Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Abdul Fatawu Issahaku

4 hours ago, kingpower said:

Guy reporting this has a decent follower count and I think is regularly on Sky 

IMG_0878.jpeg

A lot of money on the option to buy…. £10m (odd)…. The Yunus one is reported at £7.5m and he’s arguably more likely to start…

maybe this lad has a higher ceiling?

43 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://abola.pt/nnh/2023-08-24/sporting-fatawu-quase-fechado-no-leicester/1001675

Fatawu almost closed at Leicester

Fatawu's future will really pass through Leicester. Sporting and the English club are finalizing the details of the agreement and, according to A BOLA, in the next few hours the Ghanaian international should receive the green light to travel to England.

Working apart from the main squad since the start of the season, Fatawu will be loaned to Leicester, with the English club having the possibility of exercising an option at the end of the season.

The value of it is still being negotiated between the clubs, but A BOLA knows that it will be higher than the 14 million euros that the English press advanced. In addition, the possibility of Sporting retaining a percentage of a future sale should not be overlooked, should Leicester activate this option, as happens, for example, with the loan of Jovane Cabral to Salernitana.

It should be recalled that he paid 1.2 million euros to Steadfast FC for all of the winger's sporting and economic rights, with the Ghanaian club entitled to receive 50% of a future capital gain after deducting the solidarity mechanism and expenses inherent in the sale.

Wow I'm very excited for this one now. Having an option means pretty little risk for us other than a loan fee and wages. We desperately need options and cover in the wide areas, and this goes some way towards getting us there. Rak-Sakyi of Place looks a great player, but we would never have the option to sign him outright, whereas we do with this player.

I'm asking some of the Sporting fans again what they think, but initial impressesions are that he's a good lad, hard working and has a lot of potential. Some people are referencing Matheus Perreira of former West Brom fame as being a similar sort of player and are predicting a similar result, IE going up in value a fair amount over the next few years. Encouraging to hear and worst case, we've signed a duffer on loan for a bit.

It seems like the main reason he is available is that he doesn't really fit into the 343 system that Amorim plays as he's much more of an out and out winger than hybrid wing back. Our wingers are also expected to put a shift in and help press, but he will have a lot more licence to try and beat his man.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Would be very happy with this guy and Yunus Akgun

One worry I had about potentially getting both Yunus and Rak-Sakyi is that both would probably be expecting to start every week, and Palace would be wanting/expecting it as well

At least this way we are more likely to have a starter - Yunus - and a younger player to develop and rotate in - Fatawu

Enzo could possibly look at sticking Mavididi through the middle as well i guess if needed

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Watched a reel. He's fast, direct and bloody strong. No idea if would translate into the championship. But hell- why not!!! But let's hope no one else noted he can only cut inside - Mr left peg!

well it worked for lloyd dyer 

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

It was the first dance/song played at my wedding reception. Which coinidentally was 10 years ago today!

Many congratulations to you both ( if its still going well 😂)

I had Don't look back in anger back in 96

Not sure if it was appropriate but we're still together and she's had years of Leicester depression from me to deal with😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think we would need to sign a Harwood-Bellis or a Chair permanently after we have concluded our outgoing business. Castagne, Soumare, Kristiansen, Ward, Daka, Souttar.

The fact it looks like Akgun and Assahaku will be initial loans makes them risk free in a way. Worst ways we haven't sunk a load of cost and can always revert to Albrighton, Marcel, Praet, Ricardo or Justin wide right if we have to.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Watched a reel. He's fast, direct and bloody strong. No idea if would translate into the championship. But hell- why not!!! But let's hope no one else noted he can only cut inside - Mr left peg!

No idea, but it translates as: “ntɛmntɛm tẽẽ ahoɔden” in Twi, which is the main language of Ghana…. if that’s helpful? 

He's a complete unknown entity by the looks of it, but he will be the first direct, strong, athletic winger we've had in an age! (Schlupp? N'Guessan?).

Him, Akgun and one other would make a good window (providing Faes and Kelechi don't leave)

Seen a few highlights of him now. First impressions are he looks extremely quick, strong, athletic. Very one footed, maybe a bit more direct compared to Akgun who seems to be more creative, but he's got a powerful shot on him. Actually quite similar to Mavididi in some respects. I would be pleased with this if it happens.

Hoping Enzo can develop him. From the videos I’ve watched so far- skill wise he’s a crap version of Demarai Gray. On the plus side, he’s more direct and has the body strength to ride through tackles and loves a pop at distance, so here’s hoping!:scarf:

• Like 1

He's only 19, so plenty of scope for him to develop. If he's got the drive and capacity to pick up Enzo's tactics and system, then we could have a really promising talent on our books. If not, then we have another Demarai Gray (who was pretty decent at this level, at a similar age). Not entirely a bad thing.

With him, Akgun and Wanya we've got some decent options. Hopefully (at least) one of them can push on and make the step up with us.