like them being inevitable 

Good analysis as usual from him. Real Madrid genuinely don't get enough credit. There's a lot of bitterness and jealousy. I hit the point a few years ago where I started kind of admiring it. Yes they are obviously well resourced but plenty of other well resourced sides don't have that same ability of doing this that they do. Soon as that final got to half time at 0-0 I was pretty confident Dortmund's chance had gone and Real Madrid would end up winning it. I know people will point to the Adeyemi and Fullkrug missed chances (one of which was offside anyway) but are we really going to pretend Dortmund just win that from there if they score? I've no doubt Real would've come back. There's only so many times they can do this before people concede this is far more than luck. They're ruthless and they'll stop at nothing for success. I don't think there is enough of that in the game now. I think they're brilliant at avoiding the traps lots of other clubs, not naming names (Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Chelsea) are falling into.

Got to say I've found them easier to get on board with since Ronaldo went lol I feel a bit dirty for it all but they're a juggernaut. 6 Champions Leagues in 11 years is ridiculous. I cannot believe the amount of narrative I read about them not being very good - I'm still reading it now!!!

• Like 2

It's funny that a hate campaign against Bellingham has started and the guy us 20. You can be critical of his performance without hating the man. Maybe if he sounded like Danny Dyer and had the vocabulary of Wayne Rooney people would like him, but because he's very intelligent and speaks well, people want to bring him down. This country is really annoying sometimes.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Koke said:

It's funny that a hate campaign against Bellingham has started and the guy us 20. You can be critical of his performance without hating the man. Maybe if he sounded like Danny Dyer and had the vocabulary of Wayne Rooney people would like him, but because he's very intelligent and speaks well, people want to bring him down. This country is really annoying sometimes.

Nah, it's just literally what always happens and always will happen. Media put player on pedestal, people get annoyed, media try and knock player of pedestal.

They're just the loud voices though, the sane 95% of people that don't need to spew out every  sad little thought in their life will rate him as player and a bloke.

Can't believe how switched on he is for a 20 year old, clearly someone who's had an excellent upbringing.

• Like 3

He was pretty quiet in the latter knockout rounds and I do think that's an indicator that he's probably not quite ready to carry England to a tournament win but there's no reason he can't get there in time. Vinicius was similar a few years ago and now he's the absolute real deal.

Haven't watched enough of Brazil to know why but Vinicius only has 3 goals for them in 28 appearances. Has he just been a huge victim of Neymar? Seems a complete waste of abundantly obvious talent. He's probably my favourite player to watch since Messi.

13 hours ago, Koke said:

Where have you seen this? I've only ever seen positivity aimed towards him.

• Like 1